Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Yes wired controller plugs into the USB port (on the xbox 360 and works fine on my PC),as does the wireless charger plug into the USB port .

I hate wires but got 2 USB Wired pads :( never mind better save the money up for wireless pads.

DJ

The batteries in the wireless pads only last for 40 hours - I've had shits that have lasted longer than that. You can buy a charging kit for it though, which means you end up paying something like £50. £50 for a pad? I've already paid £220 for the XBOX, £77 for a hard drive, £30 for a pad and £100 for two games. MS aren't getting any more of my money for a while.

just get the pluginandplay thing i got that its great,if you connecting using ics do u need to connect to the interent on the pc to play on live?? thanks

Chris Davies said:
The batteries in the wireless pads only last for 40 hours - I've had shits that have lasted longer than that. You can buy a charging kit for it though, which means you end up paying something like £50. £50 for a pad? I've already paid £220 for the XBOX, £77 for a hard drive, £30 for a pad and £100 for two games. MS aren't getting any more of my money for a while.

I totally agree....The extortionate price M$ are charging for essentials is disgusting. However, I don't see the situation changing with Sony and Nintendo :(

Chris Davies said:

more fool you for paying £100 for 2 games, when its £40 for most games online.

If you paid for the premium, then it works out a lot cheaper too.

I'll admit I was desperate and I jumped the gun, but I'm glad I did as I'd much rather pay more money and play sooner. I was just saying that I'd rather spend the £50 cost of a wireless pad and charging thing on a game (I paid £50 for a game yes, but I exchanged 4 XBOX games for £35 off down at my local independently run games shop, and I wouldn't get that at GAME or Gameplay).

I'm very happy with it, I'm having more fun than on the PS2 and PC by a long shot. The only things I'm not happy with at the moment is the fact that PGR3 is more of a crash-em-up than a racer (you might as well quit within a few seconds when you get some wanker behind who spins you straight off - I bought the game to race, not to crash), and the fact that the Oddworld games (my favourite games of all time) are not yet supported by the 360.

Last edited:

totaly agree im gunna get a game 2moz was gunna go into town but didnt

Chris Davies said:
The only things I'm not happy with at the moment is the fact that PGR3 is more of a crash-em-up than a racer (you might as well quit within a few seconds when you get some wanker behind who spins you straight off - I bought the game to race, not to crash

Wrighty, have you been spending all your time on Live then? ;)

Look on Online gaming area for the first OFFICIAL EW PGR3 Monday Night Racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! coming soon...........................

kevano22 said:
If you paid for the premium, then it works out a lot cheaper too.

Thats IF you could have got a premium console which most of us here probably couldnt!

DJ

Yer yours was an Argos fluke job :) lol all the other I saw (after being screwed outta a premium to start with) were on Ebay for inflated prices so I had to go core.

DJ

kevano22 said:
if you looked hard enough you could...i ended up getting two as well! one for free ;)

I pre-ordered two advanced packs from HMV back in October '05. I was a bit lucky, though - two people cancelled last Tuesday hence HMV phoning me to collect them instead.

I absolutely LOVE the 360. PGR3 and COD2 are both AMAZING! :applause:

yeah have to agree with you ninjabreakz, I had my doubts to start with but I think they are both quality games!

More of the same please Games Publishers.

DJ

Advice to Core Users:

If you have the original cable that comes with your xbox 360 and you have a standard definition TV and your not happy with your picture quality (you think it could be a bit sharper) then do what I did with my 42" widescreen TV, I bought an Xbox 360 RGB Scart Cable from Madcatz off of amazon.co.uk for about £15, the difference in picture quality is very noticeable.

DJ

Even for Premium owners, the RGB lead makes a huge difference in SD.

The lead that comes with the 360 is only of use to HDTV owners. It doesnt output an RGB signal to an SD tv so is like the lead you get with the core.

I have a spare, unopened advanced 360 package. Dunno whether to sell it or not.

ninjabreakz said:
I have a spare, unopened advanced 360 package. Dunno whether to sell it or not.

You could probably make some cash on it mate, though not as much as about a fortnight ago. Might as well keep hold of it

bought X360 couple days ago, now waiting to get advanced scart to get some better image quality to my tv. downloaded the game demos on marketplace, well
not so incredible games yet for X360. games i think im gonna get are nhl 2k6, fight night r3 ,saint´s row(if it turns out good).

also im likely to get these games when they´re released:

-the outfit
-gears of war
-Pro EVO(hope it comes this year)
-flatout 2(if it´s coming)
-soul calibur
-halo3 (if it´s incredible)

Last edited:

What should i get next? I am still pretty much into PGR but i'm allready thinking of my next title but not sure...

im thinking getting COD2 too but im just wondering should i get the PC version instead because of the aiming and is it that much better on X360? i mean is it as fun online as PC FPS are?

it lags online, so if thats why your buying it, dont! However all ive heard is amazing things for it Single player!

im thinking of trading in my PDZ for COD2, because i heard rumours of a patch to reduce lag online in COD2 :D

well if thats true for online then game like call of duty online is more than half of the fun so maybe i wait for something less lagging fps for x360 but the thing is i dont like these "space" shooters so much than i like ww2 aka "realistic" shooters.

On COD2 I hate the fact I cant invite my friends to join games!! pahhh! That is bloody annoying. My next games are likely to be NFL Madden 06 and 2K Sports NHL 06 :)

DJ

I just sold COD2, brilliant game but ultimately quite samey and the Live is yet to be sorted out.

Shame as the single player is immense.

damm i cant connect i have windows me so i do everything the xbox site said untill the end when i click finish, it comes up error netconn.exe so it wont work damm im soo pissed off its unbelivable, please i need help before i throw my pc out the window

Anyone playing with a VGA cable (possibly HDTV cable too) who's planning on buying Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (and other XBOX-original games)... Don't. Or at least have a look around the net first.

There's been reports of map problems etc. with Chaos Theory, none of which I have experienced yet, but when I try to play on XBOX Live (which is the only way to download the latest fix as well, so I'm told), the game crashes with an error message stating "your display mode isn't supported". The only way around it? To use a composite or S-VIDEO cable.

Not a happy bunny at ALL... But then in all honesty it was the single-player mode I bought it for anyway, which (so far) is working okay.

Still, I'm tempted to take it back and get something else instead. Huge disappointment.

For a fiver mate and your not happy.................... ;)

Back
Top Bottom