Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

got my etherent card and its being put in by this store that i know this weekend cant wait to go on live

Oh right only1tevez is there some kinda warranty issue with your PC which stops you from putting in your Ethernet Card yourself?

DJ

has anyone tryed it get a template for the face plate on the pc do your graphics using photoshop then print it and stuck it on see how that works out??

I think you would need a printer that has the ability to print A3 wouldnt you? to make your own Faceplate that is.

DJ

in regards to faceplates, does anyone know any good, cheap UK sites that do them, i wanna make my 360 look nice n sexy

Xbox 360 Proto :

x360proto.jpg

i like the metal one

kevano22 said:
Is this a UK site? It charges me in dollars when i click an order :S

Doesnt the fact its in Dollars give it away slightly mate ;)

Feck me, just got a little disapointed. My wireless controller fell to the floor one time, and the RB stopped working...

My DS2 dropped on the floor a gazillion times, and no button ever stopped working, that only happened when i actually threw the controller, not acidently drop it.

I'm gonna try opening it up and see what i can do...

Tuesday 11 January 2006, approx. 10.20am

My mobile phone rings, and the voice on the other end is a HMV representitive. As soon as he states who he is, I know what the phone call is for! My 360's are in! I preordered two advanced packages back in October, so I it was about time. Went down there, paid for them, also picked up PGR3 and Call Of Duty 2, and rushed home (via Subway for some baguette action) to set mine up (the other 360 is for my brother, who is yet to pick his up). All up and running within 10 minutes, and all I can say is that I am very, very impressed.
I love everything about the machine. It is slick, sexy and cool. I love the wireless control pad. I love the multi-media functions. I love the way it feels cruising around London in PGR3. I love the sound effects and atmosphere in COD2. I love life now. The future is bright.

kevano22 said:
Well i asked for UK Sites, and i didnt think it was ;)

Sorry, I thought it was. It looks like a UK site at first glance due to the pricing being 9.99 and I am sure I saw a pound sign on there.

Oh well, as I said.. try eBay or Joytech.

Only1Tevez, are you English? Reading your posts gave me eye cancer.

P-dogg said:
Only1Tevez, are you English? Reading your posts gave me eye cancer.

:lmao:

On another note, Game are set to get 16,000 Premium Consoles, (that's even a 1000 more than they got for launch day!); in the last week of January, along with all the perpherials you couldnt get your paws on before.

So hang in there people who are desperate for a 360, they're coming!!!!!

On a further other note, I'd just like to say a big thanks for people making this thread alot of fun and praising the machine. ThomasGOAL, I know you've been trying your best to undermine the machine the best you can on here, but if you can, really go and try Fight Night Round 3, you saw the 'demo' on PS3 earlier on in the year at E3, well now play that in the present on the 360. I played another couple of times on it last night, lost one bout on points as Roy Jones Jr, but kicked his ass at Bernard Hopkins.

Please TG, for more balanced reasoning behind your arguments go out there and play the actual machine, use a wireless pad and enjoy the Live menu, everything is structured and there and easy to use, for Sony to achieve the same will take a hell of a lot of work from Sony Online.

As much as he doesnt want to admit it.... he is a Sony FANBOY :)

I like both the PS2 and Original Xbox, and now the 360 rocks my world :) and if TG did actually play on one I think he would be pleasantly suprised and would be made to eat his words. I was made to eat my words about my comments rubbishing the Nintendo DS when Mario Kart DS came out and I saw how good it was when my mate got it!

DJ

just got pgr3, keep hitting walls on bends, but i won my first street race with 5 "easy" opponents :D

Mate the trick to PGR 3 is to brake hard but early, clip the kurb on the inside of the corner whilst sliding round it :) loads A Kudos and you will look like "The Daddy" :) I love slidin the Enzo Ferrari around the first London Street Race track. Trying to complete the game on Hardcore now, ive finished it on Medium Mode.

DJ

OMG!! it's the PS3.... is out!!! :lol: grab a copy before it runs out but you'll prolly be too dumb to get one ;)
sonyPS3.jpg

They got some sick faceplates there though, absolutely mence!! cheers for the link "only1tevez" ;)

Last edited:

lol at studeep, I like the footy player faceplate, might have to invest in one.

DJ

Holio said:
:lmao:

On another note, Game are set to get 16,000 Premium Consoles, (that's even a 1000 more than they got for launch day!); in the last week of January, along with all the perpherials you couldnt get your paws on before.

So hang in there people who are desperate for a 360, they're coming!!!!!

On a further other note, I'd just like to say a big thanks for people making this thread alot of fun and praising the machine. ThomasGOAL, I know you've been trying your best to undermine the machine the best you can on here, but if you can, really go and try Fight Night Round 3, you saw the 'demo' on PS3 earlier on in the year at E3, well now play that in the present on the 360. I played another couple of times on it last night, lost one bout on points as Roy Jones Jr, but kicked his ass at Bernard Hopkins.

Please TG, for more balanced reasoning behind your arguments go out there and play the actual machine, use a wireless pad and enjoy the Live menu, everything is structured and there and easy to use, for Sony to achieve the same will take a hell of a lot of work from Sony Online.

I agree, this is a great thread and one thats had me visiting evo-web way more than usual. I kinda stopped coming here after PES2.

I also concur that Roy JJ gets his ass whooped by Bernard Hopkins more often than he dishes it out in the demo. I'm stil a sucker for Jones Jr. though.

P-Dog piss off... what about you, you cant even read,they asked for uk sites but u posted a us site u spinnout

well theres no doubting this machine is amazing, but I just hope theres more to it than just a great online service in the future.

I for one aint an online gamer, dont have the time and effort. Prefer having actual people aorund me when playing multiplayer games.

At least that way you can give them a swift uppercut if they're messing up ;)

Holio said:
:lmao: On another note, Game are set to get 16,000 Premium Consoles, (that's even a 1000 more than they got for launch day!); in the last week of January, along with all the perpherials you couldnt get your paws on before.

Carl were did you hear that? Im busting to get a hard drive. I could get one from an american site and have it pretty soon for bout £80. Does anyone know for a certainty that hard drives from the US are compatible with european consoles?? Im guessing as such, but dont want to the hassle if they dont. Though I would probably prefer to hold out for Game's stock and use my vouchers there.

only1tevez said:
P-Dog piss off... what about you, you cant even read,they asked for uk sites but u posted a us site u spinnout

Lmao. That was a simple mistake, I am thoroughly capable of reading.

Using absolutely no capital letters or punctuation whatsoever is offensive on the eyes. What you have to say is interesting and at no point would I ignore you or dismiss you because of this. I'd go as far as to say your enthusiasm is really catching and thats cool. I just find it hard to read ;)

Last edited:

slasher said:
Carl were did you hear that? Im busting to get a hard drive. I could get one from an american site and have it pretty soon for bout £80. Does anyone know for a certainty that hard drives from the US are compatible with european consoles?? Im guessing as such, but dont want to the hassle if they dont. Though I would probably prefer to hold out for Game's stock and use my vouchers there.

An assistant manager of a Game store told me last night that's what the Game and therefore probably Gamestation outlets will be getting at the end of the month for the UK. I dont think there is any compatibility issues with the HD's if you import, I think djdavdoc ordered one from the US, so maybe he could tell you for sure. I suppose the only thing is will the things be distributed evenly to each Game store or will it be pot luck if a store gets one or not.

Back
Top Bottom