Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Ive read on Xbox-scene.com that there are no probs using Hard Drives ordered from the US on Pal UK machines. Mine will be arriving Via UPS tomorrow so ill let you know then :)

DJ

Project Gotham 3 demo now available. More than 1.2gb's...

My wired controller has normal screws, my wireless RB buttonless controller has different screws, so i must get some special screwdriver... I'm screwed...

I would have thought it wont be till their usual release date of October-ish sort of time, unless they started working on next generation PES last May when MS would have sent them a 360 Dev Kit. Who knows id like to think Summer time but I very much doubt it.

DJ

I can confirm as of lunchtime today that US Xbox 360 Hard Drives do work with UK Pal Xbox 360's :) mine arrived at lunch I plugged it in and it works :)

Had to copy all my gamer profiles and stuff from my memory unit and it worked.

DJ

Meh, its quite common place for the machine to crash in PGR3. Not ideal butno biggy.

do you know? I have completed PGR 3 and the only crash I had was my own fault, it was gathering playerlist information and I was stupid enough to press the middle Xbox Button and then select players list!

Thats the only crash ive had on PGR3, when I completed it on Medium mode no such problems.

DJ

lol at Holio :) hows your 360 Experience? do you feel at the centre of it?

DJ

I'm loving the 360, I'm just gutted I cant play some of the newer FPS on it though, the likes of SW BF2 and Battlefield 2, cause I feel both of them games are better shooters than PDZ. Its the getting time to play it is my downfall though, but hope to be gaming later on something.

Ive heard bad words about PDZ, I do like COD2 but I think its only play is too limited, me and a mate have both got the game and we cant invite one another to a game online!! pahh!

I got BF2 on the PC and I Like it its quite decent but the prob is I get bored by it if there isnt much action going on.

DJ

I've not had any probs with PDZ online and its pretty easy to start your own game up. Also i've not had any lagg on it unlike COD the few games i've seen being played of that where terrible.

when is fight night live out i may buy that it looks super

djdavedoc said:
I can confirm as of lunchtime today that US Xbox 360 Hard Drives do work with UK Pal Xbox 360's :) mine arrived at lunch I plugged it in and it works :)

Had to copy all my gamer profiles and stuff from my memory unit and it worked.

DJ

Nice one mate,thanks, Ive just ordered one from amazon.com for £78, expected to arrive next week.

In regards PDZ, I bought that and had to exercise the 10 day rule and trade that shite in for Condemned. Which I really enjoyed and after completing it sold on e-bay for 35 nupes! PDZ for me was nothing more than a high end x box game, bit too much of a teeny bopper feeling going on for me as well.

Just had my first ever crash, on PGR3... Twice, while trying to look at a gamercard from the "Friends" menu. Hmph.

Dont look at the Gamercards while in game, it appears to be a bug that hasnt been fixed yet, if you really want to look at them, do it after you have finished racing on Live.

Very similar to the crash I had trying to look at the friends list, I also downloaded the Need For Speed Most Wanted Demo last night to my 360 hard drive and after it had finished and I pressed the B button a couple of times to close the menu the 360 froze :( so it seems there is a slight connectivity issue with Xbox Live.

DJ

Probably a stupid question but... If I bought PES5 and I wanted to put an option file on with the correct player names etc., is that possible with a 360? It's not possible with a 360 game, is it? I mean, I'd love nothing more than to be able to download an option file that unlocks all the levels in Kameo so I can play it in co-op mode without having to finish the game in single-player mode first (I think that's ridiculous, you know what's coming, you have to do it all over again and it eliminates the desire to play co-op completely for me).

You cant load a option file for PES5 from an Xbox save unless your a genius. Check the thread here for the details.As for downloading game saves, no doubt it could become a common thing in the future with the Marketplace, but I wouldnt hold out for now, and with no Max Drive available yet I doubt you could do it. Also the whole file sharing with you PC only lets you view stuff and stream things, but doesnt actually allow you to copy files across as far as I know.

Cheers Holio, you're a threesixteenious. :)

Shame that previous XBOX saves are incompatible without a lot of work though. With all the other features that they've stuck in it's a bit of a shock. I'm hoping a method comes around where I can use a USB memory stick with XBOX saves on it and load it that way.

Apparently, according to that link, it is possible to use someone else's 360 save; though you're disallowed from receiving any "achievements" with it (which would be fine by me, I don't give a toss about a number on my gamercard, I just want to play co-op out of the box, as it should be "allowed" in the first place). Unfortunately though, you can't download saves from the internet as of yet (as you said, there's no Max Drive etc. available), and so it would need to be copied from a mate's memory card to yours, or your hard drive.

I think alot of it would be to do with the way the game was saved on the original XB, and thus the emulation games are saved in a different matter, it is weird considering they whopped and hollered about Halo and Halo2 being compatible so much, the fact you cant take across or access there game saves is kinda weird, but then it also gave alot of Non XB owners the chance to play what MS probably thought as there two biggest AAA titles.

Mind you when you boot up a PES5 on Live you lose your option file data anyhow as it only allows default data when your playing to thus prevent cheating. It is very early in its life cycle, the machine is out less than 2 months, given time no doubt there will be progress made in areas and maybe you'll be able to access and transfer your game saves. However for some games you wont, the likes of PGR2 linked itself to the actual HD of your XB, and you couldnt ever transfer it to another HD or access it as it wasnt Memory Card compatible either.

Im sure it will be a question of time until the ability to transfer saves from Xbox 1 to Xbox 360 will be made available, I think its stupid that you lose all your progress from any Xbox 1 titles that you played to death, It means you have to keep your old hardware lying around. Not good really considering most of us spend all our time on the 360. I mean my PS2 is still collecting dust, it hasnt been switched on since a couple of days before I got my 360!

Im sure MS will come up with somekind of solution, they are even talking about adding a Blue Ray DVD drive as an add on!

DJ

Am I the only one who bought the advanced 360 package (with the hard drive, DVD remote, wireless controller etc)? Great value for money at £279 is you ask me. Also, I know this will sound stupid, but where would a wired controller plug in? There are 2 memory card ports, and 2 USB ports on the front - so do they plug in them?

Chris Davies said:
Don't they plug into the USB connections like the normal pads?

Surely that would mean that normal PC game control pads would work then?

I am going to get a second wireless pad, anyway - they are far better. I HATE wires! 8) :) \\:o/

Back
Top Bottom