Microsoft Xbox 360

I think my Elite is dead again!! I had some strange artifacts flickering all over the screen during a FIFA online match which I was winning 3-0.... then more flickering and colour fuck-ups and then Dead.... Game Crashed before the finish of the match!!

Thats how mine started

heres a run down of how it plays out :))

First it will start getting more frequent, then it will get the artifacts you mention on the Xbox startup logo and freeze, then you will restart to find 3 RLOD

360'S are very unreliable. i would suggest owning a ps3 or build yourself a decent gaming pc so that if your 360 gets the RROD treatment you could game on the other machine without missing out on the 360

This Wednesday: Brain Challenge, Bliss Island on XBLA

It's a holiday for puzzle fans on Xbox Live Arcade this week, both for the nose-in-the-books types and those who like their brain-teasing a bit more whimsical. First up is the Gameloft-developed Brain Challenge which (if you haven't already guessed) appears to be in the Brain Age vein, but with the addition of modes (like ones that test your ability to deal with stress and one for the kids) and online multiplayer. You can pick it up for 800 points ($10).

Also on tap, a visit to Codemasters' Bliss Island, where you'll play "Hoshi the Zwooph, a mystical blue creature that emits precise puffs of air to create clouds" (yes, we know, it's a total rip-off of The Wire). You can play through 25 puzzles or challenge friends if you pony up the required 400 points ($5). Both will drop on the service on Wednesday.

Children See Nude Pics on Xbox Live
Grab your oxygen tanks, it's time for some breathless news.

Lansing, Michigan television station WLNS reports on how online games, in particular the Xbox Live, have become a magnet for sexual predators.

Thursday night a woman identified only as Jennifer said that her two children (whose ages were also not listed) were playing a game on "X-Box Live" when they were "exposed to nude pictures sent from someone on the other end."

Jennifer immediately turned off the system and then "called Xbox Live", the faceless online service apparently told Jennifer there was "nothing they could do about it."

Oh X-Box Live, you lie! We all know that you can block individual gamertags, report them for abuse and even set up parental controls to limit access online for children. Why would you lie to Jennifer X-Box Live? Why?

I see plenty of new games out there (or almost) and zero demos for me to try..
same goes for psn ...

I wouldn't say worthless mate. There's LOADS of films on HD-DVD which will be pretty cheap as time goes on. Pretty good back catalogue to watch and I'll probably pick one up :)

You trading one it? To get a PS3?

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Almost tempted.

Na, I've sent mine in for repair at MS.
And am planning to pick up an Arcade machine (£139 at ShopTo) hoepfully more quiet and reliable.

If that fails, fuck it! I'm going to flash my 360...

im confused

why is it the 360 vs PS3?

at the minute the 360 has the better games but the second the PS3 has better games im selling my 360 and getting a PS3

all i want is the best games possible, i have no ties to Sony or Microsoft

im confused

why is it the 360 vs PS3?

at the minute the 360 has the better games but the second the PS3 has better games im selling my 360 and getting a PS3

all i want is the best games possible, i have no ties to Sony or Microsoft

Well said. It's so pathetic why people argue that theirs is better- who gives a fuck! I had a 360 and changed it for a PS3 recently but will get an Xbox 720 or whatever if it supersedes the PS3! I just want to have the best and couldnt give a monkeys about brand loyalty.

it's just that i am angry at microsoft at the moment - i am no fanboy whatsoever, i have (had) a playstation 1, 2, Dreamcast, Wii, several Gameboys etc. - but all of them worked! :-( and the xbox clearly doesn't - so it's useless for me, i hate sitting there with that strange feeling in my stomache..uh oh, better turn it off now or the ROD might be waiting just around the corner...i want to switch it on, play as long as i want, turn it off again and be a 100% certain it will boot up the next time.

I was thinking of getting an xbox 360, but I've been put off by all the reported problems with it... it looks like they have the reliability of windows.

Back
Top Bottom