Microsoft Xbox 360

Good move Sony.
Altough they might lose some sales since some people's decision to buy a ps3 had alot to do with the Blu-ray, long term Sony is probably gonna make buckloads of money.

Funny though, Hideo Kojima said a few days ago that Konami had to cut some scenes out of MGS4 because the blu-ray disc was full. (lol)
Makes me wonder if it's even possible a 360 version, unless very downgraded.

Rumor: 20GB Xbox 360 is out, 60GB is in

TrustedReviews is pretty confident about their latest "world exclusive" – they say the Xbox 360's 20GB hard drive is going the way of the Core system (read: dying), and in its place we'll have a 60GB Pro system. While the site is sure their info is on the money, they're not sure about when we can expect this new drive (before the end of Microsoft's fiscal year, says their source, which ends June 30). Will the hard drive-less Arcade console replace the missing 20GB model? They can't be sure, but they do say the boys in Redmond are considering adding another SKU to their increasingly complex product lineup. Something in between the Arcade and the 60GB? Or perhaps something with built-in Blu-ray (if that "makes sense")?

What's the point of a 60gb HD if we can't install and run games from it to get performance improvements?

Marketing...? And to push the VoD/rentals etc.

Anyway, I am going to return my RRoD 360 to MS. I sent of for a repair, how long does it take to get the email with the sticker/address thing by email?

Argh balls red ring of death on my 4 month old Elite, I really thought getting the newer elite would mean i would never get this! :DOH:

Argh balls red ring of death on my 4 month old Elite, I really thought getting the newer elite would mean i would never get this! :DOH:

Really mate? I saw you online only last night, did it die today? :((

Guys I have a question - will a normal USB keyboard work with the 360?

So I can write messages using a USB keyboard instead of that MSN-keyboard thing that plugs into the controller? (sorry for the 100 questions!)

I've always thought that it should work - USB is generally universal. I just wondered if Micro$oft would of made it difficult so we'd all have to go out and buy the MSN-keyboard thing that plugs into the controllers.

Guys I want to trade my GameCube and 4 or 5 GameCube games at Gamestation/Game - what would I be looking at in exchange? £5? :lol:

Just phoned Game and they'll give me £8 for the GameCube, £12 for all the games and £18 for Orange Box (which I've completed and I hate Team Fortress.)

Gonna buy a pre-owned COD4 I think! I've been missing it TOO much.

Really mate? I saw you online only last night, did it die today? :((

It went on Saturady night jst turned it on and nohting but a horrible noise and the 3 red lights, unplugged everything and tried it again Sunday morning got the same thing. I went to show my mrs about an hour later and it booted up fine put a game on for about 5 minutes and it crashed with white lines all over the screen tried again lasted an hour before crashing again. Just put it on now and again no red flashing lights so ill see how long it lasts..

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=94329

Microsoft will officially lower the prices of all its Xbox 360 units in Europe from 14th March.

The biggest saving will be made on the Premium unit, which drops by GBP 50 (EUR 80) down to GBP 199.99 (EUR 269.99).

Elsewhere the Arcade model will become the cheapest new-generation model at GBP 159.99 (EUR 199.99), while the Elite will fall to GBP 259.99 (EUR 369.99). That's GBP 40 off the current price in both instances.

"Xbox 360 is now mass market in Europe," said Chris Lewis, bigwig at Microsoft Entertainment Europe. "We have reached and surpassed several key milestones that form part of our long term strategic plan to achieve critical mass in Europe; and our portfolio now offers the kind of mainstream entertainment experiences that secure wider appeal for Xbox 360.

"History shows that GBP 159.99 is the price point where a console's audience begins to expand, and with these new ERPs in place we're ready to bring more consumers into the Xbox 360 world."

The announcement comes after the German Financial Times reported that the platform holder would reduce the cost of its console throughout our region.

Hooray.

I think my Elite is dead again!! I had some strange artifacts flickering all over the screen during a FIFA online match which I was winning 3-0.... then more flickering and colour fuck-ups and then Dead.... Game Crashed before the finish of the match!!

That's how mine started DJ, the artefacts.

It's weird, I had one Xbox 360 that is still going with a mate of mine (purchased at release), and I've had this one for a good while now. The two others I had between now and then lasted a couple of months each. It seems you either get one that lasts forever or you get one that lasts a few months...

I think my Elite is dead again!! I had some strange artifacts flickering all over the screen during a FIFA online match which I was winning 3-0.... then more flickering and colour fuck-ups and then Dead.... Game Crashed before the finish of the match!!

Oh no! :(

Back
Top Bottom