Microsoft Xbox 360

Guys, is there much of a difference with HDMI? How does the Elite compare with a Premium, I've never even seen one in the flesh *excited*

Personally I've noticed much of a difference between component and HDMI, though some people swear this is a massive difference. Sites like IGN have done articles where they've compared the two and said the difference is VERY minimal.

I haven't tried component - but I can't imagine it being any better than the HDMI - On my TV it is sweeter than Apple Pie!!!

Depends on your TV Coopz, I noticed a sizeable difference in Detail when I used HDMI compared to Component HD and even VGA....

thats because your tv has weak way of dealing with the component signal, its digital there shouldnt be a difference between hdmi and component... its just 1's and 0's
but yes DJ your right, it all depends on your tv

ah ok but it worked for me :) Plus Sony banged on about how HDMI Delivers TRUE HD output.

well thats up to sony, some tv's dont support 1080p over component, only becaue they want to use HDMCP copy right software with the HDMI connection(which is built in). So they force you to use HDMI to watch 1080p blue ray. But that doesnt mean its impossible.

Dont get excited you wont see much if any difference

"HDMI 1080p vs component 1080p/i
We're going to be totally honest here, we hardly noticed a damn difference at all.

it looks almost identical on both consoles."

:applaud:

Microsoft has a new promotion for those gamers who are just getting into the the Xbox Live scene. Those gamers who have just created a Gamertag can register via a .NET site to receive a download code for the XBLA version of the classic tabletop game Settlers of Catan. The article is formally for recommending friends, but any user who has created a Gamertag since the twenty-fifth of this month can sign up.

-------------------------------------------

I'm sure you could just make a fake gamertag using a throwaway email address and get the game for free on your console that way ;)

Back
Top Bottom