Microsoft Xbox 360

My 360 died tonight. Bought on 28 January so it lasted less than a month. It was working fine last night but switched it on tonight and got the red ring of death. This was one of the so called "reliable" falcon units. This was the reason I sold my 360 last time after 3 failed in quick succession, I am going to take it back to Game tomorrow and hope that they exchange it for me as it is less than a month since I bought it.

They will change over no problem Kamy. Have a mate who works in Game, he told me last year sometime that Game had 52,000 360's waiting in warehouses to go back to MS.

If it's within 28 days then they have to exchange it I believe. That's pretty shocking though, less than a month :roll:

I think, even if it was within the year, you can take back to the store where you bought it from.

That is cool as I don't really want to send it to Microsoft, I assume that all I need to take is the console itself and none of the wires. Agree that it is shocking that it didn't even last a month. I'll give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt but if it happens again then that is me finished with the 360 forever.

Na, take everyhting back.
It depends who you bought it from.
GAME I think swap out the console, others will require you to give everything back. Be sure to get to keep your Hard Drive, get them to take back the new Hard Drive on the replacement 360.

If that's all that's stopping you Jumbo let me tell you that my PS3 has crashed four times in two days. So far I've only been playing demos, if it happened in the middle of a full game I would be mightily pissed off.

The 360 is better, I promise you.

so-not-funny.jpg

Hi guys, I just switched my 360 from the really nice 42 inch hdmi to a crappy roughly 20 in which is in my room. Upside is I get more play time but the downside is it looks crap compared to the HD. So now I want a new tv, probably in the $500 range. I've no idea what to get though that will make the 360 look as good as it can for that price range.

Your thoughts?

Hi guys, I just switched my 360 from the really nice 42 inch hdmi to a crappy roughly 20 in which is in my room. Upside is I get more play time but the downside is it looks crap compared to the HD. So now I want a new tv, probably in the $500 range. I've no idea what to get though that will make the 360 look as good as it can for that price range.

Your thoughts?

People have better thoughts in the TV thread in the Technology section of Evo Web ;))

Well, after a brief trial with Boomerang and renting games, I'm not sure it's the best way forward. Twice I've had games sent out to me, and on neither occasion did I get the top games on my list (even though their stock levels show they had the game in their stock). I don't fancy paying £14 a month just to play old games from more than six months ago, so I might be forced to having to buy games again.

Well, after a brief trial with Boomerang and renting games, I'm not sure it's the best way forward. Twice I've had games sent out to me, and on neither occasion did I get the top games on my list (even though their stock levels show they had the game in their stock). I don't fancy paying £14 a month just to play old games from more than six months ago, so I might be forced to having to buy games again.

What a bunch of Cock knockers!!!!

Yeah I mainly need it for the HDMI output and the more memory but like Dags said, I prefer the black casing. You can't see the dirt on it then!

I was using a 26" with HDMI but I swapped my TV to a 42" but no HDMI :( I had to choose between size and quality ... and size does matter ;)

Back
Top Bottom