Microsoft Windows 10

Well for me Windows 10 didnt help with FIFA15... its very weird, game starts fine, locked at 60FPS, than after a few shots and corners its like the laptop starts struggling to keep 60FPS and starts lowering to 55, 54, 53... game gets unplayeable.. shouldnt be the case from the specs this laptop has but oh well, time to go back to the xb1 :(

Could you try installing the new 353.62 driver from Nvidia? "Game ready driver for Win 10"... maybe it will help?

(Or Catalyst 15.7.1 if you have an AMD card)

When I tested Windows 10 BETA I got a massive performance increase when playing games.

FIFA 15 went from being just about playable in low settings to easily being played.
I also noticed improvements in other games and not just FIFA.

Only thing I would suggest.

CTRL-ALT-DELETE and end as may processes as you can before doing the update, there will be a program stopping the update

Ended about 50 processes and left the system ones.

Still fails.

I can't be bothered anymore.

Thanks though.

Could you try installing the new 353.62 driver from Nvidia? "Game ready driver for Win 10"... maybe it will help?

(Or Catalyst 15.7.1 if you have an AMD card)

Ok so i tried, same issues, game starts very well, steady 60fps.. than after about 30minutes(ingame time) theres some drops and after that every shot or inside the box play it goes down to 53, 54 fps...

Heres a picture i took from my Afterburner to monitor the CPU etc usage.. do u think this could be an issue of the GPU getting too hot cause u can cleary see the GPU usage is not steady, i did noticed that when the issue starts the cooling system boosts up to its maximum(i can hear)...
msia_zpsdyxz0q8s.png

What does it say for you when you click on the "Get Windows 10" icon in the icon tray?

Installed and working fine, I needed the latest 780 drivers but thats it.

Going to try it using USB and reboot. Hopefully that works.

Got it installed perfectly on my Laptop using the media creation tool and a usb.

Running fine, but not going to install on desktop until everything has full driver support and no BETA drivers

By the way, going to install it on my notebook soon. As bsmaff said, I'll probably wait before installing it on my main PC (it's a 2009 machine with an X58 chip so there would hardly be any official driver either from Asus or from Intel).

Ended about 50 processes and left the system ones.

Still fails.

I can't be bothered anymore.

Thanks though.

One issue I kept experiencing with the Preview was not enough disk space. I think I needed 15-20GB free to install. And once you did an update to a newer W10 release, it still kept the old system files (about 10GB) which needed to be deleted via Disk Cleanup.

One issue I kept experiencing with the Preview was not enough disk space. I think I needed 15-20GB free to install. And once you did an update to a newer W10 release, it still kept the old system files (about 10GB) which needed to be deleted via Disk Cleanup.

I have around 300gb free :/

I'm seriously out of ideas.

Got it installed perfectly on my Laptop using the media creation tool and a usb.

Running fine, but not going to install on desktop until everything has full driver support and no BETA drivers

I have a Lenovo Z510 and I'm starting to think it is being the issue here.

You've the run from the usb from startup or in windows running?

Just in case (as I've seen it happen often with PCs/laptops from Lenovo), do you have the Nalpeiron Licensing Service active on your PC?
It's pretty much known for breaking Windows Update (as in pretty much any update refusing to install no-matter-what) so maybe it's interfering somehow with your update too.

So open task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) then head to the "services" tab and, if you have it, set it to disabled (+ manual activation) then restart and try updating again. :)

Got it upgraded and working ok (touch wood!) was a pain though, trying to download from the MS site to a USB drive wouldn't work, "Something Happened" repeatedly, so I downloaded the ISO from MS' site instead and used an app (Rufus) to create a bootable USB version of the ISO, booted into the flashdrive and started the upgrade and suddenly got a weird message saying I'd already started the upgrade so I should reboot and then start it again from Windows (sure I'd tried that a number of times!). So rebooted then in Windows 8.1 tried running the setup exe from the flashdrive and it worked! :)

Just in case (as I've seen it happen often with PCs/laptops from Lenovo), do you have the Nalpeiron Licensing Service active on your PC?
It's pretty much known for breaking Windows Update (as in pretty much any update refusing to install no-matter-what) so maybe it's interfering somehow with your update too.

So open task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) then head to the "services" tab and, if you have it, set it to disabled (+ manual activation) then restart and try updating again. :)

I'll try that mate thanks.

EDIT: Nope, don't have it. Plus, I never really had an issue of any kind. This is my first :/

Got it upgraded and working ok (touch wood!) was a pain though, trying to download from the MS site to a USB drive wouldn't work, "Something Happened" repeatedly, so I downloaded the ISO from MS' site instead and used an app (Rufus) to create a bootable USB version of the ISO, booted into the flashdrive and started the upgrade and suddenly got a weird message saying I'd already started the upgrade so I should reboot and then start it again from Windows (sure I'd tried that a number of times!). So rebooted then in Windows 8.1 tried running the setup exe from the flashdrive and it worked! :)

Ugh my head hurts. I got the ISO and put it on my USB as well using rufus then booted from usb, which ran fine until it asked for a serial that i couldn't skip!

Can you give me a step by step re: rufus?

Last edited:
EDIT: Nope, don't have it. Plus, I never really had an issue of any kind. This is my first :/
Sorry it didn't work. I've seen that service screw the updates on a number of Lenovo PCs/laptops, I thought this was also the case.

I hope you find a solution then :)

Ugh my head hurts. I got the ISO and put it on my USB as well using rufus then booted from usb, which ran fine until it asked for a serial that i couldn't skip!

Can you give me a step by step re: rufus?

Rufus was a case of choosing the flashdrive and the ISO the rest was pretty much automatically sorted and sounds like it worked fine for you that part, I got the CD Key request and clicked skip (which is how you're meant to do it the first time when upgrading from a valid 7/8) and it upgraded fine once I did it in windows instead of booting to it. Have you tried that to boot into windows first then run the exe from the flashdrive?

Rufus was a case of choosing the flashdrive and the ISO the rest was pretty much automatically sorted and sounds like it worked fine for you that part, I got the CD Key request and clicked skip (which is how you're meant to do it the first time when upgrading from a valid 7/8) and it upgraded fine once I did it in windows instead of booting to it. Have you tried that to boot into windows first then run the exe from the flashdrive?

eYW1nW0.jpg

That happened again using MS' tool by skipping serial key. Got to around 25% and bam :(

You've the run from the usb from startup or in windows running?

I done it through Windows as for Windows 10 to activate it has to be done via an update first time.

Back
Top Bottom