Microsoft Windows 10

It still haven't started for me. Though, I have lost "Get Windows 10" icon from my taskbar, but in Windows Update there still says that my upgrade has been reserved

It still haven't started for me. Though, I have lost "Get Windows 10" icon from my taskbar, but in Windows Update there still says that my upgrade has been reserved

You need to manually do it. Here's how:

Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete all files in that Download folder. Do not delete the Download folder though.

Open Command Prompt as admin and type this command
wuauclt.exe/updatenow

Go to windows update and you should see it will begin to download Windows 10

The tip above doesn't work for me, just starts to download a single security update (~200KB)... :(

Lol it failed 3 times for me so far after downloading and installing.

Hope you're happy @Dazfeeder!

I'll try it for the last time now. I've manually started my windows installer service and ran the update again. Hope this works. If not, I'm done.

You need to manually do it. Here's how:

Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete all files in that Download folder. Do not delete the Download folder though.

Open Command Prompt as admin and type this command
wuauclt.exe/updatenow

Go to windows update and you should see it will begin to download Windows 10

Yeah that didn't work for me either, I think it probably isn't rolled out here yet which is why that "force" trick isn't working.

The update isn't rolled out for everyone yet. There's no point in trying to force it.

I had the icon for the update since a month maybe, but I'm still reluctant, I don't want to download the update until there's solid confirmations from people who did it, that the update doesn't mess with anything, especially apps and games and patches installed.

You have a year of time to decide so it's not like you need to rush it. ;)
BTW, downloaded here. Now I'll have to decide whether to install it straight away or wait a little (or maybe even run it in a VM to get an idea).

I've always used the latest beta Nvidia drivers anyway so wouldn't have noticed anything there.

I've installed a few things lately and the Windows 8 drivers have worked fine but to be honest, there's not much in the way of drivers that I need to use that isn't included in Windows 10 anyway.

Is there a specific driver you're having trouble with?

So far after checking the following drivers are available for my system:
Intel Chipset
Intel Managment Engine - BETA ONLY
Intel Rapid Storage - BETA ONLY
Nvidia Driver
Creative Sound Card - Expected August 2015 (Reality June 2017)

Things like printer, web cam and Xbox controllers are just plug and play.
But my issue at present is the only available driver for my now ancient Z87 board is BETA drivers.. When those drivers become official then I will upgrade my system.

Grrrr...

iuxCs3w.png

try upgrading via microsoft media creation tool.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I did and it didn't work.

I guess if I'm that desperate I'd just get the ISO and put it on a USB and go from there. I'll see how desperate I get.

Only thing I would suggest.

CTRL-ALT-DELETE and end as may processes as you can before doing the update, there will be a program stopping the update

I manage to upgrade it fine yesterday, but im a bit disapointed as the main thing for me was directx12 improving my games performances, yet i didnt see any improvments in FIFA15 running in my machine, still get low FPS when playing night/rain games its unplayable :(

Well the games need to be built around Directx12 we're not going to see it magically improve older games unfortunately.

Uhm, i thought we would get some kind of improvment since a game such as FIFA15 for exemple runs 30-40% better on windows 7 compared to windows 8(so i heard)...

Just mind bogging that this laptop(ASUS G75VW) cant handle FIFA15 with ease...

Well the games need to be built around Directx12 we're not going to see it magically improve older games unfortunately.

From what I understood we should see a boost in performance. I think @bsmaff even mentioned it in this thread, maybe the first page.

Yeah, Bsmaff said he got a performance boost in FIFA 15 on his laptop...

I'm also hoping this is the case, because I have a laptop almost identical to his.

Anyone tried GameDVR yet?
It might be the key for me to update immediately (instead of waiting until I get a new rig).

Uhm, i thought we would get some kind of improvment since a game such as FIFA15 for exemple runs 30-40% better on windows 7 compared to windows 8(so i heard)...

Just mind bogging that this laptop(ASUS G75VW) cant handle FIFA15 with ease...

From what I understood we should see a boost in performance. I think @bsmaff even mentioned it in this thread, maybe the first page.

Right I'm with you, I just see those examples more as Windows 10 improvements rather than Directx12 improvements, maybe I just have a different way of thinking!

Reports are Witcher3 is improved in Windows 10 which is why I'm trying to installed Win10 right now, something sadly is still happening :(

Back
Top Bottom