Microsoft Windows 10

You can only stream Xbox One games to a PC.. So Desktop, Laptop, any tablet running Windows 10.
But unfortunetely you can't stream the other way.

You can test it now as the last few Windows 10 builds have had this facilty.

I don't mean streaming from the PC to the Xbox One. I mean insert a blu ray disc into the Xbox One in the lounge room and stream it to your PC in the bedroom.

What do you lot think of paragon backup and recovery for cloning the whole pc including partitions?
I've never used it to be honest.
All the data I need are usually on a non-system drive which gets backed up either on NAS or on BD so I can just unplug it when formatting/reinstalling. I'm not a fan of the upgrade either, as I said earlier (not that I don't trust Microsoft, but I'm a bit messy so starting from scratch is a good way to keep things neat).

About other software of that kind, I only used Acronis TrueImage a couple of times when I had to clone an entire disk.

You will be able to do a fresh install..
When you have a license key, just download an un-altered .iso file and burn that way, or hopefully Microsoft will allow you to download it to a bootable USB.

Do you have a URl offical link supporting this, I dont believe its the case and only a forced upgrade via windows update. I would accept and reserve but so far I cant see it as something I can choose outside of win update, main reason I will skip it even though its a good offer.

I need to look further but not much time and keep forgetting to search :)

i have seen that for preview builds you have 2 options to install Win10:
1. If you use Win7 without SP1 you need to download .iso file from Microsoft
2. If you use Win7 + SP1, Win8 or Win8.1 you can upgrade through windows update or download an .iso file from Microsoft

I hope that will be the case with release version, but we'll probably just have to wait and see

Do you have a URl offical link supporting this, I dont believe its the case and only a forced upgrade via windows update. I would accept and reserve but so far I cant see it as something I can choose outside of win update, main reason I will skip it even though its a good offer.

I need to look further but not much time and keep forgetting to search :)

I might be able to supply a download link when it becomes available, but personally I am a member of Microsoft Technet so I will have access to Windows 10 as soon as it goes RTM which is normally around 6 weeks before it goes live to the public.

Im wondering about this update, 2 questions i really need to know before pulling the trigger:

1- Has anyone tested FIFA and PES (thats basically what i play) does it run better?

2- Will i need to backup my files/games or with this update i wont need to resintall/format anything?

Thanks a lot

Im wondering about this update, 2 questions i really need to know before pulling the trigger:

1- Has anyone tested FIFA and PES (thats basically what i play) does it run better?

2- Will i need to backup my files/games or with this update i wont need to resintall/format anything?

Thanks a lot

1) Fifa has a massive performance increase on my laptop within Windows 10, can't tell the difference on my desktop..

2) You won't need to backup anything it will keep all your files and documents.

Although I highly recommend *DO NOT* upgrade your operating system.. If possible run a clean installation only.

I c, thanks for the tips man... i think ill give it a shot since im really dissapointed with the performance of FIFA on my laptop, specially considering i have a pretty high end laptop(2 years old though) (Asus g75)

Last edited:
Wow, in that case I would seriously consider installing Win 10! My laptop is almost exactly the same (graphics card is 640M) and FIFA isn't running at smooth 60 fps. It would be great if it does with Win 10 though! :)

Only issue will be drivers.. Software will not be an issue everything will be compatible.

So far on my machines I installed Windows 8 drivers and they all seem to be fine.
Software wise:
Adobe - Works
Microsoft Office - Works
DOSBox - Works
Steam - Works
Origin - Works
Uplay - Works
Plex - Works
PowerDVD - The agent keeps crashing but otherwise works fine.
These are pretty much the only software I install on Windows.
So far all games I have tested have worked perfectly, and have had an increase in FPS.

I've never used it to be honest.
All the data I need are usually on a non-system drive which gets backed up either on NAS or on BD so I can just unplug it when formatting/reinstalling. I'm not a fan of the upgrade either, as I said earlier (not that I don't trust Microsoft, but I'm a bit messy so starting from scratch is a good way to keep things neat).

About other software of that kind, I only used Acronis TrueImage a couple of times when I had to clone an entire disk.

Thanks guys.

I've got a HTPC on Windows 7 and a laptop on Windows 8.1, i cant put the same email in for both machines can i?

I've been running Windows 10 for a couple of months now and not come across any compatibility issues. Very fast OS and no complaints from me running as my main OS right now.

Did you do a upgrade or fresh install?

Has anyone who upgraded had any issues?

So what if I upgrade, am I able to format later and installing it again or do I need to install Win7 then and upgrade again (if it's still within the first year)?

Not needed for me but just want to know.

So what if I upgrade, am I able to format later and installing it again or do I need to install Win7 then and upgrade again (if it's still within the first year)?

Not needed for me but just want to know.

If you need to re-install you will need to install Windows 7/8 first activate it then you can *UPGRADE* to Windows 10.

After the year if you want to *UPGRADE* you won't be allowed too you would have to buy a license for Windows 10.

But this is similar policy to Windows 8, I have an *UPGRADE* license but the only problem for me is I always have to telephone activate as it won't activate online due it being an *UPGRADE* license.

Well that's a big con. Let's say I upgrade and use it for 2 years. Then my Windows dies and I can't get right back to Win10 as I need to buy it then.

So it's better to just buy Win10 anyway when buying a new PC later that year or next year.

Last edited:
Now just need to know if it's possible to transfer the license to a new PC. Would be great if it's connected to the Microsoft Account.

I don't know about Win10 (obviously) but I had problems when upgrading from Win8 to Win8.1 on my laptop.

I got Win8 license at my university and I installed it on my laptop. Later when 8.1 was released I upgraded through Windows Update and since then I have little problems, like when I completely turn off my laptop and then turn it on after a day or so Windows gets stuck at booting. Then I had to restart my laptop and on 2nd try it boots up correctly. Also, in browsers (tested in Firefox which I mostly use, Chrome and IE) text gets all blurry until I double click on the article, then it fixes itself.

Later I got myself 8.1 license and I have done clean install of 8.1 on my PC which still works correctly. I gave a try on my laptop with that same 8.1 and there aren't problems I have had after updating from 8 to 8.1. Still, as I can't use same license on two computers I reverted to 8 on laptop as my PC is used more often.

Thanks Cuky. As for myself though I've upgraded from 8 to 8.1 with no issues at all thankfully. So hope I won't face any issues going to W10.

My advice would be use a spare hdd to create a clone of your 7/8 install then if something goes pear shaped with the upgrade you can simply recover your original installation.

My advice would be use a spare hdd to create a clone of your 7/8 install then if something goes pear shaped with the upgrade you can simply recover your original installation.

That was my plan.

I asked about a cloning program before. I was using Paragon backup and recovery but didn't know if that was sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom