Microsoft Windows 10

That was my plan.

I asked about a cloning program before. I was using Paragon backup and recovery but didn't know if that was sufficient.

I use Paragon's "Migrate OS" which is part of "Paragon Hard Disk Manager™ 15 Suite" I think you can buy it on its own as "Migrate OS to SSD" but not sure as they increased the version number/features.

You can only stream Xbox One games to a PC.. So Desktop, Laptop, any tablet running Windows 10.
But unfortunetely you can't stream the other way.

You can test it now as the last few Windows 10 builds have had this facilty.

I just tried it but I don't see the streaming option anywhere.

I use Paragon's "Migrate OS" which is part of "Paragon Hard Disk Manager™ 15 Suite" I think you can buy it on its own as "Migrate OS to SSD" but not sure as they increased the version number/features.

You know what that's a great shout, i already bought that when I transferred my HTPC OS to a SSD a while ago and never though of using it as its on the other PC.

You've saved me some cash thanks :)

No problem! For some reason it's the only app that ever cloned my OS perfectly without any booting issues or need to rebuild the MBR or any of that other nonsense! :)

I was wary about an issue of cloning an OS to a smaller driver but it's very easy it just asks you which folders to exclude.

No problem! For some reason it's the only app that ever cloned my OS perfectly without any booting issues or need to rebuild the MBR or any of that other nonsense! :)

I was wary about an issue of cloning an OS to a smaller driver but it's very easy it just asks you which folders to exclude.

It worked perfectly when i transferred my HDD to a SSD and its still going with no issues so I'd highly recommend it.

How good is Windows 10 in backward compatible? I need to run my old games too. Does this games work on Windows 10 (These games work on Windows 7):

Fifa Rtwc 98
Fifa 99, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 11, 12, 13
Fifa World Cup 2002, 2006

PES 10, 13

And what about DirectDraw games? Do they work?
Does 640x480 resolution work for fullscreen mode of old games?

Which is the best version of Windows 10? Which one lets me disable auto updates and let me do it manually and run games properly? Can the professional version do that/ are there any other version superior feom the pro version?

How good is Windows 10 in backward compatible? I need to run my old games too. Does this games work on Windows 10 (These games work on Windows 7):

Fifa Rtwc 98
Fifa 99, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 11, 12, 13
Fifa World Cup 2002, 2006

PES 10, 13

And what about DirectDraw games? Do they work?
Does 640x480 resolution work for fullscreen mode of old games?

Which is the best version of Windows 10? Which one lets me disable auto updates and let me do it manually and run games properly? Can the professional version do that/ are there any other version superior feom the pro version?

Not 100& certain but if they work in Windows 7 or WIndows 8 I see no reason why they wouldn't work in 10.

Okay, thanks man. Which version will be good for games? [It should have the disable auto update option too]

I just tried it but I don't see the streaming option anywhere.

What about the cross device play(Fifa 15 pc x fifa 15 x1) is that avalible cause it was announced in that E3 video that u would be able to play from pc against xboxone users.. wonder if that will only be avalible to new games (fifa16, PES16) or will it work with current games since its kind of a integrated xbox live now with pc and xboxone users.

If this feature really works like they said it would ill be seling my xboxone for sure as i wont need it to play with my xbox live friends.

Only a few games will work initially to play between PC and Xbox One, Fable is one of the games.

I haven't seen anything to suggest third party developers will be using it, I'm sure the only titled I've seen are MS-developed.

Windows 10 has now downloaded for most people.

C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources

If you have the setup file and the directory is 3.4GB I believe you can run the setup file and install the OS.

- But why would you when there is ZERO drivers available - Personally I never trust Windows default drivers.

Last edited:
I won't update to Win10 either. As I will buy a new PC at the end of the year anyway, I see no point of upgrading and maybe damage anything that I will be unable to transfer files to the new PC later.

:BLINK:

Absolutely no driver issues here and I've been running it for months.

I had no issues when I done the upgrade either, but there is a difference between testing an OS with default drivers compared to running an OS 24/7 with default drivers.

How many of your drivers are from manufacturers?
The only ones I had was Nvidia and they were only BETA.

So far I have checked online and there is currently no drivers available for my computer.

Im worried that its all gonna go tits up and i will lose all my files on my pc, dont care about losing games as i can install them again with steam/uplay etc,

You won't lose your files if you do the update.
You only lose them if you decide to do a clean install and wipe the disk :)

You won't lose your files if you do the update.
You only lose them if you decide to do a clean install and wipe the disk :)

Thanks mate, I thought that was the case anyway, just with my luck something will arse up.

From what I remember, upgrades have become way smoother from Windows 8 onwards.
I still tend to do a clean install each time (I'm currently waiting for the final install media to be listed on DreamSpark indeed) because the f**kup fairy came visiting me a couple of times during the ME/XP era and those were enough. :LMAO:

nothing happens for me !! no notification. checking the update, but nothing !! :((
edit - that windows -BT folder is created though !!

I had no issues when I done the upgrade either, but there is a difference between testing an OS with default drivers compared to running an OS 24/7 with default drivers.

How many of your drivers are from manufacturers?
The only ones I had was Nvidia and they were only BETA.

So far I have checked online and there is currently no drivers available for my computer.

I've always used the latest beta Nvidia drivers anyway so wouldn't have noticed anything there.

I've installed a few things lately and the Windows 8 drivers have worked fine but to be honest, there's not much in the way of drivers that I need to use that isn't included in Windows 10 anyway.

Is there a specific driver you're having trouble with?

It is downloading now.

0nAWwt2.png

Back
Top Bottom