LOST (***SEASON 2 Spoilers Thread***)

Wow an amazing double episode.

Really happy i was right about the hatch having not went to any other sites etc, but just figured it out myself.

The very end also is the biggest WTF momment and might explain what ppl are saying about the flashbacks.

Enjoy the downloads when you get them amazing. :)

Amazing, crazy, unbelievable, I just looooooved the episodes.

Where is the show trying to go ??? Season 2 seemed boring sometimes but writters really know what they're doing and where they go. They just love playing with us. Brillant.

Cracking episodes! I'm really happy with it

My thoughts, spoilered for those who haven't watched yet...

The first of the two episodes was intriguing, finding Des on the boat was good and his flashbacks although not too spectacular went on to cover a few theories and his story back on the island with Locke progressed really well. His meeting with Libby in the shop seemed pretty weird, I mean that was quite a lot of time spent on simply exposing another link between people who are on the island, I don't think finding out where the boat came from adds too much to the whole story at this point.

What the fuck was with that statue of the foot? The rest's been broken off and.... well, ok :D

It was a bit of a shock to see the army leader geezer being revealed as Kelvin, but the whole story with that seemed feasible, although I don't quite remember hearing how he got to the island.

As we went onto the final episode, things with Eko and Charlie were interesting, it was funny to see Eko working like a trojan to get inside that control room, what a legend! I did think he was dead at the end after the blast - the blast by the way being a REALLY cool moment, I didn't know if it was going to end for a moment there, and was half expecting a plane to come down again! It was a very well done scene I thought and finding out exactly why the plane came down felt liberating. Whatever's happened to Locke & Eko I do not know but I'd guess at them crawling from the wreckage in Season 3 (which I can't wait for).

Did you see that fucking great pile of surveillance records?! Jesus, someone's got writer's cramp for the next lifetime.. I think this episode burst into life when Sawyer (and then the rest of the travelling camp) got seemingly tazered and captured, for a moment I was literally shaking on my seat watching it. One thing I noticed, was the whispering and one word being especially clear to hear.

"Elizabeth". And that's in the scene straight after we see Sayid leave the Elizabeth boat to come ashore and find an empty set of tents. Coincidence, hmm?

So Michael and Walt have seemingly escaped but should we assume they've really done the trick? I'd usually say there'll be another twist on this, but with LOST being LOST i'd expect them to shock us by showing them get back home.

Hurley's never gonna find his way back, he'd just stay and mourn Libby some more with some food he can find nearby, unless Sayid and the Tokyo Two find him, maybe use him as a boat anchor.

I haven't a clue what will happen to Jack, Sawyer & Kate - maybe they'll get the same treatment as Walt before getting set free in another trade-for-new-prisoners deal, Noel Edmonds is surely shouting that this is the most complex situation we've ever been in. If the captured 3 get injected / brainwashing / infected, things are going to be really interesting, however - was it just me or did anyone else think just for one moment that we might be seeing 3/4 lead characters get killed off? It could easily have happened, but I guess the Others have more missions to fulfill than murder.

There's so much more to say on this episode, for example the ending. But my thought on that is after those 2 guys found discovered the anomaly.. Locke said to Desmond earlier that "I've just saved us all". And then to Eko when the Hatch was going crazy - "I was wrong.". Well Johnboy, maybe you were actually right and you have saved them all?
4 months til Season 3 guys, i'm already looking forward to it.

Amazing.....loved every minute of it. First time in a long time my heart was going crazy in the final few minutes.

Bit of a wild one, but do you reckon that blast caused another plane to crash? - i.e. more characters in season 3 ;)

I bet season 3 will be about the others and Dharma.... Season 1 was the survivors, Season 2 was the hatch, now 3 has to be the others and Dharma.

embraceuk1 said:
The very end also is the biggest WTF momment and might explain what ppl are saying about the flashbacks.

What do you mean by that? what are people saying about the flashbacks?

Last edited:
Just watched it, excellent last 2 episodes

What do you lot reckon is going off with the 2 russian? guys at the end, seems as though Pen has hired them to find Desmond but how I dont have a clue!!!!!!

Cant wait for season 3!!

Metallica said:
Just watched it, excellent last 2 episodes

What do you lot reckon is going off with the 2 russian? guys at the end, seems as though Pen has hired them to find Desmond but how I dont have a clue!!!!!!

Cant wait for season 3!!
Regarding your spoilered part...
I'd guess that she knows of the island or electromagnetic experiments, maybe through her father who seems to be the founder of Widmore Construction, which has played a role in a few things from what we've seen - the pregnancy kit on the island for example.

She could have sent out a search team for her beloved Des aka Scotland's answer to Romeo, but then out the window of the Russian's craft, it seemed like they were in the Arctic!! The electromagnetic force from the hatch blast must have quite some power, haha

The statue and Walt saying they are not who they say they are means they could be human guinea pigs/Experiments the statue might explain the Dharmas life extension project. The security guard monster still needs explained and is totally alien to anything set in the present time flashbacks.

The woman isn't looking for Desmond she is clearly looking for it (it being the island) she doesnt say him. unless they are in the future somehow and Desmond sent a letter in a bottle or something and she has been looking for a while but she hadn't aged.
So therefore i wouldn't be surprised if these dumb flashbacks mean they were all setup to be on the island by others on the outside e.g. Libbi, Desmond's GF or father.
And last we haven't yet seen the leaders of the others if you remember Claire's episode in the hatch there was clearly a man wearing a suit and there is definitely neat ppl in suits yet to be seen running things on the island.

If the six seasons are true we arent even half way yet plenty to be found out about.

On jimmy kimmel last night on ABC
Hugh McIntyre was interviewed
Live from Copenhagen

Communications Director of the Hanso foundation.

He denied all rumors that they are linked with the fictitious show Lost
He said Lost was very confusing
Non government organization been around for 30 years
6 major projects around the world
Dharma intuitive canceled in 1987 :).

I have to say also about this spoiler shit this thread has a clear warning on it.
It is a spoiler thread so when did we start worrying about things being said on here and using the stupid spoiler tags.

LOST (***SEASON 2 Spoilers Thread***)
So we can never discuss things is that what this thread is about.

I understand if you read something on a lost site that is yet to happen and true use a spoiler tag if you need too.

But Theorys, Thoughts, explanations of old issues do not need spoiler tags that just makes this thread so pointless and boring.

For example:
If i have to quote someones SPOILER tag to replay to a SPOILER tag i have to create a Qoute SPOILER tag then another reply SPOILER tag and then if someone wants to reply to both our SPOILER tags he has to. Oh wait forget it lol :)
This thread soon to appear on an episode of Lost named the Spoiler tag

Last edited:
Very True Embrace. I thought the purpose of this thread was to discuss the 2nd season for those who have seen it ahead of Channel 4. Spolier tags sorta defeats the purpose of the thread. We're only discussing what we've all just watched.

As for the bit at the end, the guys are speaking portugese, not russian. The one thing that the end bit confirms for us, is that we can now dispel any theories of Lost being set in someones mind, purgatory or whatever other disconnected world theory.
Also, Ive tried but cant find any screencaps from work of the guy at the end wearing the wooly hat and glasses. if you look again take away the glasses, hat and the fact that he speaks portugese, he is an absolute spit of Jack. If anyone can get a screencap from www.4815162342.com then I think you would most likely agree. Maybe its not him, but with the way the show is, it wouldnt surprise me if it was. Theres just too much of a likeness there.

Managed to get it.

lost.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

0.jpg

Is that not Jack?

Last edited:
tuta77 said:
Season 2 seemed boring sometimes but writters really know what they're doing and where they go. They just love playing with us. Brillant.
The thing for me is, I don't know how much longer I can watch it. 24 keeps you on the edge of your seat but then you find out how things happen, and the ending of course, all in 24 episodes. I find the flashbacks completely and utterly boring - in that sense, Lost is Coronation Street on acid. When I watch the episodes alone I fast-forward through them completely, I'm not bothered if so-and-so had fell in love with someone and then she died and now this new woman reminds him of her.

All I want to know is how they can explain the security-guard-monster, the electromagnetism pulling the plane straight down (rather than it landing on-top of the hatch which is clearly miles away), the voices (which whisper and yet are heard by everyone), John being in two places at once... And I don't think they can any more, which is why I don't think that the writers "really know what they're doing and where they go".

From what I've read, they write a new episode each week rather than writing one whole season in one go, is that right? Which I think is why 90% of it is pap and 10% is actually anything to do with this electromagnetism, the Hanso foundation - the bit that actually interests people.

I'll watch one more season and if it doesn't explain, significantly, everything above (or at least a massive percentage of it), I won't be able to watch it any more. I'll just ask someone to tell me the ending; incidentally, I read the spoilers in here before I actually watched the last episode. It just doesn't "grab" me any more. The manner in which fantastic US shows are being bought for millions of dollars and stretched out over such a period of time that it completely and utterly destroys such innovative ideas, is sickening.

Last edited:
The point is embrace, your spoiling things for people BEFORE THEY'VE SEEN IT. So yes, you DO need to use the spoiler tags

EDIT:

Jack Bauer said:
From what I've read, they write a new episode each week rather than writing one whole season in one go, is that right? Which I think is why 90% of it is pap and 10% is actually anything to do with this electromagnetism, the Hanso foundation - the bit that actually interests people.

I'm pretty sure they only film a new episode each week. The story must already be fully written

Last edited:
Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
The point is embrace, your spoiling things for people BEFORE THEY'VE SEEN IT. So yes, you DO need to use the spoiler tags
Agreed, there's a line between talking about the episodes we've seen, and talking about the revelations shown in promos, I've tried in the past to keep all that in spoiler tags, and then a while back I stopped watching them, I think the majority of downloaders of Lost don't actually get the promo with their download, and certainly with the finale looming I didn't want to have anything spoilt. But, it's nothing to have a full-on bitch about with each other, we're not gonna do that surely.

If for Season 3 we can just put in the first post that promos should or should not be spoiler tagged, those who don't want to see them know whether to read that topic / start a different one.

It's not a big problem, cheers man :)

Been doing some research (not about Lost, the episodes or anything, so it's not a spoiler!) - I want to know what this is all about, so...

This is all legitimate research, nothing to do with the Hanso foundation (fictional or otherwise), or anything like that. I had a look on Wikipedia, and then it led me to a few websites, and it's really interesting (even though I only understand 10% of it).

If you click here, you get information about electromagnetism and it's scalar waves (which is what I'm guessing the generator in the hatch is, an electromagnetic generator, which you can tell from the noise and the magnetic fields generated by it). The last bit in particular is really interesting:

"Some people have suggested that organic life may make use of scalar energies in ways that we do not yet understand. Therefore caution is recommended when experimenting with this fringe technology. However, keep in mind that if scalar fields do exist, we are likely already deeply immersed in an unseen field of scalar noise all the time, generated anywhere two magnetic fields oppose or attract. Common scalar field noise sources include AC electric cords and powerlines carrying high current, and electric motors which operate on the principle of powerful spinning regions of repulsion and attraction."

"Some people" especially refers to Tom Bearden, who is mentioned in the link above. If you do a Google search on him and find his website (click here), then there's a hell of a lot on there. Statements such as "conventional academic theory implicitly just assumes that the source charges freely create, from nothing at all, all the flowing EM real energy in the Universe."

Tom Bearden has, apparently, made a device that extracts one hundred times (!) the amount of energy inputted into it, purely from free energy in the vacuum. Plus, there's a link on his site that leads to a site about a book, "The Secret World Of Magnets". If you click on it (click here), you see pictures from the insides of it. Some of what's there looks Lost-related, does it not?

Edit: Now this is getting interesting... Planes falling out of the sky - sound familiar?

Last edited:
Thats what an EMP strike does it kills anything electrical.
Thats why i said when the supply drop happened there was a lock down to protect the aircraft.

I still think the others are super advanced humans with telepathic thought control.
But the security device still puzzles me.
I wont go as far as to say there aliens YET.

I just assumed everyone watches the promos they are free on the official site to watch at anytime and i know most Pol go to several sites about lost.
So no more discussions about promos i will just say if they looked cool or not.

I would change the title of the season 3 thread to a discussion thread as i don't think you understand what a spoiler thread is about.
Spoiler threads are for ppl who want to be spoilt and nothing should have to be hidden thats the whole point.

For example a movie spoiler thread will contain: Full scripts, pictures and maybe even sneaked footage before a film is released.

So the season 3 thread should be only about thoughts and theorys and after show discussions that will work obviously i will wait a day until you guys catch up.

But please just openly discuss the episodes you guys are using spoiler tags to discuss the Russians/Portuguese part etc?.

Last edited:
When Walt says "Theyre not what they seem", I think hes referring to the location being false, since Sayid finds the place empty. It was probably a decoy cos they probably thought Mike wasnt up to it to keep his mouth shut.

embraceuk1 said:
I don't think you understand what a spoiler thread is about.
Spoiler threads are for ppl who want to be spoilt and nothing should have to be hidden thats the whole point.

What are you on about? Do you actually know anyone thats want to know everything that happens in a series before they actually watch it? i.e. be 'spoiled'?

The reason this thread is called a 'Spoiler thread' is because its a warning to unknowing people that we will be discussing what we have seen in the series thus far. Yes, these sorts of threads will contain the sorts of things you mentioned, but only for episodes we've seen up too.

The point is, as I've stated many times, you have spoiled things for a few people including me before we've seen the episode. Don't just assume we've watched the preview.

Anyway, I'm done now. You moan all you want but at the end of the day your walking a very thin line so watch what you post in this thread from now on.

OK I get the point about previews but I am not the only one and we have had discussions about them on here in the past Sorry :).
But i am not going to discuss previous episodes or my Lost theories which are made up, using spoiler tags.
And I can assure you I don't read anything elsewhere and pretend I worked something out.

Last edited:
I think that is jack in those pictures but your meant to think its at the same time as the EMP pulse but its not meaning they could have traveled forward in time.

You never know season 3 might have Michael and Walt traveling to find everything had changed outside of the island meaning they wont want anyone to know about it. Thats why they are told they probably wont talk about it when they escape.

The life extension is probably a major factor it could get end up being a similar story to the movie Vanilla Sky Compare the Gorilla to Benny the dog.
The ice caps may have melted meaning theres less land to find

I remember when Sayid and Hurley listened to the shortwave radio and Hurley said "or when" i think that might have been a hint.

i never watch the promo's and prefer not to know anything before i watch a new episode, hopefully i'll avoid any sites that discuss lost between now and october.

Back
Top Bottom