LOST (***SEASON 2 Spoilers Thread***)

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Haha funnily enough my mum mentioned that to me. I didn't think it had any relevance. I mean, what could it be for?

Maybe it was meant to be like Jack looks at Kate and Kate looks at Jack proving they're meant to be together....after a season of Kate and Sawyer getting closer and (at least at some stage), Jack and Anna Lucia.

Or...maybe it's like, "I've still got the weapon down my pants and I'll use it when I'm ready".

Or..."this is exactly what we wanted, the plan it working" kind of thing.

Or...who knows.

Also, the others seemed less than shocked when the hatch 'exploded'...and what's with the comment "we're the good guys". Are they against Dharma...hence why they're called "hostiles"?

What would explain why the only way 'out' of the island is on a particular heading?

What was with Charlie's behavious after the hatch exlosion?

Is Desmond right that the observation station was in fact the experiment (it would seem so), since the tube thing goes to nowhere?

Lost is boss.

embraceuk1 said:
And I can assure you I don't read anything elsewhere and pretend I worked something out.
When were you accused of that?

KOP_007 said:
Also, the others seemed less than shocked when the hatch 'exploded'...and what's with the comment "we're the good guys". Are they against Dharma...hence why they're called "hostiles"?
I've been thinking that, regarding the Others possibly being a group rebelling against the Dharma regime. Maybe a long time ago the Others were all brought to the island in mysterious ways aswell, and they've gone through all the testing, found out all the secrets of Dharma and they could be trying to trick Dharma and / or possibly create their own controlling corporation, exploiting methods preached about by Dharma, the Hanso foundation etc etc.. Just a thought.

I wrote this in another forum:

On the black smoke - we dont see it anymore because imo the Dharma scientists ran off so no one is there to control it. For example, the infirmary is now empty and deserted, so is the Pearl, so I assume Dharma fled or something similar.... leaving the smoke alone. If you remember the blue map, there was a room for the smoke and for the polar bears, meaning the polar bears must have escaped or something from their room. We also now know that the others are 'hostiles' from Dharma... meaning there are 2 groups of people on this island. Both Kelvin and Desmond say 'Hostiles' when they refer to the others.

Milanista said:
I wrote this in another forum:

On the black smoke - we dont see it anymore because imo the Dharma scientists ran off so no one is there to control it. For example, the infirmary is now empty and deserted, so is the Pearl, so I assume Dharma fled or something similar.... leaving the smoke alone. If you remember the blue map, there was a room for the smoke and for the polar bears, meaning the polar bears must have escaped or something from their room. We also now know that the others are 'hostiles' from Dharma... meaning there are 2 groups of people on this island. Both Kelvin and Desmond say 'Hostiles' when they refer to the others.

My personal theory on it is that Dharma was doing some kind of experiments on 'the others'. Whether these be people brought against their will, volunteers or Dharma employees, I don't know. I think that the experiments got to much and a few of the scientests rebelled and freed the subjects (Henry Gale, the black woman and the fake beared man beong the leaders). Especially 'Henry Gale' though - he almost expected the flash from the hatch, whilst the rest of 'the others' seemed at least a little bit shocked by it. 'The Others' as they are now known became known as 'hostiles' and lead some kind of guerilla war against Dharma on the island - which lead to eventual withdrawal of Dharma (apart from what they couldn't leave - i.e the button).

This might fit in with the island being an area of 'geological significance' which can improve human kind....but it didn't wuite work out that way.

It's all poppycock though, who knows.

Someone said before that the two guys from the end of the episode were speaking Russian. I can say with 100% certainty that they were speaking Portuguese. Albeit horribly, cause they were obviously english speaking actors (native language English) I had a difficult time understanding them. Another thing, THE GUY ON THE PHONE IS NOT JACK.
Now what I wonder is what is JJ trying to say here? From which country are they from? Brazil? Portugal? Angola? Moçambique? (can't be arsed to remeber the spellingn english), East-Timor?
From Brazil is a logical choice since everyone knows Brazil. If it was from Portugal it would have no sense since there was no connection to that country in any part of the show so far. East-Timor, maybe since East-Timor is near Australia and the were crossing the Pacific. But then Moçambique, remember "The Black Rock"? Locke said something about slave ships from Moçambique. (I know it's a longshot) My bet is Brazil, the way they used the accent looked like Brazilian, and they are not ery far away from the antartic.

Well about Charlie, that bastard knows clearly what happened to Ecko and Locke, but when Claire asks him what happened, he changes the issue.
Well not it the mood to write more, but i'm surprised this thread isn't more active with so much to talk about

WARNING: SEASON 3 SPOILERS. some may be truth others may not. But you have been warned.
You wished, will you resist clicking?
General Season 3 spoilers:

05/29 - Summary of spoilers given by Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse: Next season, we will understand the real ramifications of Desmond activating the failsafe and what that did. The central issue of season three will be what did happen. It sounds like Desmond's coming back. They said they want him back, we want to know why he was in prison, we want to know what happened when he turned that key that affected the entire island. That will become very important. The island was visible but only for an instant. It was also visible for an instant on 9/22/04 when the plane crashed. The foot statue represents the history and archeology of the island. Season three will explore what happened on the island before Dharma arrived in the late 70's and who was there. The smoke monster will definitely be back in Season three. There is a good chance we saw the monster this year and didn't realize we were looking at it. By the end of next year we will realize what it was and when we saw it. Why did the Others take Jack, Kate and Sawyer? Where is their home? That will be the story told over the first six episodes. Season 3 will also be about the main characters and their relationships. They want to service the relationships next year more than the mythology. How Locke got in the wheelchair, how Jack got his tattoos will be revealed in Season three. Source: Lost Podcast
05/26 - I just received some exclusive intel on the new characters joining Lost. In addition to the two female roles, the show is also adding a new hunk. Descriptions are: Female, 30s, with leadership qualities. Female, early 20s, very attractive. Male, Latino, early 20s, handsome, mysterious quality. My guess? These are some of the "background" survivors that Carlton Cuse told me would emerge next season. Source: The Ausiello Report
05/26 - Next season will be about the Others, as led by the oblique Henry Gale (played by Michael Emerson, who will join the regular cast). Mr. Cuse listed what viewers will learn about the Others by this time next year: "Who are these people? How many of them are there? What is their history? What are they trying to accomplish?" Source: New York Times
05/25 - Producers of ABC's hit series Lost [...] told SCI FI Wire that it sets up the upcoming third season, which will focus more on romance—and on the mysterious Others. "The Others are an important part of season three, and there's a lot of mysteries and a lot of questions about the Others that the audience is going to be curious about going into season three," said executive producer Carlton Cuse in an interview. "And those are the things we're going to explore." Cuse added: "There will definitely be some new characters on the show next year... Obviously, Michael Emerson, who plays Henry Gale, he's someone who's going to be very prominent in the show next year." Fans were also introduced to a new character who promises to figure in next season's storylines: Penelope Widmore, played by Sonya Walger. [...] "I'm excited about love in season three," said executive producer Bryan Burk, adding: "Don't forget now the people have been on the island for 60-plus days. They're now obviously more familiar with each other. ... The concept of love is there, and... it weaves its way through all of our characters. It's going to be much more prevalent in season three." Source: Sci Fi Wire
05/24 - Carlton Cuse reveals: I will say that the next season is a lot about the Others. There's a lot of mysteries about the Others that we'll be getting into next year. [We will see more of Alex next season.] Source: E! Online
05/24 - According to the Hollywood Reporter, ABC's Lost is on the hunt for two new actresses to join the cast for Season 3, now that the show's distaff ranks have been quickly depleted by the twin killings of Michelle Rodriguez's Ana Lucia and Cynthia Watros' Libby. Source: TV Guide Online
05/24 - [Chances to see Ana-Lucia in flashbacks are] slim to none, according to Carlton [Cuse]. "Never say never, but we feel like we told her story," he reveals. "Her arc had a beginning, middle and an end." "You will [eventually] find out what happened to Cindy," [says Cuse.] Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
05/22 - Harold Perrineau is not a regular for next season. He could be back as a guest star (à la Walt this season) but not as a regular cast member. Source: Kristin on E!Online
05/17 - Michael Emerson (Henry Gale) [...] is returning next season as a series regular. Source: The Ausiello Report
05/16 - [In Season 3,] there will be new locations and new characters (one rumor has Desmond joining the cast full-time, but producers won't comment). The season's big theme sounds timely, twisty, and terrifying. Hints Lindelof: "'Us versus Them.' But who's the 'us,' and who's the 'them'?" Source: Entertainment Weekly
05/14 - Damon Lindelof [reveals]: Libby's got this mysterious backstory, of which we've only given you the tip of the iceberg. We know she's spent some time in the mental institution with Hurley, and the idea of killing her before she had an opportunity to explain how she got there... we have a master plan for how we're going to tell that story, but it's all posthumous. You'll start to learn Libby's moves through flashbacks over the course of the next season. So we're not done with Cynthia, but Libby is dead. Source: The Ausiello Report
05/03 - Lindelof & Cuse: The growth of Malcolm David Kelly (Walt) will be addressed in the 3rd season. You can expect to see more of Rousseau next year, but the story of the wrecked research vessel, it will be coming at some point but we can't guarantee it'll be in Season 3. We'll be introducing new characters in Season 3, so you'll be getting fresh flashbacks. You'll probably see fewer flashbacks of our original characters as we begin to move toward certain inevitabilities. You will learn more about some of the other survivors next year. Also, where the new characters come from in Season 3 is going be part of the fun and anticipation over the summer, and hopefully by the end of the finale you'll be getting some sense of who those characters might be. We are going to produce the next 22 hours of Lost in Season 3. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
04/25 - I've heard that a few actors will no longer be contracted as series regulars [next season] -- but that doesn't mean we won't see them again. Source: Kristin on E!Online
11/28 - Writer/Supervising producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach reveals (note that this is a summary of the spoilerish things he revealed): You have not seen the last of Dharma, but it's going to be a little while before you find out a little bit more. The Dharma Initiative was a communal research facility on the island. A lot of scientists and free-thinkers got together to do a lot of different kinds of research: psychiatry, zoology - and remember that with the zoology of the film you saw some polar bears. It's possible there were some animal aggression studies going on there, as well as human psychology experiments and a whole variety of other things. The Dharma Initiative was founded by two peacenik Grad students who were trying to get to the bottom of a lot of mysteries about human behavior. There are six bunkers on the island, and they were devoted to a lot of different kinds of research. That's going to open up a lot of different avenues for us to tease you with what the kind of research was, and how it's evolved now that the Dharma Initiative seems to have fallen into disrepair. A lot has happened on the island and the Dharma Initiative is just the tip of the iceberg... Source: The Official Lost Magazine, Issue 2, Jan/Feb 2006
09/19/2005 - From Damon Lindelof: There is going to be a flashback story that fully explains the significance of all [Jack's] tattoos and puts it into the framework of what was happening in his life when he got them. Source: Kristin on E!Online

Last edited:
I was simply astonished with this last episode.

And man, I really hope the next and FINAL episodes of this don't disapoint at all cause I just can't imagine what this is leading to...a brilliant finale or just an absurd and stupid theory to explain all this.

When does the 3rd season start? not before september really???

Last edited by a moderator:
Revan,

i'm brazilian and my first thougt was that they are portuguese lol. It's definitly not brazilian accent. the guy with glasses is kinda italian, mainly when he says "fala de novo que é um alarme falso" :lmao:

btw it's interesting some portuguese on the serie

Last edited:
maybe BS but i read on another forum that in october they will show like 6 episodes or something which will have a cliff hanger. they will then have a 12 week break and then let it run fully without breaks for the remainder of the season.

It ain't bullshit, it's true :) Seen it a few articles on legit sites now. 6/7 episodes first then 17/18 in a row after a 12 week break.

i was wondering when henry i think thats his name he said to micheal "when you leave here you can't come back" and the berring he gave to micheal could be another thing with the island

sattan_hussein said:
Revan,

i'm brazilian and my first thougt was that they are portuguese lol. It's definitly not brazilian accent. the guy with glasses is kinda italian, mainly when he says "fala de novo que é um alarme falso" :lmao:

btw it's interesting some portuguese on the serie
sattan_hussein
Of course they really don't have brazilian accent since they are played by actors whose native language is english. But the way the sentences are constructed are cleary more Portuguses Brazilian than Portuguese Portugal, altough with alot of mistakes.
Example (Examples taken from another forum):

- Quem quebrou isso ? (Who broke this?) (LOST)
- Quem quebrou isso AQUI ? --> Brazilian would add that last word
- Quem partiu isso? or Quem é que partiu isso? --> Portugal
Portuguese would rarely say that first sentence. Altough it's not completely wrong but Portuguse will most likely use "partiu" (broke) than "quebrou" which is more likely to be used by a Brazilian.

- Cala a boca e chama ajuda ! (Shut up and call for help !)
I don't know why the subtitle in English left the "call for help" part out.

In Brazil it's more likely to say "liga" than "chama" which is more from Protugal. But in Portugal wouldn't say "Cala a boca" which is more likely used by a brazilian. We would say "Cala-te" we would leave "boca" (mouth) out.

So i'm pretty sure they are Brazilian and there are a few more examples but the way the actors talk it's clear IMO that they are trying to look like Brazilians.

Also where are they? Antartica?

Last edited:
Walcott23 said:
i was wondering when henry i think thats his name he said to micheal "when you leave here you can't come back" and the berring he gave to micheal could be another thing with the island
My bet is that Michael(can't remember the name of the actor) will be guest starring in season 3, kinda like Walt in Season 2, with appearances in allucinations and/or dreams. And maybe he'll be back sometime near the end of season 3, because he might fell guilty to what happened to Jack, Kate, Hurly and Sawyer.

Those guys are definately NOT Italian.

Revan.
They're probably in Antarctica because its one of the poles, and closer to Australia than North Pole, so they'd feel magenetic waves better.

Milanista said:
Those guys are definately NOT Italian.

Revan.
They're probably in Antarctica because its one of the poles, and closer to Australia than North Pole, so they'd feel magenetic waves better.

Well I never said that they were (Dunno if that was for me :)). Some people when they hear a language they don't know they immediatly assume they are Russians.
Anyways that is the most logical explanation to where they are.
Oh yeah I never expected to Henry to be the "Others" leader! I mean by the way he started giving orders I suppose he is the leader.
I can't wait for Season 3 :cry:

Last edited:
fedagent said:
maybe BS but i read on another forum that in october they will show like 6 episodes or something which will have a cliff hanger. they will then have a 12 week break and then let it run fully without breaks for the remainder of the season.

that's what happened with season 2 so no reason why it wouldn't be the same again

Well, in all honesty mate Season 2 had I think 6 or 7 breaks, ranging from 2 weeks to 6 weeks and the flow was constantly interrupted - people often asking "is it back on this week" every week from episode 6 onwards. I find the schedule for S3 much better.

Do you reckon there will be a new style of avatar to have for series 3 proxi ?

That avatar you have at the moment is classical for lost, its one of the first things you see for series 2. Beep.......beep...

Aye, it will be changed, maybe even before the third season starts.. who knows :) Maybe some kind of Widmore logo

Nice avatar ProEvo ;) I'm really impatient now regarding LOST, I want to see Season 3 NOW!

proxi said:
Well, in all honesty mate Season 2 had I think 6 or 7 breaks, ranging from 2 weeks to 6 weeks and the flow was constantly interrupted - people often asking "is it back on this week" every week from episode 6 onwards. I find the schedule for S3 much better.

Great point most ppl don't have the Patience to schedule themselves around a TV show and especially when its as random as Lost.
The new schedule makes sense it will run until late Nov then have a break over the Xmas period and resume Feb 2007.

They should have an Xmas special where the survivors and the Others get together on Xmas day and play a game of football. :)

Back
Top Bottom