Home Gaming Setup

Re: homemade gaming setup

Thanks, I'll look for some now.

I got lucky mate...Bought mine of ikea for 70 euros!!! Sweet deal if you ask me

I've seen some and there more expensive than the 5.1 system I'm getting...I think I'll have to settle for a wood stand for the meantime.

I'll like this one from Argos (£50)

Find a cheap glass stand.

Last edited:

I'd buy a glass one mate...They're more expensive, but wood tends do "work" if you now what I mean. It loses color, stains will be visible etc.. I usually take my glass stand out and just wash it with some liquid soap and dry it with newspaper; shiny shiny bling bling....Looks class too

not if its good wood mate... and a good stain, now cheap or fake wood yeah your right

front room, and yea it is straight just my camera skills arn't plus its off a crappy camera phone :SS

photo0009bl8.jpg

Panasonic 42THPZ70 1080p (tv)
Sony DG910 (amp)
Speakers + sub - Tannoy 5.1 , front speakers on stands
SKY HD
Dreambox dm500 (satellite box)
Xbox 360 Elite

pc room, my pc left, mrs and kids on the right and yea i need to decorate which will be done soon and yep it is always this messy - thanks to me

backsz9.jpg

Last edited:

yes mate...

use it to watch all my footy ;))

amongst other naughty things :SMOKIN:

Hahaha, me too mate. Got an HD receiver aswell?? It's the dogs bollucks! I also use NGrab to record stuff on my PS3 hardrive:SMOKIN:

Private Spice FTW!!:LOL::LOL:

Hahaha, me too mate. Got an HD receiver aswell?? It's the dogs bollucks! I also use NGrab to record stuff on my PS3 hardrive:SMOKIN:

Private Spice FTW!!:LOL::LOL:

:w00t:

i am waiting for the all singing and dancing hd box to hit the market, the dm8000 has been in the wings for years now, delay after delay but finally could be hitting us soon, but with no hdmi only dvi :((

the ipbox9000 looks promising, but will wait to see how that unfolds with the image makers before i dive in

the KATHREIN UFS910 looks a decent box and good value, but has no card reader which i need ;))

which hd box are you using

I'm using the COOLSAT 8000HD FTA Receiver, it's not excellent but reasonably good... Why you need a card reader...

I really have to sort this Dreambox thing out, I've seen a few people talking about it but I have no idea how you do it...

I don't have to put cards in mine:ROLL::ROLL:

i can't go into to much details (not here anyway), but dreambox and other nice recievers have many ways to decode content (encrypted packages) thats available in europe

I really have to sort this Dreambox thing out, I've seen a few people talking about it but I have no idea how you do it...

for starters, you need atleast an 80cm dish, preferably a motor (can use a fixed dish, but get a motor while your at it)

DIY or pay an installer

then you will need a receiver, depening on what you want from it, there are many to choose from which do a suitable job, but dreambox can pretty much do everything thats available..

www.satpimps.com might be a good place for you to start reading if you wanna get into the sat scene

@JAck: PM:coolpink:

I know Bitter, but mine doesn't work through cards but over the internet as in a sharing method...easier, cheaper and more user friendly

@JAck: PM:coolpink:

I know Bitter, but mine doesn't work through cards but over the internet as in a sharing method...easier, cheaper and more user friendly

cards can be used with the same method ;)) but with greater rewards ;))

The picture quality is fucking SHARP. I was worried after reading what Fre said in the off-topic thread but I am NOT dissapointed. It seems fucking HUGE after having my ickle 26" Samsung there!

The menus are AWESOME too! Very nice & simple user interface. I am chuffed to bits, well worth the sale price I paid! :)

yep bigger version of mine

and where did the wooden bird thing go :((

Re: Homemade Gaming Setup

I love the little one on top of the Xbox 360 :D

Where can I get one Mike?!

Back
Top Bottom