Home Gaming Setup

7 August 2004
Liverpool
Was just reading the people in the 360 thread talking about their speaker setups and it reminded me of a "setup" I made for the ps1 for that helicopter/scifi game. G-Police, quite a game in its day with "large" cities in domes on space planets.

Anyway, I had an old amplifyier and two 100watt speakers and an old foam chair/singlebed foldup thing. So to increase the gaming immersion I placed the two speakers next to the seat, set the bass really high and everytime I used the gun/rocket the speakers would "shake" me. Felt like I was in it.

Also setup a f1 car for f1 95 on the ps1. At a mate of mine they had recently bought a new widescreen 82cm tv (very impressive at that time) so we set up the couch with all the cushions to the shape of an f1 car cockpit right infront of the tele and then did full races for about 1,5 hours. I also used my speakersetup at home to feel the engine, might have even put on a crashhelmet from time to time. :D

So what was your best homemade gaming setup?

Re: homemade gaming setup

My set-up is very nice and simple:

26" Samsung HDTV -- Xbox 360 -- Amplifier -- 2 x Sony Speakers

I have a wireless router which the Xbox is plugged into so I can stream anything from my laptop. The Sony speakers are gorgeous (made of wood with a silver finish) and they have stunning sound quality.

The amp only cost £60 at Argos and it's brilliant!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5129199/Trail/searchtext>AMPLIFIER.htm

That sounds absolutely class tiktik :)

Here is my home setup, the black squares are speakers, and there is a subwoofer under the desk :):

setup.jpg

I used to have an amazing setup at the old house. Surround sound, a big leather "gaming" chair with the subwoofer in the base, speakers behind the headrest, and an authentic F1 steering wheel made of steel, custom-built by a manufacturer somewhere up north. In those days you could get fantastic equipment for your games, you didn't just have the generic tat that the companies bundled with everything, or the plastic rubbish that they say is for "EXTREME GAMING".

It was fantastic, it even had LED lights on the wheel to show the speed you were doing and indicators when you changed gear up or down. It was attached to a big long piece of wood that was stuck under a big, fat, heavy 26" monitor (not widescreen - you didn't have widescreen in those days, everyone laughed at the idea and said it was only for cinemas).

It was the most fantastic setup of anyone I knew, and I was incredibly proud of it.

Until my 60-year-old uncle came round to play Carmageddon and pulled so hard on the wheel that it snapped off and the wooden base flew out, along with the monitor, that smashed to the ground in a million pieces. A grand's worth of equipment knackered in the space of a second.

I don't even know how he did it, I was pretty heavy-handed with the wheel myself and it never even flinched. The monitor was incredibly heavy (it took three people to get it up the stairs).

But needless to say, I've spent a lot less money on my gaming setups since. I've got a 32" telly and a Logitech surround sound system now. That'll do me.

Last edited:

You need a bigger TV, it looks too small for your room ;)

Your lamp is wonky.

That stork things looks a bit random.

Nice plant.

:D

More photos from everyone please, I will take a photo tonight :)

Macbook Pro :drools: They are so much better than PCs.

Dags - My missus put the random stork wonky - it used to be by the front door but the cats kept knocking it over! :)

Dags how big is your tv? I wouldn't mind upgrading (just sold my SD Sony 32" because I didn't like how it warped the graphics in games.)

Does the picture get better or worse the bigger it is?

Here's the pic from my current setup. Pc is also connected to the home theatre set and the tv so I also watch all the us series on the 37inch tv :D. Desk area is still a bit messy, just finished my degree (graduated last friday) so I still need to clear it up. Oh and its Tiktiktiktik Msc now :D

Mine's only a 26", I'd like bigger but just haven't got the money to upgrade it :(

I got given an option of having a 26" LCD or a 50" plasma which didn't have HDMI and the picture looked slightly blurry. I opted for the 26" and I'm regretting it now :(

Purple room?

Why does the poster with a woman on have her face covered?

Of all of the photos, I'm voting for Tik's room as my favourite (I'd just change the colour scheme :lol:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Covered the photo as I didnt ask for my GF's permision to "rule 1" her :lol:

The colour is nice! Although it does get a bit dark in the winter months.

Heres mine all the rest is on the opposite side of the room

I aint decorated or moved it around for god knows how long :)

Attachments

• DSC00070.JPG
    DSC00070.JPG
    408.5 KB · Views: 50

Just had to rub it in with the rock band

tosser

ps. they need to make a 360 with the piano black finish like the ps3, will go well with so many samsung tvs (which everybody but me seems to have)

My room. EXTREMELY messy (why is it rooms don't look messy to your eyes but when you see them on photos they always look worse?)

room.jpg

Back
Top Bottom