Heavy Rain - PS3

No Rad.

I think Lauren is the fourth character, not Shelby. Did you rescue Lauren from the car in the lake before swimming out with Shelby?

RE

Yeah I saved her and then it showed Shelby and her at the train station. He basically sends her away somewhere to be safe then kisses her.

Where I think I went wrong was I failed to guess the password in Shelby's office with Madison - so she never found the location of the final scene.

Ethan got it from his phone from doing all the trials - Shelby knew it for other reasons.

I can't remember why Jaydon knew the location though but he showed up to fight with Shelby.

=======

Last edited:
Re:

So Madison wasn't in your final scene because she didn't get the password?

I got the password with Madison and called Ethan to give him the address but he knew it anyway from doing the trials. Oddly, when Madison called him to tell him, it played Ethan's voice as if he was hearing the address for the first time even though he would've knew it anyway.

Jayden got it because he went through his ARI system and found out that an ex cop was the killer and he had a warehouse in this specific area.

No Rad. The exact same thing happened to me, but I managed to get the trophy at the end.

Well I didn't get it :(

----

I'm replaying this now and I was trying to see some of those plot holes. Well...

MAJOR SPOILERS

One that was brought up was why is Shelby investigating these old case when he is the killer.

Well it dawned on me just now that he's just following up his old victims to find out why the dads didn't have it in them. I noticed that when you have a chance to ask questions you can pick the investigation style question like when did it happen. Or you can ask about the fathers. Now when I was first playing it never dawned on me - but on a second play It's slapping me in the face. Why would anyone ask about the fathers instead of the other options?

Well we all know now. And if WE choose the other options then you can't blame the game and say it's a plot hole - because its your own actions that are causing it. We're supposed to ask the questions Shelby wants to ask about the dads etc.

Also with the questions like 'did the police have any ideas or did you have any ideas who did this' - he's trying to find out if the police are on to him or if he accidentally left any clues behind.

I'm not sure why the man in the shop only had 1 figure in his box - I've seen it claimed that was a plot hole because Ethan gets 5. But my thinking is that he probably sent 1 to the first few victims fathers and eventually someone must have done that 1 and found their child and of course Shelby was there too like he is at the end of your story.

He's going to kill you despite you doing all 5 so clearly he did the same to anyone else who made it through.

Why did you get 5 though? My guess is because he saw you throw yourself in front of that car - he knew you'd do almost anything because you already proved to him you had it. So he's bound to see just how far he can push you. He probably thought 5 was way too many, even for you.

Finished my first play through now, only one of the main four survived, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Re Killer

Didn't suspect Shelby at all throughout.

Regarding the killer...

It also kinda gave it away when he went into the mansion and shot the place up, killing loads of guards. PI or not, you're not going to go in like that unless something wasn't right with you in the head :LOL:

That article did have a point about Shelby's gun not needing to reload either :LOL:

Good scene though :)

The Origami figures plot hole
Shelby specifically targeted Ethan. He saw him dive into the road trying to save his son, and so he already knew what Ethan was capable of; with the others, it seems as if they are comparatively random.

Anyone else slightly bothered by the scene where...

... Jason gets killed by the car?

Ethan takes the full brunt of the car and escapes unscathed (physically), yet Jason is killed.

What's the script by this crash thing?

Seems my brothers machine has fecked up?

Is there a download or something you have to use before you play this game?

I'm not sticking it anywhere near my PS3 if this is what happens.

FD

Anyone else slightly bothered by the scene where...

... Jason gets killed by the car?

Ethan takes the full brunt of the car and escapes unscathed (physically), yet Jason is killed.

2nd Ethan scene, answering the quotation
Though a little "forced", it may still be possible that Jason dies because he hits his head with the floor or the car, while Ethan receives the impact in the torso.Note that age makes a great difference in this situations.

It can sound twisted, but unfortunately, I've had 2 accidents with my bike and only broke some ribs, while a friend of my cousin had a minor, very light crash at 30 kms/h and died this summer because he had an unlucky impact of the neck. When I watched the scene, this came automatically to my memory.

Obviously, some of the scenes in the game may impact you a lot if you've passed through similar things. I'm not a father myself, but I can see how fathers have a bigger emotional impact.

Ending spoilers
Has someone managed to reach the end without the cops being there? Does anyone managed to have no one at the final stage so Shaun dies? Going to try all these things, as well as keeping Laura as far from Shelby as possible...

Last edited:
I heard there are 22 different combinations of endings so chances are you might be able to Drek.

Car accident
I thought he didn't necessarily come out unscathed. After the accident a fair amount of time passes before we're back with Ethan.

Doesnt it say that he was in a coma for quite a while when the psychologist is treating him? I dont think he was unscathed from the accident.

So did anyone else suspect...
the clown?

I've been playing Broken Sword recently so I should have, but no! I blame him for Jason's death, though. I also blame Jason's parents for raising a dick who wanders off regardless of his dad's shouting and the busy roads.

I did suspect...
the psychologist? I spent the first hours of the game totally convinced that he was disturbing mentally Etahn in some way, maybe with the techno gadgets he puts on him during the sessions. I was relieved when I saw Balek punching him hard and saw that he was playing almost nothing in the plot.

That leads em to... why does Ethan has blackouts and why he has origamis in his hands when he wakes up?

Haha no.

Did anyone get the ending with Ethan

Getting the shit shot out of him?

I think I've had three or four different endings now.

That's the first and only ending I've seen so far. I'll try keeping things more
sane, calm and collected next time around, and not get the worst ending possible where I managed to kill off everyone, except Shaun and the killer.

I did suspect...
the psychologist? I spent the first hours of the game totally convinced that he was disturbing mentally Etahn in some way, maybe with the techno gadgets he puts on him during the sessions. I was relieved when I saw Balek punching him hard and saw that he was playing almost nothing in the plot.

That leads em to... why does Ethan has blackouts and why he has origamis in his hands when he wakes up?

YES I did too!

I was thinking that he was hypnotising him and putting the thoughts into his head - then maybe slipping the figures into his pockets or something. I even thought that he was trying to frame him when the police are there saying how he has dreams and he found this figure.

I watched 'Lie To Me' over Christmas and they had an episode where a child psychologist was kidnapping her own patients and that's why I ended up thinking it was him.

At the contrary...
I never took any tripto. Until I replayed again the Mad Jack scene in the scrapyard and I managed to take him under arrest by pressing all the sequence buttons including the last button with my tongue because I had no fingers left. How does it affect Norman? If you avoid triptos you face some QTEs in order to mantain control.

I resisted all but once I think, the first time I didn't realise that you could resist but after that I stopped him :)

One Heavy Rain glitch uncovered during the last few days apparently leaves character Madison Page with no clothes on.

There's a video on Kotaku claiming to be proof.

WARNING - spoilers are incoming:

To relieve Madison Page of her clothes, decline the kiss with Ethan Mars but trigger the love, so to speak. Reload a saved Page game and there she will be, naked.

At least, that's what the person reporting the bug said had happened.

Can't believe I still haven't got this. Sold out everywhere. Will try again later.

For those that have the game, which is a fair few given the Spoiler riddles pages of last, is the game easy enough to get to grips with, what with the control system and how it all works? Is it ever infuriating or frustrating? Any really difficult parts?

There's a few slightly awkward parts which involve you holding down 3/4 buttons at the same time but nothing too taxing. Very easy to get into though, a kid would get to grips with it straight away :)

Have you tried supermarkets? I've just been to Asda and they had copies.

The only annoying part of the controls for me is as you hold R2 to walk forward and change direction with your left stick. Sometimes you can want to turn left into a room but because of the camera and R2 button you end up walking into the wall, then you correct yourself and twist around then twist into the room. It looks a little messy.

There are 2 areas in the game where this can cause REAL problems for you. I can't really say where or when without giving away a bit of a spoiler - not game changing or end ruining but I'd rather not mention anything at all.

But basically they involved trying to get from A to B with a few turns here and there.

Back
Top Bottom