[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

You guys are talking about few games that always looked interesting but I never played them. All the new Resident Evils and Diablos - I played all the old ones but none of the new ones. So it's an interesting read.

May I ask why do you stick to Diablo 3 instead of Diablo 4? As far as I remember they both received "meh" reviews and neither got even close to Diablo 2 atmosphere. What makes 3 better than 4?

I’ve not played any Diablo game other than Diablo 3 on switch so I’m not sure about the rest. As far as Diablo 3 is concerned, in my opinion it’s not something that I’d call an immersive masterpiece or anything like that. It’s just fun to defeat hoards of enemies and I find it to be a good stress relief. You don’t really have to think too much about what you’re doing although if you really want to get into it then there’s the option to focus on build etc. So I guess it can be a casual bit of fun or more serious depending on how you want to play it. That’s what I think anyway. Just like movies or tv, reviews aren’t always the absolute truth because every person has different tastes.

I’m sticking with Crusader until I’ve finished it. I don’t play often so I don’t really get tired of using Crusader. I imagine if I played a lot I would.
Cool. I hope you explore some of the end game. Make that crusader feel like a superhero with a nice build and see some of that damage icon reach a billion

@Emroth pretty much what pes4eva said. It can be just mindless tapping and blowing up enemies. Prob at higher level you need strategy but i had fun w it just aiming for specific loot and then blowing up enemies (i think the max level to do is 150 my record was 120-130, after that you prob have to look/grind for specific loot. By then i take a break for a few months and repeat to level up again as every season which is around 4 months you start with a new character). You get maybe a bit too much loot. Its pretty accesible , easier than grim dawn and path of exile for sure.

D4 i played on release. Dont know how its now. It was ok but a bit of a slog, no end game, crappy loot but nice graphics. Hope end game was as D3

Last edited:
Just like movies or tv, reviews aren’t always the absolute truth because every person has different tastes.
Very well said!

That being said, mindless action does have its place. Not everything has to be deep, philosophical, or revolutionary. Mashing buttons, dungeon crawling, and defeating enemies in a demonic world does sound fun. Never tried Diablo myself but I might give it a try. Sometimes less is more. :TU:

I think that was rather a remake. Its my all time favourite classic survival horror. Im hoping for a Dino Crisis remake tho.

Also after the Tomb Raider remasters a Soul Reaver remaster.
Ooh! Thanks for that. First time i have heard of it. Just checked it out. Tomb Raider II was one of my favorites. Valentines day release date too. Maybe it will put some shaky relationships in trouble. :LOVE::MAD::D

Regarding Hitman 2.... As good as always. But silly me gets ahead of himself, in the "Three headed snake" mission. So will now have to start again. :COAT:

Very well said!

That being said, mindless action does have its place. Not everything has to be deep, philosophical, or revolutionary. Mashing buttons, dungeon crawling, and defeating enemies in a demonic world does sound fun. Never tried Diablo myself but I might give it a try. Sometimes less is more. :TU:
Yeah you should. Play it after someone pisses you off and take your aggression out on it 😂

Pes 20 and 21, felt okay.
Some Witcher 3.
And restarted RDR 2, that game pretty much has it for me, even thought the tutorial/intro missions felt ok this time, and not two years like my first time playing it.
Just wished more games had this place and movement, and also feels like a true open world game.

I finished Robocop a while ago, tremendous fun, grab it on the next sale if you have any fondness for ol' Robo.

Now I am playing the new Prince of Persia, It's a Metroidvania which is not usually my jam but I have much love for the franchise (other than Warrior Within which can suck it). It's bastard hard from the word go but I am really enjoying it so far.

To stink up this thread a bit more with my ranting.
But I'm completely hooked on RDR 2 , even more now than before.
Didn't get far my first play through because of personal reasons, but now being in a better place, absolutely adore this game.
Hardly do any missions, just out hunting etc
Brilliant

To stink up this thread a bit more with my ranting.
But I'm completely hooked on RDR 2 , even more now than before.
Didn't get far my first play through because of personal reasons, but now being in a better place, absolutely adore this game.
Hardly do any missions, just out hunting etc
Brilliant

Red Dead 2 was the best game released last generation.
I kind of rushed the game when I originally played it on the Xbox when released, although I did do quite a lot of the side missions, however I missed an awful lot of the encounters and hidden gems on the game.

Now when I play it, I have just been messing around on Chapter 2 and just doing many encounters as possible and using YouTube to find new stuff to do as the game is full of so much random stuff.

I should move onto Chapter 3 really and start doing seeing what more there is at that point of the game or maybe I should just go through it and complete the game again as TBH can't really remember too much of the actual story of the game except the actual main general plot.
Unfortunately though don't really have enough time to play a game of RDR2 length as only get an hour or so in the evening and a couple of hours potentially at the weekend.

I kind of rushed the game when I originally played it on the Xbox when released, although I did do quite a lot of the side missions, however I missed an awful lot of the encounters and hidden gems on the game.

Now when I play it, I have just been messing around on Chapter 2 and just doing many encounters as possible and using YouTube to find new stuff to do as the game is full of so much random stuff.

I should move onto Chapter 3 really and start doing seeing what more there is at that point of the game or maybe I should just go through it and complete the game again as TBH can't really remember too much of the actual story of the game except the actual main general plot.
Unfortunately though don't really have enough time to play a game of RDR2 length as only get an hour or so in the evening and a couple of hours potentially at the weekend.
That's the tough part, having time to play.
I do nowadays, but I get it for people who doesn't have that time.
I'm going slow with this one for sure, just love riding around, hunting setting up camp etc

I recently gave a second chance to Cyberpunk 2077 and did not regret doing so. My first try was before the 2.0 patch and bugs with average IA behavior has mad me put it down quite quickly. The game now feels really refined and well optimized. It looks absolutely beautiful (with the new RT) and runs really well on my PC. Cut scenes and the role playing is really immersive. I am also quite hooked in the story as well. With all those AIs around and trans-human defenders, it feels like a plausible science fiction future.

Before that, I was playing Starfield regularly, but I have decided to give up on this game because my gaming sessions were always much longer than anticipated and also too repetitive and in the end a bit boring. I spent most of my time in this game looting and transferring my loads from my stock to my ship stock ect... Also the role play is most of the time disappointing and not immersive. Finally, graphically doesn't come anywhere close to Cyberpunk.

On the footy side, I still play FIFA16 regularly (using the RFS app to extend the database and managerial world) and this one doesn't disappoint.

Last edited:
It's a bit less hardcore than ARMA or SQUAD. I'd say it's a hardcore Battlefield.
Most casual of all hardcore milsims.

I would highly recommend a mic. There's a lot of people who don't have mics (and even I sometimes don't bother talking), but they are missing out. Not to mention that they are putting themselves in disadvantage big time, coz having someone to help you spot enemies and spotting enemies for others is huge. A lot of times you don't know who shot you and where enemies are.

It takes a while to learn and can be very frustrating at times, but it's the best shooter I have ever played.

Send me a PM if you want to know more. I can give you a nice brochure and few tips how to start. ;) :LOL:
Damnn, this sounds like my cup of tea. As love Battlefield and hardcore military shooters,. I bought Breakpoint on your recommendation. As I love ARMA, 2 especially and I saw real life marines playing Breakpoint, it looked so awesome.

The Private Message bit goes to anyone who would like few tips, as this game does have a very steep learning curve.
So hit me up if you have any questions.

I’ve never played a Red Dead game. Thinking about picking it up for switch for some portable gun slingin!

Just got to do the last mission on Hitman2 (as ever a superb game). Hitman3 can wait.
I am also just starting to get into Stalker-Anomaly, which i anticipate to be good.

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea as it seems shallow and not as deep as other management games, but I'm enjoying F1 Manager 23 (on gamepass). I find it was easy to understand (I play on standard difficulty and my strategies for pits usually suck, but when they work due to pure luck its great). I don't actually follow F1 in real life, but this got me interested. Its the perfect game to chill, stream on my laptop while I watch TV/do other stuff.

Doing a season with Alpine, really enjoyable to see cars in front crash/have pit issues so I could gain some positions. Been on podium only once.

This game took me to Motorsport Manager (I think that one is more similar to football manager... same developer?) which I am also enjoying starting a team off in F3. Its much older but more complex

Anyone got Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth? I'm about to pull the trigger and buy it (the standard edition ofc) but I really shouldn't do it with my backlog and the stupid idea I had this weeek to start another playthrough of Mass Effect Legendary Edition. 😬

I played 2 and a half hour the Witcher 3. I looted and killed some pigs, ducks and cows but why the hell I can't pet and cuddel the cute cat in the first village in the tavern? :BORED:

Joke asaide. I did my first quest with the smith, followed the steps on the ground to the sea/river with the damged boat and I don't know what can I do next. I used the magic right mouse button. Only hint is a big guy without boots.
But it is midnight and every body is in his house and when I want to go inside I have the massage the door is locked. :ROLL:
Did I something wrong? Or is this normal?

I played 2 and a half hour the Witcher 3. I looted and killed some pigs, ducks and cows but why the hell I can't pet and cuddel the cute cat in the first village in the tavern? :BORED:

Joke asaide. I did my first quest with the smith, followed the steps on the ground to the sea/river with the damged boat and I don't know what can I do next. I used the magic right mouse button. Only hint is a big guy without boots.
But it is midnight and every body is in his house and when I want to go inside I have the massage the door is locked. :ROLL:
Did I something wrong? Or is this normal?
Is this the quest?
If so its bugged

Is this the quest?
If so its bugged
Hi mate, I think not. It must be and sidequest.
It happens after the beginning Intro, The dream from the main charackter with his wife and then the tutorial with Ciri and so on and after this he woke up kill the ghule and riding to the next village after the cutscene with one of these monsters with wings eating the horse.
Booth charakter going into the tavern and mainquest is to search for Yennefer (or wht is her name) and ask for informations.

In this village I found a burned house from a little gnome smith or something. He tells that his house was bourned down last night.

And yea. I found behind his house footsteps on the ground with my magic RMB

Bit of a mad one...
Last couple of days I've been playing Microsoft Flight Simulator, but with a very specific goal and rules.
The idea was found on Reddit and then I adjusted the rules to my needs.

The plan is to traverse the entire world and see all the countries. And the rules are:

1. You are starting from your local airport
2. You can only tick the country off the list when you land in its capital airport.
3. You can only fly from an airport you have previously visited
4. If a weather happens to be bad - you can land on any airport on the way to your destination and then change weather to clear skies. But only if you manage to find an airport and land the plane (simulates waiting the storm out)
6. Same goes for refueling - you can only refuel when you land.
7. I am selecting some interesting waypoints on the way to my next destination, so while I'm ticking the countries of the list - I also explore the world and see places I always wanted to visit.

My progress so far - purple are capital airports, orange are all other airports I visited.
Screenshot_2024-02-05-19-38-14-40_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Heading across to Norway next to explore Scandinavia and then head north to Svalbard.

Have a similar "career" going: Exploring the world by taking off where I landed. Started in Scandinavia, this is my progress so far. I'm playing in VR (Quest 3) with Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls, the Bravo Throttle Quadrant and MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals. Cessna 152 or similar VFR planes only. It still remains the best (non-)VR gaming experience of my life, even after 1000+ hours I've already put into it.

VlZfdDR.png

Wow, this is amazing, Tom!!!

I never thought I'll find someone equally mad on Evo! 😂
I'm also only using small VFR planes, unless I'll get to a point where I'll have to cross the ocean, but it will be a while yet before I need bigger wings.

First few days I was just downloading world updates. My Flight Sim is currently over 300GB on Xbox.🤯

And first day or two I spent on training lesson, learning how to fly.
I'm also still figuring out and adjusting rules.

The "weather change" rule came after I travelled across half of Scotland inside a huge storm and realised that I haven't really seen anything and the whole idea was to explore the world.. :LOL:

Tell me - how come you have done so many stops? Or is it just your flight path?

Bit of a mad one...
Last couple of days I've been playing Microsoft Flight Simulator, but with a very specific goal and rules.
The idea was found on Reddit and then I adjusted the rules to my needs.

The plan is to traverse the entire world and see all the countries. And the rules are:

1. You are starting from your local airport
2. You can only tick the country off the list when you land in its capital airport.
3. You can only fly from an airport you have previously visited
4. If a weather happens to be bad - you can land on any airport on the way to your destination and then change weather to clear skies. But only if you manage to find an airport and land the plane (simulates waiting the storm out)
6. Same goes for refueling - you can only refuel when you land.
7. I am selecting some interesting waypoints on the way to my next destination, so while I'm ticking the countries of the list - I also explore the world and see places I always wanted to visit.

My progress so far - purple are capital airports, orange are all other airports I visited.
Heading across to Norway next to explore Scandinavia and then head north to Svalbard.
Surprised you haven't crashed the plane and gone "survival on a desert island" mode.
Bit disappointed Marty

Tell me - how come you have done so many stops? Or is it just your flight path?
Yeah, exactly that. Flights usually take me around ~45 minutes and I'm choosing the most interesting or popular airports as next destination. I'm using an app called "Neofly" which simulates a career as a pilot (which I don't really care for, but I love its visual route logging capabilities).

https://www.neofly.net/

Yeah, exactly that. Flights usually take me around ~45 minutes and I'm choosing the most interesting or popular airports as next destination. I'm using an app called "Neofly" which simulates a career as a pilot (which I don't really care for, but I love its visual route logging capabilities).

https://www.neofly.net/
Yes, I did read about it, but as far as I know there is no way to link any of these apps/sites with Xbox version of Flight Sim.
So I'm just using "my maps" in Google and mark the places myself.
Bit of a pain, but it also adds to the fun, coz I can do small recon on Google maps and then add interesting spots to my waypoints.

Back
Top Bottom