[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Yeah, its a bit confusing at times, spells or use the sword etc.
I think I want a more Skyrim/Kingdom come experience, just wandering the land and take missions when I want.
But I'm going to give it a proper go, cause I really want to play it
Thanks Marty
Ive installed and uninstalled this game 3 times. I cannot get it to interest me. Don't know if i should give it a go with the series x update from a few months ago. Same as you i really want to like it. Might try the easiest difficulty. Let me know if after a few hours you get hooked

Ive installed and uninstalled this game 3 times. I cannot get it to interest me. Don't know if i should give it a go with the series x update from a few months ago. Same as you i really want to like it. Might try the easiest difficulty. Let me know if after a few hours you get hooked
That's how I played it. Easiest difficulty and just focused on a story. I have no interest to be stuck on some level for longer, especially that I knew this game with all the DLCs will take me 100hrs to beat anyways.

It's one of the best games I have ever played, my choices really mattered and there were many times where I was scratching my head wondering what to do, coz the choices I had were both fucked up. That's what I really loved about this game. The characters weren't black and white, but very very grey..

Having said that - I have installed and uninstalled Elden Ring 3 times and just can't get into it. I'm not finding any fun in it whatsoever, so maybe this game is just not for you guys.

Yeah, right now I'm pretty much forcing myself to play it, but I'll probably get hooked, so far I miss the freedom to just get out and explore the map since it's very story driven and full of dialogue
But I'll keep grinding :)
I'm at "talk to the guards about Yennifer", that's were I stopped the last time pretty much

Witcher 3 updated the movement of the character a few months in but the original way of moving around is still in there, make sure to check out both in case the default is still the old one. It shouldn't be, it's a lot more stiff and unwieldy.
Witcher 3 very unexpectedly became my favorite game after I mostly just wanted to check out a good looking game on my new PS4. Before I knew I was deep into using oils on swords and all that stuff. I forget the difficulty I played on, maybe one below normal? It was still plenty challenging for me.
I think you need to play this game very leisurely to appreciate it, not in a "repeat segment over and over again because you were killed" kind of way, but you can't rush through it, you have to stop and talk to people, loot everything in sight, and just drink in the wonderful atmosphere.
It is still quite a journey, I probably have over 300 hours on it (with the dlcs), but it is littered with thrills and the endgame is absolutely mad.

Me again.
This time "Beyond: Two Souls" is on the table. And I got to say.....I don't feel the love...

On paper it should be right down my alley. I thought I will love it... But it seems like Quantic Dreams are not as awesome as I thought they were.
Detroit Become Human was epic.
Mind-blowing.

Heavy Rain was shite. Gave up on it coz it was cringe, with awful voice acting.

And "Beyond..."...
It's a decent story, but it feels like they wanted to pack too much into it and it turned out just silly. There were few chapters, which I presume were supposed to be interesting and add a lot to a story, but at the end I was just thinking: "Well that was fucking stupid..."

I will finish it, coz I'm not far from the end, but looks like Detroit was made after they learned on their mistakes from Heavy Rain and Beyond. Which is good I suppose. Means they are going in the right direction.

Pull up Farenheit (PS2) from somewhere if you have not played it.

Starting to get in to Witcher 3 after a few hours of slow playing.
Turned of HUD was one step, otherwise ill get to focused on going from A to B constanly.
The other thing was watching this video
Man I think you are way to obsessed about your 'freedom'..
You haven't even left White Orchard, which is like tutorial area. The game didn't even open up for you yet and you are giving out that it's too story driven..
There will be plenty of time to explore and do whatever you want.
You will be sick of it at some stage.
I didn't do half of the side quests coz the game is so huge.

Man I think you are way to obsessed about your 'freedom'..
You haven't even left White Orchard, which is like tutorial area. The game didn't even open up for you yet and you are giving out that it's too story driven..
There will be plenty of time to explore and do whatever you want.
You will be sick of it at some stage.
I didn't do half of the side quests coz the game is so huge.
Kinda figured it out that it was more or less tutorial the first stage, like the boring snow mission in RDR2 which took me years to get by since it was dull as fuck.
Starting to like this game

Kinda figured it out that it was more or less tutorial the first stage, like the boring snow mission in RDR2 which took me years to get by since it was dull as fuck.
Starting to like this game
I knew it was White Orchard when you said you were supposed to ask about Yennefer.

The gas thing is that when I played it first time - I progressed something I probably shouldn't have, got a notification "Am I sure...", didn't read it, said 'Yes' and skipped the entire White Orchard after being there for like 10mins.

Second time around I did spend good bit of time there, but it's a shite area altogether. ;)

I knew it was White Orchard when you said you were supposed to ask about Yennefer.

The gas thing is that when I played it first time - I progressed something I probably shouldn't have, got a notification "Am I sure...", didn't read it, said 'Yes' and skipped the entire White Orchard after being there for like 10mins.

Second time around I did spend good bit of time there, but it's a shite area altogether. ;)
It is,boring area for sure.
But getting a bit more understanding of the game has really made me liking the game more.
Yeah you tend to just skip dialogue a bit in the beginning
For me turning the HUD off was a massive boost in immersion

For me turning the HUD off was a massive boost in immersion
Oh I'm with you 100%.
That's the first thing I do in most games. Apart from the fact that I'm quite obsessed with immersion - it also works as a counterbalance to the difficulty level.
Recently I started playing most games on Easy, just coz the games these days are so massive. And having no HUD, no minimap, no enemy levels kinda helps with still providing a bit of a challenge.

Oh I'm with you 100%.
That's the first thing I do in most games. Apart from the fact that I'm quite obsessed with immersion - it also works as a counterbalance to the difficulty level.
Recently I started playing most games on Easy, just coz the games these days are so massive. And having no HUD, no minimap, no enemy levels kinda helps with still providing a bit of a challenge.
Absolutely, same here when ive got the game figured out and controls down, i go no hud as well.
Pretty much like playing manual on Fifa/pes, lower difficulty but less help is a good recipe

Fort Solis is pretty gripping. I would still consider it as an interactive movie but the voice acting, graphics, tension is amazing. Chapter3 here we go. Great sci-fi thriller so far.
View attachment 251381

Ending was pretty meh unfortunately. Great mistery setting but never follows thru. Like the game supposed to be longer and the devs ran out of money so they left the ending rather up in the air.

Finished Uncharted 4 completing my journey with Nathan Drake.

As good as Among Thieves, maybe even better.
Really liked how they made me look around and plan my next move during parkour, rather than just have glowing bricks like most new games these days.
Gameplay was really enjoyable.

Really wish they put more effort into the movie and took it seriously. It could have been such a good franchise. New Indiana Jones.
Why the fuck they made Nathan teenager - I'll never understand.. disgraceful.

Anywho.. since Uncharted 4 installed together with Lost Legacy spinoff - I started this now. Still have a bit of treasure hunting hunger.

PS 2023 Wrap up is now available.

Screenshot-2023-12-12-203718.png

Screenshot-2023-12-12-203813.png

Is F1 23 a big improvement over '22? I have 22 in gamepass but what I read is the handling on controller is much better in '23 and to just wait for that one to drop in GP. Not looking to play it super realistic

Is F1 23 a big improvement over '22? I have 22 in gamepass but what I read is the handling on controller is much better in '23 and to just wait for that one to drop in GP. Not looking to play it super realistic

Yes, absolutely massive improvement.
F1 22 was easily the worst F1 game there was - 23 is far superior in every aspect.

More Spider-Man 2, it gets better and better but I am sort of stuck in a story mission which is a bit too long (see spoiler below), it has a bit of a gameplay change right there and I just want to get back to the regular stuff and do random missions in New York. Moving around is so much fun.

I am at the part where I play as Venom, at first there is a piss easy bit where you just wade through enemies without breaking a sweat, then there is a tough boss fight right after. The first part was just not fun for me at all, but the thing is I have never been a massive fan of Venom, the symbiote+Peter was always more interesting for me.

More Spider-Man 2, it gets better and better but I am sort of stuck in a story mission which is a bit too long (see spoiler below), it has a bit of a gameplay change right there and I just want to get back to the regular stuff and do random missions in New York. Moving around is so much fun.

I am at the part where I play as Venom, at first there is a piss easy bit where you just wade through enemies without breaking a sweat, then there is a tough boss fight right after. The first part was just not fun for me at all, but the thing is I have never been a massive fan of Venom, the symbiote+Peter was always more interesting for me.

I found everything with Venom incredibly easy including the boss fight.
He was so overpowered but amazingly fun to play as, would of been brilliant to play as him for longer than the 30 mins you had.

I found everything with Venom incredibly easy including the boss fight.
He was so overpowered but amazingly fun to play as, would of been brilliant to play as him for longer than the 30 mins you had.
Funnily enough when I started that part again I finished it rather handily. I'm having a hard time not playing this game so I have gone quite a bit further tonight. Will probably finish it before Christmas which I wasn't expecting.

Funnily enough when I started that part again I finished it rather handily. I'm having a hard time not playing this game so I have gone quite a bit further tonight. Will probably finish it before Christmas which I wasn't expecting.

I finished it within a week of starting.
Was a very good game and really enjoyed it.

There were some issues with it for me with mainly the pacing of the story went from really slow which I actually enjoyed to all of a sudden wrapping up the story really quickly - Too many boss fights towards the end of game.
I will probably replay it once it is released for PC in a couple of years time.

Don't know how many hrs I've plowed down into The Witcher the past 4-5 days, but a lot!
Pretty much doing the Barons quest, but returned to white orchard and cleared that map, and now I'm on a detour doing Hunting a witch quest.

Never thought (after installing and uninstalling this 3 times) I'd be so hooked, but I am

Pretty much doing the Barons quest, but returned to white orchard and cleared that map, and now I'm on a detour doing Hunting a witch quest.
That's where the game really starts. Only gets better from now onwards.

Edit: Baron's quest line was the moment in the game when I realised how deep the consequences of my actions go. No decision after that was simple, coz I knew there might be consequences I can't think of at the moment.
This quest line was a brilliant slap in the face for me.

I finished Little Nightmares. It was solid, but nothing have beaten "Bramble The Mountain King" yet.

I also started Mafia 2. Got remastered trilogy and never played 2 and 3.

Last edited:

Edit: Baron's quest line was the moment in the game when I realised how deep the consequences of my actions go. No decision after that was simple, coz I knew there might be consequences I can't think of at the moment.

I finished Little Nightmares. It was solid, but nothing have beaten "Bramble The Mountain King" yet.

I really liked Mafia 2, 3 gets a bit boring after a while but still a decent game.

Yeah the Barons quest is really a deep one

Hi Em, seasons greetings! These are games that i have never finished, from my aging games list. Except the original mafia 2, which had IMO a cracking story line and characterization. And quite a shocking ending.

In little nightmares, i remember last playing it and being stuck and constantly getting caught under some floorboards. lol

I really liked Mafia 2, 3 gets a bit boring after a while but still a decent game.

Yeah the Barons quest is really a deep one
Hi Rocko, hope you are well and good mate full of festive cheer. Yes Witcher 3. I vow to go back one day and try again. This time though i think i need to study the spell and alchemy side to the game. lol

Hi Rocko, hope you are well and good mate full of festive cheer. Yes Witcher 3. I vow to go back one day and try again. This time though i think i need to study the spell and alchemy side to the game. lol
Hey buddy, I'm fine.
Hope you're having a good and relaxing holiday.
Yeah, I've neglected that side as well but should really study it a bit more.
All the best mate

Platinumed Spider-Man 2 yesterday, so I won't be playing much of that until there is dlc for it.
Also tried a bit of Robocop: Rogue City. This game almost defines 'rough around the edges' but it pretty much nails the Robocop vibe. With the cop side missions which are not about just shooting people, I have now realized that Robocop would not be very effective irl, because you could just run away from him. Moving around is sloooooow. Thankfully the perps in Rogue City just gang up on you instead.
I think I will rewatch Robocop soon just to get a bit better into the mood, I still think the game is quite promising, in a b-tier kind of way. It's 35 pounds on PSN on the January sale but it does seem nailed on as a PSN+ free game at some point.

Back
Top Bottom