[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

I meant to say I'll try immersion
Haha I know you did.
Yeah try it. This game out of the box is dreadful. It got slaughtered by community and after a year, or two, Ubisoft released additional modes and parameters, adding Immersive Mode and option to turn off Gear Level, so you don't get AK47 Lvl1 that does no damage comparing to AK47 Lvl20.
Immersive mode is how this game is meant to be played.

I only have current objective on the screen (coz I'd get lost otherwise) and Ammo/Current_Tool equipped. The latter I left on just because sometimes tool selection doesn't register and I have to select it twice. But in order to do that I need to see what I have equipped. Wouldn't like to throw a grenade when I'm trying to bandage myself. :LOL:

I spent a good bit of time adjusting it all, so give us a shout via pm if you'd like me to send you my settings.

Can you tell me exactly why ATS and ETS are appealing? Not sure I get it.
You can just relax playing these games by following simple A to B objectives while driving by the road rules and listening to your own music or local radio depending on the country you're in.
In fact I'm really surprised nobody has attempted so far to make a videogame with 1:1 real world countries and cities where you can just drive following road rules. The technology is there and also the audience for it is there.

Has anybody got tired of gaming? There is the old cliche meme after 30 you scroll thru your game library and consoles every night for 30 mins but rather watch tv or youtube. But it very much applies to me. Really i complete a game every 6 month or quarterly at best, then im fine. And these are 10-25 hours games, i cant do these 100 or more hours games, they are so boring after a while. As well there are too many games to choose from, never sure where to start, and then it boils down me having a 30 game backlog with pretty good games either i already bought or they are in the PS plus which i paid the annual fee for. So because of that it also becomes an obligatory task to game, which ...just no. I dunno, i wanted to went.

Has anybody got tired of gaming? There is the old cliche meme after 30 you scroll thru your game library and consoles every night for 30 mins but rather watch tv or youtube. But it very much applies to me. Really i complete a game every 6 month or quarterly at best, then im fine. And these are 10-25 hours games, i cant do these 100 or more hours games, they are so boring after a while. As well there are too many games to choose from, never sure where to start, and then it boils down me having a 30 game backlog with pretty good games either i already bought or they are in the PS plus which i paid the annual fee for. So because of that it also becomes an obligatory task to game, which ...just no. I dunno, i wanted to went.
I agree, It's more or less the same for me. I start a game and become bored with the similar things you have to do.

I just recently completed TR1 on the remasters. Although i enjoyed the nostalgia trip. I can't really be arsed to do the others, yet. I have so many untouched and unfinished games, it's a joke.

I have now officially decided, not to acquire any more games (except a footie game that delivers).

Similar, I can only do small bursts of gaming, that's why games like FIFA or racing games are basically what I play now because I don't need a story and can play for 20 min and be done. I'd like to play Witcher 3 and RDR2 and find out what the story is, but I don't have the patience or time.

It's funny because I always think there is a perception that those quick games have a reputation for "kids that want instant gratification" while complex stories are for "serious gamers" but with family and little time, I really just enjoy a small dose of gaming and be done with it, have a hard time committing time to 60-100 hrs story.
Unfortunately, the last game I think I knew what was going on with the story was probably more than 15 years ago. Now I just skip everything. :(

Getting the Steam Deck was my turnaround for fighting my immense backlog and feel joy doing it. Got me back into daily gaming again, even when it's only in shorter bursts.

The last time I put any serious time into gaming was Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on 3DS. During that time period my life was a bit of a mess to be fair and I was addicted to it. I used to play for hours all through the night and into the morning. I clocked around 9 THOUSAND hours on it by the time I quit playing. Now I just play for a few hours here and there and avoid monster hunter altogether.

Actually the opposite has happened to me. TV shows and movies have lost a lot of appeal to me for some reason (even though I do like youtube because I can personalize it more), while I'm spending more time gaming. :) The question is more the length of each session, that's one of the reasons why PES/FIFA is perfect for me, play a half an hour game, go outside, then come back and play some more, then go cook or socialize, etc.. So actually, I'm spending more time gaming as time goes by, just that the gaming sessions are a bit shorter and are usually interspered with other activities. In terms of story, well I usually play campaigns in PES/FIFA so these are in my head as part of the immersion for my ML/Career stories thread so it works out..

As for non-football games. I used to play a lot of JRPG's back in the day, and I can still play them but now I prefer more action-driven games (like platformers), or games that don't have very complex stories (think Donkey Kong, for example). The one exception to this is strategy games, in which I enjoy both story-driven campaigns and skirmishes. :)

You can just relax playing these games by following simple A to B objectives while driving by the road rules and listening to your own music or local radio depending on the country you're in.
In fact I'm really surprised nobody has attempted so far to make a videogame with 1:1 real world countries and cities where you can just drive following road rules. The technology is there and also the audience for it is there.
There is definitely an audience for these games. Lots of us would love to see more driving sims on the market. I think the problem is I don't see many of these AAA studios, with their their billions, making a competent a driving sim or even a hybrid.

Ubisoft tried it with The Crew series where you could drive around cities and states across the USA, but and it didn't go as well as they thought it would. It's a step child of the Forza Horizon series and that series has been underperforming as of late. The only driving sim adjacent game that I'm interested in is TDU Solar Crown, but we'll see whether it's decent enough to play or it shits the bed.

Last edited:
Been playing on pc since 2023, but I retrieved one of my Xboxes yesterday, and having 40-50 games on disc plus 50-60 digitally has really fucked me up, just jumping in and out of games completely.
Think I'll just use it to play retro titles (FIFA and 2k) or complete metro exodus and RDR 2

So I gave my old FIFA 20 a spin today, not really that much fun tbh, enjoyed it back when, especially the challenge since defending Vs older titles is very different

Been playing on pc since 2023, but I retrieved one of my Xboxes yesterday, and having 40-50 games on disc plus 50-60 digitally has really fucked me up, just jumping in and out of games completely.
Think I'll just use it to play retro titles (FIFA and 2k) or complete metro exodus and RDR 2
I was about to ask, if you had completed RDR2.
It's a daunting prospect knowing maybe one day (in my case) i have to start and finish RDR2/Witcher 3/AC Odyssey. Not sure i ever will. Being a kid in a sweet shop, isn't all it's cracked up to be.
I suffer the same with my movie collection. Often i can't settle on what to watch.

I was about to ask, if you had completed RDR2.
It's a daunting prospect knowing maybe one day (in my case) i have to start and finish RDR2/Witcher 3/AC Odyssey. Not sure i ever will. Being a kid in a sweet shop, isn't all it's cracked up to be.
I suffer the same with my movie collection. Often i can't settle on what to watch.
It's pretty draining tbh.
Same here, I'm in the snow part of RDR2 (again...) and I have a fifth ISH played on Witcher 3, and funnily enough also AC Odyssey pretty much un played
Think I'll stick to RDR and Metro exodus and some retro FIFA/2k for now though.
Have you started watching Shogun yet?
Brilliant series.
Also saw The Astronaut this weekend, really good really weird

It's pretty draining tbh.
Same here, I'm in the snow part of RDR2 (again...) and I have a fifth ISH played on Witcher 3, and funnily enough also AC Odyssey pretty much un played
Think I'll stick to RDR and Metro exodus and some retro FIFA/2k for now though.
Brilliant series.
Yes, the damn snow part. I would probably have to go through it again, just to remember the story line. I always looked forward to getting far south and seeing cactus and whatnot. Spaghetti western style. Alas, i never made it that far from the snow.

Not seen shogun. I have heard some of you guys rating it. I will have to look. Same for the Astronaut. I quite like sci fi.

I think sooner or later though i am going to get serious on stalker anomaly. I might even get my bandicam running. So you can see a real
Idiot
in action. ;)

Yes, the damn snow part. I would probably have to go through it again, just to remember the story line. I always looked forward to getting far south and seeing cactus and whatnot. Spaghetti western style. Alas, i never made it that far from the snow.

Not seen shogun. I have heard some of you guys rating it. I will have to look. Same for the Astronaut. I quite like sci fi.

I think sooner or later though i am going to get serious on stalker anomaly. I might even get my bandicam running. So you can see a real
Idiot
in action. ;)
Ha ha ,nice one mate.
My plan was to play a lot of RDR tonite, instead i got hooked on Metro exodus, brilliant game, havent played it in a few years

[...]
Brilliant series.
Sorry to get in in to your both disscusion. But I really recommend the Shogun. I watched the first 3 episodes and liked it really well.

I have love/hate relationship with Ubisoft.
I'm always giving out about them for their bloated, meaningless worlds and shallow stories and dumbed down mechanics, but when you look at the games I have installed - most of them are Ubisoft.

And that's because most of their games have umpteen ways to customise them to your liking. Out of the box they are rubbish m, but with a bit of time in settings - I can usually turn them into very immersive experience.

Having that in mind I decided to give both Division games another bash.

The worlds they have created there just oozing atmosphere. I think only Days Gone apocalyptic world was as good as these ones. Very grim.

I started from D2 and to my surprise - enemies didn't feel as bullet spongy as I remembered. I wanted to know the whole story, so I installed D1, found 5 round 2500k damage rifle and all normal enemies are dropping from one shot.
Having very slow rate of fire I also have to be tactical and smart.
Lovely jubbly.

Now the only thing that really annoys me in them is that I can't completely remove the HUD the way I'm doing it in all other games. It's annoying and surprising, coz all other Ubisoft games always allowed me to turn everything off.
So this little window that pops out whenever I aim is breaking my balls a bit.

But I'm quite happy with everything else. Don't remember any other post apocalyptic game that took place in big city, so it's a nice change.

I'm always giving out about them for their bloated, meaningless worlds and shallow stories and dumbed down mechanics, but when you look at the games I have installed - most of them are Ubisoft.

And that's because most of their games have umpteen ways to customise them to your liking. Out of the box they are rubbish m, but with a bit of time in settings - I can usually turn them into very immersive experience.

The worlds they have created there just oozing atmosphere. I think only Days Gone apocalyptic world was as good as these ones. Very grim.

I started from D2 and to my surprise - enemies didn't feel as bullet spongy as I remembered. I wanted to know the whole story, so I installed D1, found 5 round 2500k damage rifle and all normal enemies are dropping from one shot.
Lovely jubbly.

Now the only thing that really annoys me in them is that I can't completely remove the HUD the way I'm doing it in all other games. It's annoying and surprising, coz all other Ubisoft games always allowed me to turn everything off.

But I'm quite happy with everything else. Don't remember any other post apocalyptic game that took place in big city, so it's a nice change.
I really enjoy both Divisions. I think they were supposed to make a big update to loot and balancing for D2, don't know if it happened already but I should go back to it. Also really loved D1 but have to say I liked it co-op and dont know how many people play now. Both fantastic games. Atmosphere in snowy NY is incredible.

You playing the story or endgame?

You playing the story or endgame?
I'm only lvl10 now. Playing the story solo.
Which can be pain in the arse at times, coz I have to keep chasing levels to be able to do next mission. So I have to do a lot of encounters and side missions even tho I'd rather just focus on main story.
But the world is interesting enough to soften the grind blow.
Haven't been to Dark Zone yet. Mostly I'm just strolling slowly from one mission to another, looking around and soaking the atmosphere up.

Lovely jubbly.

Will always have a soft spot for both D games, especially the surreal gaming i had with the D1, which started a week or so before the pandemic broke out,and at the same time playing the game while in the midst of it seeing these big letters a hundred meters from my living room
massive.jpg

Im really pumped up for another playthrough of it

Also really loved D1 but have to say I liked it co-op and dont know how many people play now. Both fantastic games. Atmosphere in snowy NY is incredible.
Played a lot of the games co op, brilliant stuff, D1 with random people, and D2 with a finnish guy, almost the whole game with him.

Ive been playing a lot of Metro Exodus lately, and im insanely hooked on myleague with not one 2k but with a bunch of them.
got careers going on 2k15-16-17 and some casual gaming on 2k19 and 20, but mainly playing my 2k16 ,3 seasons in with The Pistons and one season in on both 15-17.
Just realised i have way to many games installed atm

Back
Top Bottom