[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Yes, I did read about it, but as far as I know there is no way to link any of these apps/sites with Xbox version of Flight Sim.
So I'm just using "my maps" in Google and mark the places myself.
Bit of a pain, but it also adds to the fun, coz I can do small recon on Google maps and then add interesting spots to my waypoints.
Sometimes I also like to use a random flight generator putting me bumfuck nowhere with several basic configuration options as to airport sizes, flight duration and stuff. While you obviously can't use that on the Xbox directly, just generate a flight on your PC instead and paste the ICAOs to your console.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/random-flight-generator/270848

I'm just doing custom tours in countries I would like to visit in real life. I'm using Bushtalk Radio ofc (PC) and some other software to improve the experience. Bushtalk Radio is a must for me in every flight.

• Love
Reactions: Tom
Surprised you haven't crashed the plane and gone "survival on a desert island" mode.
Bit disappointed Marty
Turns out I didn't have to crash it on purpose.
Something has been draining my battery and I lost power above Norwegian wilderness. Had to emergency land on flat top of a mountain.
Then I had to figure out how to bring back the power and turn the plane back on.
Then I took off and got to my destination with 6% of fuel left.
So yeah - survival is also there! 😎

Turns out I didn't have to crash it on purpose.
Something has been draining my battery and I lost power above Norwegian wilderness. Had to emergency land on flat top of a mountain.
Then I had to figure out how to bring back the power and turn the plane back on.
Then I took off and got to my destination with 6% of fuel left.
So yeah - survival is also there! 😎
I kinda guessed you'd figured a way to play survival mode.
Hat off!

At the risk of making @Emroth all hot and heavy I have been playing some Sniper Elite 5 on the highest difficulty with my friend. It's called Authentic and turns off pretty much all of the hud. Also, unlike Hard mode where you can sort of line up your sniper shots with a helping marker and zooming in, there is none of that. So that sniper you used to get in 1 shot now needs 10 shots to go down, and that's after he has alerted everyone in the level and probably shot you as well. It is a vastly different way to play the game but still fun. You can't tell where shots are coming from by visual cues as before and you don't even know your own health levels apart from the game letting you know if they are low. So levels we breezed through before are now very hard.
Oh and what always gets me, when you reload you throw away the rest of the clip. So no more of that "take two shots and then reload" stuff.

At the risk of making @Emroth all hot and heavy I have been playing some Sniper Elite 5
As you could probably have guessed - that's exactly how I was playing this. :LOL:
Turns it into proper immersive hunt when you can't see through walls and have to rely on your eyes and ears.
The only thing that was bugging me was crap AI. You could just sit in the grass with half of your arse sticking out and they would just keep coming to you one by one.

- oh I think I heard something.. I know 4 of my mates went to check it and never came back, but I'm just gonna have a quick look myself...

Resident Evil 4 Remake gives me so much nostalgia. Forgot how much of NOT a resident evil game it is but a crazy fright rollercoaster ride it is.
But these implemented "bigger" fight section challenges gives me a head ache how difficult they are sometimes.

Finally completed Diablo 3!
It was definitely worth the play time but I am glad I’ve finished it because I was starting to tire of button mashing.
The next game I buy to play is going to be something chill where I can press one button every 5 minutes or something 😂

Finally completed Diablo 3!
It was definitely worth the play time but I am glad I’ve finished it because I was starting to tire of button mashing.
The next game I buy to play is going to be something chill where I can press one button every 5 minutes or something 😂
Finished the story? But now the fun is the end game. Wizard and climb those levels and blast everything on the screen doing greater rifts . Give the game a few weeks if you burned out but definitely try some builds later. For me the story part was the biggest slog

Finished the story? But now the fun is the end game. Wizard and climb those levels and blast everything on the screen doing greater rifts . Give the game a few weeks if you burned out but definitely try some builds later. For me the story part was the biggest slog
Yeah the story. I’ll go back to it but I’m going to find something else to play before I do because as you eluded to, I’ve got burnout with it.

Anyone played the tomb raider remaster?
I was hoping for a physical release on switch but there doesn’t seem to be one. Kinda gutted!

Balatro has ruined my other gaming sessions. Can't put it down and play something else. I really hope they won't release this one on mobile phones. It's dangerously addictive.

The last fps I properly played was one of the old rainbow 6 games in the late 90s.

As I've grown older I just can't get into them

Then I tried contractors on the quest 3. Well it's just hard to describe how good it is

Just finished Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown. Exceptional game. Not much for hard games and never really played any metroidvanias to speak of but this one was both. I can't stress how much the demo undersells it. Second best PoP game after Sands of Time.

Last edited:
I'm back to Breakpoint lately. Clocked over 50hrs on it now.
There really is nothing like this on consoles. Immersive mode, high custom difficulty, no team mates and it's the best Splinter Cell thats not a Splinter Cell.

Small doses of WWE 2k23, (in anticipation for WWE 2k24) FM 24, and American Truck Simulator. I have over 760 hrs playing ATS. I wanna get into Euro Truck Simulator. I have it downloaded with mods and maps but man ATS is addicting, especially when you have mods.

I am playing a lot of Cyberpunk lately. It is really a great game in its actual state. Looking gorgeous and the story part is really engaging.
It's a beautiful game. The devs have done a great job with this game. It's far from perfect but much better than it was in '21, and '22.

Just finished Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown. Exceptional game. Not much for hard games and never really played any metroidvanias to speak of but this one was both. I can't stress how much the demo undersells it. Second best PoP game after Sands of Time.
High praise, indeed! PoP: The Lost Crown has been in my Wish List for a while. Sands of Time was an extraordinary game, and I'm looking forward to playing this as I am a huge fan of Metroidvanias. :)

As for me, I've been playing Pumpkin Jack. :) Charming, very fun game which is right up my alley with the Tim Burton-esque "Nightmare before Christmas" feeling and old school 3D action reminiscent of some of my favorite PS2 games like Maximo Path to Glory. On Steam 75% Discount until March 3! :TU:

Last edited:
There really is nothing like this on consoles. Immersive mode, high custom difficulty, no team mates and it's the best Splinter Cell thats not a Splinter Cell.
I used to play ARMA 2 and 3 with friends and I watched real life Marines play Breakpoint, it was so epic. Reminded me of Arma, but better in many ways. I haven't really played it yet though.

Small doses of WWE 2k23, (in anticipation for WWE 2k24) FM 24, and American Truck Simulator. I have over 760 hrs playing ATS. I wanna get into Euro Truck Simulator. I have it downloaded with mods and maps but man ATS is addicting, especially when you have mods.
Can you tell me exactly why ATS and ETS are appealing? Not sure I get it.

Been playing nothing but Helldivers 2 for the past 2/3 weeks.
Really fun game with friends but can get very repetitive.

Requires a good amount of skill though and the harder skill levels are incredibly challenging, however you can't do the higher skill levels really till you get to level 20.

Been playing nothing but Helldivers 2 for the past 2/3 weeks.
Really fun game with friends but can get very repetitive.

Requires a good amount of skill though and the harder skill levels are incredibly challenging, however you can't do the higher skill levels really till you get to level 20.

Would this be worth it to play solo or maybe not solo but with randoms?

I need to get back to this. I installed both this and wildlands and couldn't decide which one to play so I ended up not playing either but was thinking about getting back to this one. I really did enjoy my time with it but after a while got a bit repetitive. I do like to play with ai teammates tho and with some assistance. Maybe I'll try incredible to see if it improves gameplay and helps with getting burned out of the missions

installed both this and wildlands and couldn't decide which one to play so I ended up not playing either
:LOL:
It's a weird one, coz I also always install both of them even if I intend to only play one! Even now I have both of them installed!
Id love to get into Wildlands, but I have done 2 provinces and got bored with it.
World design and story are good, but Breakpoints gameplay was such a step up!
Injury mechanics, Stamina deplition, inertia... Everything is just so awesome there. I keep seeing new animations when I kill enemies. And speaking of enemies - hate the fact that bodies disappear in Wildlands. It's a huge factor to hide them, or kill enemies in a way where the bodies aren't discovered.

:LOL:
It's a weird one, coz I also always install both of them even if I intend to only play one! Even now I have both of them installed!
Id love to get into Wildlands, but I have done 2 provinces and got bored with it.
World design and story are good, but Breakpoints gameplay was such a step up!
Injury mechanics, Stamina deplition, inertia... Everything is just so awesome there. I keep seeing new animations when I kill enemies. And speaking of enemies - hate the fact that bodies disappear in Wildlands. It's a huge factor to hide them, or kill enemies in a way where the bodies aren't discovered.
I meant to say I'll try immersion (auto corrected and typed incredible). Needed a push to get back into it and will try this weekend. I do like the island better in wildlands but agree gameplay is better in BP. Ah hadnt realized the bodies disappeared in WL. That does make a difference as in BP Ive gotten guys looking for me bc they found a dead guy

Back
Top Bottom