[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Recently completed Modern Warfare 3, and also completed recently Homefront which was really good surprisingly, graphics a bit outdated I thought, but enjoyed the game.

Also completed Dead Island, might do it multi-player though and maybe try and complete every side mission though next time.

Currently playing PES and Assassins Revelations.

Still not out the wrapper:- Infamous, Battlefield 3, Operation Flashpoint:- Red River and WWE.

FD

360 - Call of Duty Modern Warefare 3 MP
PS3 - None
PC - Star Wars The Old Republic

2012 games to buy, Fallout New Vegas GOTY, Mortal Kombat Komplete, LA Noir GOTY, Mass Effect 3

PES and Assassins Revelations (just completed, now have to do some of the animus stuff and another few things).

FD

Not so much what I have been playing the past week, but probably the past month.

Race Pro On the Xbox 360, nice driving model, looks like a last gen game though, some decent tracks to race around not found in other games, but it just looks dated, and I suspect the online is dead bar the hard core of hard core.

Need for Speed : Shift On the 360 again, never played it when it was launched, but a real pleasant surprise of a racer, looks far better than the above and so far it's been fun, and for me, I think you could call it Forza/GT lite, you can mess around with lots of things if you want, or just add basic upgrades and get to the next race, for me, much more fun.

X-Men Origins : Wolverine 360 again, and once more, a pleasant surprise, decent super hero game, being Wolverine is class, not sure it needed the gore to make it an 18, could have been just as much fun without it.

Assassin's Creed 360 again, have had this game for years, like most above, had just never got round to it, but finally I found the time, about a third of the way through, sure I'm killing Templar's, collecting flags if I stumble upon them, along with saving civilians, but think from now on, I will be doing the investigations and getting on with taking the targets out. Not too enthused with the whole Animus storyline just yet.

Need for Speed : Hot Pursuit On the PS3 and 360, now on both Hard drives too, love this game to bits, pure eye bleeding speed, edge of your seat racing.

Burnout : Crash Fun, for half price, not worth the full price it retails for.

Madden 12 on the 360, still in the 4th String Madden Scarves League, having an awful season, but managed to beat Greg Ford in Overtime this past week, which has certainly made up for a dismal season.

NBA Jam : On Fire Edition on the PS3, what a game, this is old school NBA Jam, what the re-release should of been, thankfully they rectified the former with this downloadable game, 100's of unlocks, from legendary players to teams, to basketballs and everything else. I'll never unlock everything, but at least I have PIPPEN! unlocked to play alongside Rodman or Benny the Bull. Most fun moment, playing as Dominque Wilkins with Harry the Hawk on court.

NFL Blitz on PS3, no PAL release yet, so had to pick it up off the US PSN, and have only played 1 game so far, not quite sure it's as full a game as Jam, but it's probably a good jumping off point, no doubt there will be an On Fire Edition next year which will add lots more.

Been mostly playing Battlefield 3 and FIFA12, both on 360.

Have plans to start Mass Effect 2, then once that's over, launch into Skyrim (eek).

Carl, if you like those racers then you might like Shift 2 and Need For Speed: The Run. I think you can get the latter as a demo on xbl.

I really need to get back on Race Pro. It does look very dated but that was the case when it launched three years ago! The driving model is good (as you'd expect from Simbin) and it has some brilliant tracks like Brands Hatch and Zandvoort.

Shift 2: Unleashed is an acquired taste. I went back to it recently and it's good fun, with probably the best track selection of any console racer, but the driving model is a bit iffy and the controls have never been sorted out properly. I have to keep pissing around with the sensitivities and deadzones and even then it never feels right. It was supposed to be patched but EA wouldn't let SMS do it and the plug was pulled. Hopefully Project CARS will show what SMS can do without EA on their back.

As for me, I've been hammering Tropico 4 over the last week.

Hi LTFC, I have Shift 2 to play, but wanted to try the first Shift first, also planning to get Forza this week possibly or next.

Race Pro has some tracks we have never seen in years or ever, and thus that's great fun, but it really is old looking.

Forgot to add:

Lego Batman on the DS, great fun game, completed all the Story modes Hero and Villian, will head back every now and again for it, but it's not crucial now, I burned a load of studs on Mr Freeze and he's class.

Last edited:
PS3 - None
PC - Star Wars The Old Republic

2012 games to buy, Fallout New Vegas GOTY, Mortal Kombat Komplete, LA Noir GOTY, Mass Effect 3

Hi LTFC, I have Shift 2 to play, but wanted to try the first Shift first, also planning to get Forza this week possibly or next.

Race Pro has some tracks we have never seen in years or ever, and thus that's great fun, but it really is old looking.

Forgot to add:

Lego Batman on the DS, great fun game, completed all the Story modes Hero and Villian, will head back every now and again for it, but it's not crucial now, I burned a load of studs on Mr Freeze and he's class.

Haha I have Lego Batman but on my 360, it came with the console in a bundle at the time. I ended up really enjoying it.

currently playing on the ps3 :

MLB 2k12, currently in the playoffs.
Batman Arkham Asylum. Recently picked this up. Advanced to about 48% of the game. Very good game, was able to pick up Arkham City for € 26 only as well.

Red Dead redemption. Been playing this off and on for more than a year. Am about halfway. Love riding my horse through the landscape.

GTA Liberty city stories. I have played all GTA games and loved them all.
only finished a few missions sofar.

Fight night champion. Mostly exhibition fights.

Top spin 4, mostly exhibition games.

Just completed Assassins:- Revelations. Maybe one or two little things I can do, but all missions done.

Just starting on Battlefield 3.

FD

Getting into Kingdoms of Amalur. It's really good. In many ways more polished than Skyrim, though not nearly as mature/serious. I'm really enjoying it.

Completed Battlefield 3.

Moving onto WWE which ain't even out the wrapper. Will probably try it along with Operation Flashpoint.

FD

PS3 - PES 2011
PC - None

Just playing the Mass Effect 3 demo. The game itself seems fine, but the storytelling is falling pretty flat with me, as it did with ME2. It thinks it's a lot better than it is.

Well, the MP is pretty good with friends.
It's all about levelling while using different classes and it's quite challenging.

I started Crysis 1 on 360 and ended up playing it right through to the end. Well worth the £15 or so on XBL.

I've now started Bastion, also downloaded from XBL. It's a really beautiful game, and the narrator is fantastic. Well worth downloading as a trial game if anyone's on XBL.

PS3: I've had Dead Space 1 and 2 waiting for me a good while now, getting into the first one, Just found the first (and hopefully only) turret section and it's doing my head in!

360 - WWE12, just playing the universe matches at the moment, would like to down load new stories & custom rings, but the THQ server is terrible, it always disconnects.

Mass Effect 3 DEMO, try the mulitplayer, but not feeling it at the moment.

Mass Effect 2, Playing all the DLC I brought last year, need to finish them by this week so that I can play mass effect 3 next week.

New Vegas Ultimate Edition - got this on thursay but haven't tried it yet. Borrowed New Vegas from a friend last year but did not buy the game as i knew Bethesda would release eith a GOTY edition when they stop making the DLS & bundle it in a new package, like they did with Fallout 3.

PS3 - PES 2011 - Just started a new master league campaign with Arsenal.

PC - None, Just cancel my Star Wars The Old Republic Subscription as I don't have much time to play it & since Mass Effect 3 is round the conner & need to play Skyrim.

This week I finished Bastion (awesome) and have now started Mass Effect 2 after picking it up for £7. So far, fantastic. I love how it reads your save game file from Mass Effect 1. The reporter on the Citadel actually remembered the fact that in Mass Effect 1, I took exception to their comments and punched them in the face!

Back
Top Bottom