Football Manager Series

Game is officially released on Friday, so will update all the files Friday afternoon.
As the licensing fix files will probably take sometime to be updated and uploaded.

All graphics will also be updated at this time - Although very disappointed with the lack of kits which have so far been made available.

Download now the 24th one game getting it on cdkeys with beta access for 38ā‚¬ if I remember corectly.

Heads up, there's a few issues with the usual license fixes this year.
I was under the impression the Japanese league was fully licensed, at least this is what I gather from SI's features description. Probably they didn't manage to get the license on time?
I can understand having this league fully licensed adds to the immersion and there are some very good Japanese players but is it that so important to prevent you from starting a new game?
In other news I really like the ME this year. I didn't play the beta, I'm playing the Gamepass version. First friendly game I had already 2 players with minor injuries. I hope there isn't an issue with the amount of injuries. It can't be my fault also because my start date was 17/07 and the friendly took place on 19/07. šŸ¤”

I can understand having this league fully licensed adds to the immersion and there are some very good Japanese players but is it that so important to prevent you from starting a new game?
Oh I'd say FM players are perfectionists (to a disturbing degree) - I don't want to start a game until there are no fake players left (excluding newgens of course). Every little helps!

Are you using the AI generated regens/newgens?
Not sure what you mean sorry, do you mean the "entirely randomised database" option? All regens/newgens are AI generated - or do you mean the randomly generated player images?

I use the normal database with real players (hence why I'm so grateful for the mods that license every league/team, in terms of names/stats and logos/player photos etc.).

To be honest I only have time to play 2-3 seasons at the absolute most every year, so I barely see regens/newgens and I've not previously been bothered to install the NewGAN mod (as it requires you to export a file from within the game that features all player IDs, import it into the software and then it can assign the photo-realistic images, and for all that effort I'd see a handful of people).

It's such a good concept though. I hope we don't need it next year given the graphics refresh!

Reactions: Tom
I'm going to wait a while before getting FM24. Nothing to do with the game in particular. I think the improvements SI made this year are worthy of a buy. It's just that I wanna wait for modders to add the essentials that FM needs. Plus, I'm trying to break the habit of buying games on the day of their release after some disappointing results.

I also use the majority of the files which are used by @Chris Davies

These will be uploaded shortly, however there seems to be quite a lot of issues with the License Fix files at the moment.
The Japan issue is also concerning, although these players are missing due to licensing issues - So these players will need a proper update to be fixed.

Personally at the moment I would not recommend starting a new game with the licensing fix until the issues have been resolved.

Not sure what you mean sorry, do you mean the "entirely randomised database" option? All regens/newgens are AI generated - or do you mean the randomly generated player images?

I use the normal database with real players (hence why I'm so grateful for the mods that license every league/team, in terms of names/stats and logos/player photos etc.).

To be honest I only have time to play 2-3 seasons at the absolute most every year, so I barely see regens/newgens and I've not previously been bothered to install the NewGAN mod (as it requires you to export a file from within the game that features all player IDs, import it into the software and then it can assign the photo-realistic images, and for all that effort I'd see a handful of people).

It's such a good concept though. I hope we don't need it next year given the graphics refresh!
Yes, I was talking about the NewGan mod/app.

I also use the majority of the files which are used by @Chris Davies

These will be uploaded shortly, however there seems to be quite a lot of issues with the License Fix files at the moment.
The Japan issue is also concerning, although these players are missing due to licensing issues - So these players will need a proper update to be fixed.

Personally at the moment I would not recommend starting a new game with the licensing fix until the issues have been resolved.
Hi bsmaff, do I need to starting a new game with a new licensing file? I had starting at the beta a game and had installed a licensing file from your ms downloads.

Yes, the licensing files and any other FMF files are loaded when you first start a game.
Thanks for reply mate!
If I understand you right, then if I want to still play with my old game (manager at german BVB) I have to play without the new modded files? Is it correct?

PS: sorry for my bad english

Warning - a lot of good fixes are coming in an official patch very soon ("early next week", i.e. the next 72 hours).

I'm going to hold off until this patch is released, given the very important stuff that's in there. I believe some Japanese data updates will be included.

The bad news is, many mods (especially database-related mods) may no longer work...

Source is Sports Interactive themselves: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/579605-fm24-information-for-upcoming-updates/

Minor Update Change list ā€“ Steam, Epic & Microsoft ā€“ Coming early next week

Licensing / Databaseā€Æ

• Kit updates
  • Updated database to reflect real world key events
  • Updated some players in the Turkish data

Match Engineā€Æ
  • Reduced frequency of injuries to goalkeepersā€Æ

Bug Fixingā€Æ
  • Stability fixes for crash issues that were reported via our backtrace serversā€Æ
  • Fixed an issue with ā€œLack of squad depth at Center Backā€ unhappinessā€Æ
  • Removed duplicate clauses in player negotiations (Transfers & Contracts)ā€Æ
  • Fixed an issue which causes AI teams to make an excessive amount of loan offersā€Æ
  • Fixed a bug causing imported FM23 saves staff & managers to default to a ā€œWing Playā€ strategyā€Æ
  • Fixed currency representation in Koreanā€Æ
  • Fixed an issue with Korean U21 players not having games scheduled

Content Update change list ā€“ Coming soon
We are also working hard on a wider list of updates with a near future target-date to address some of the other feedback we have received including:
  • Improvements to AI squad building and substitutions logic
  • Further updates to the match engine
  • Updates to player interactions
  • Quality of life improvements
  • Additional stability updates & bug fixes
  • Localisation fixes and updates
  • Data updates

Please do not be alarmed if an issue you have raised has not been resolved quite yet. Rest assured, the entire team is working extremely hard behind the scenes.

Thank you for your patience, feedback and continued support and stay tuned for more information next week.

Just when I installed the Commentary Audio Mod :D.

Which is better than I expected, some nice lines in there.
They've ripped it straight out of PES, but it works pretty well like you say - the atmosphere side of it is great!

That said, I can't use it because Swansea University (with their average attendance of 100) don't have many airhorns and crowd chants... :LOL: Not the modder's fault the game doesn't have different audio files for different crowd sizes / countries etc. though.

They've ripped it straight out of PES, but it works pretty well like you say - the atmosphere side of it is great!

That said, I can't use it because Swansea University (with their average attendance of 100) don't have many airhorns and crowd chants... :LOL: Not the modder's fault the game doesn't have different audio files for different crowd sizes / countries etc. though.
Yes doesn't always work but when you score a Screamer and hear the Commentator screaming, it is so much fun.

Do you guys download the free audio commentary mod or the paid one? I don't like paying for mods, I always donate though.

Do you guys download the free audio commentary mod or the paid one? I don't like paying for mods, I always donate though.
I bought the paid version, it's got far more depth than the free version. If you don't mind it being the same PES commentary you've heard on repeat for the last 10 years (and you don't mind there being no player names), it's great, but I found it to grate on me after a while. But I do wish there was an official commentary option.

In other news...

The update I mentioned yesterday is now available:
https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/579770-football-manager-2024-minor-update-2411-out-now

I will update the FM files with everything listed above as soon as they are updated for the new patch.

This will no doubt be before the end of the week.

Since it is a new DB - Pretty much all the licensing fixes and other DB change files will need to be redone.

I bought the paid version, it's got far more depth than the free version. If you don't mind it being the same PES commentary you've heard on repeat for the last 10 years (and you don't mind there being no player names), it's great, but I found it to grate on me after a while. But I do wish there was an official commentary option.

In other news...

The update I mentioned yesterday is now available:
https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/579770-football-manager-2024-minor-update-2411-out-now
Oh I was under the impression the paid mod was so advanced it was using player names also (at least when someone scores a goal). Meh.

New fixes file has been uploaded for the latest update.

Will upload the other files near the end of the week, when they have also been updated for the latest patch.

So, I started a game a few days ago as Tottenham and thought would be a good challenge and just have a couple of seasons fun with them.
See if I could win the Premier League and see what happens.

But then a massive incident happened - What was this?
I am currently sitting top of the Premier League by 2 points and got to the QF of the EFL Cup.
However, I have just been knocked out away to Man City in the 4th Round of the FA Cup.
This has caused several first team players to question my leadership for under achieving and there morale has now dive bombed.
The board then got upset for not reaching the later stages of the competition and I was then questioned by journalist for not making my short term objectives and if the board still believe in me.

So going out of the FA Cup to the best team in the world away from home in the 4th Round has completely destroyed my squad and their confidence in me as a manager.

TBH this isn't a bug as such just the way the game is programmed, but still in real life this would not of been seen as a disaster.
Either way this is the first time, I had this happen and is something that needs to be addressed - I can fully understand if I lost to a Championship Team.

So, I started a game a few days ago as Tottenham and thought would be a good challenge and just have a couple of seasons fun with them.
See if I could win the Premier League and see what happens.

But then a massive incident happened - What was this?
I am currently sitting top of the Premier League by 2 points and got to the QF of the EFL Cup.
However, I have just been knocked out away to Man City in the 4th Round of the FA Cup.
This has caused several first team players to question my leadership for under achieving and there morale has now dive bombed.
The board then got upset for not reaching the later stages of the competition and I was then questioned by journalist for not making my short term objectives and if the board still believe in me.

So going out of the FA Cup to the best team in the world away from home in the 4th Round has completely destroyed my squad and their confidence in me as a manager.

TBH this isn't a bug as such just the way the game is programmed, but still in real life this would not of been seen as a disaster.
Either way this is the first time, I had this happen and is something that needs to be addressed - I can fully understand if I lost to a Championship Team.
That's your punishment for picking Spurs! They're desperate for a trophy and Sports Interactive are also taking the virtual piss on them. šŸ˜œ
Jokes aside, it's true they need to fix the algorithm for certain situations. This is why I'm always picking lower league or mediocre teams in FM.

That's your punishment for picking Spurs! They're desperate for a trophy and Sports Interactive are also taking the virtual piss on them. šŸ˜œ
Jokes aside, it's true they need to fix the algorithm for certain situations. This is why I'm always picking lower league or mediocre teams in FM.

First game of FM, I always pick a half decent team for a couple of seasons to mess around with formations see how the game works and that sort of thing.
Just thought this seemed very strange as never had it happen before and hated it even more that it was a 4th Round defeat to Man City.

The one other thing that is really annoying me about the game as well is the amount of goals which happen within the first 5 minutes.
Never noticed this before but it is getting really tiresome to put up with - So clearly this hasn't happened in previous versions.

Back
Top Bottom