Football Manager Series

They need to give us the chance to play as a real life manager, perhaps with scenarios.

For example play as Lampard to revive Chelsea, Or Xavi in Barca

They need to give us the chance to play as a real life manager, perhaps with scenarios.

For example play as Lampard to revive Chelsea, Or Xavi in Barca
Could you not just use the editor to delete whoever you wanted to play as, then create them as the player character (selecting "world renowned manager" etc. in the setup to ensure you are respected as the real manager would be)?

I've been thinking of getting into Football Manager for a while, I might give FM 24 a shot eventually!

Also, I like this guy's personality and the way he presents the game. Not hyper or eager to sell you hype.
He's pretty chill and calmly explains the game's features, which I think is a refreshing change.
He's a football podcaster - SI use real-world football presenters to promote the game quite often. His name is Carl Anka and he can often be heard on The Totally Football Show podcast (his most recent appearance can be heard by clicking here).

SI partner with proper stats-loving, nerdy football podcasts because they know a lot of their audience can be found there - and it shows who they make their game for. (Meanwhile, EA try to sell FUT Points to kids through toy shop catalogues. Yes, this really happened.)

Thanks Chris!

Yeah, I liked his more professional style of presenting: Calm, not too many bells and whistles; straightforward and to the point.
I will check out his podcast. :TU:

They should think about a paid retro database (exp: season 2002-2003) that we can use on a recent opus.. but I think there's licence's problem.

They should think about a paid retro database (exp: season 2002-2003) that we can use on a recent opus.. but I think there's licence's problem.

There are old databases made by the Mad Scientist.
It is not 2002-2003 but his database is 98-99 - https://sortitoutsi.net/content/62080/the-199899-db

I have tried the database previously but never really got into it.

There was a DB ages ago where they programmed the DB so players like Messi and Ronaldo would enter the game for random clubs once they were 16.
Can't remember which DB this was, but was very unique.

Last edited:
GRAPHICS UPDATE - OCTOBER 2023

Faces - Updated with v14 and v15
Logos - Updated to v9
Kits - Not updated although some kits have been added to the game - This is pointless till FM24 release.
Data Update - 04/10
Realism Mod - Updated to September version

This is the last update until the files become available for FM24.
When 24 is released - I will be taking the files back to basics, where I will only download the Metallic Logos.

GRAPHICS UPDATE - OCTOBER 2023

Faces - Updated with v14 and v15
Logos - Updated to v9
Kits - Not updated although some kits have been added to the game - This is pointless till FM24 release.
Data Update - 04/10
Realism Mod - Updated to September version

This is the last update until the files become available for FM24.
When 24 is released - I will be taking the files back to basics, where I will only download the Metallic Logos.
hey @bsmaff any idea if default logos are updated anywhere on the net like metalic and other? I really like the default becouse blend good with the ones from FM. thanks :)

hey @bsmaff any idea if default logos are updated anywhere on the net like metalic and other? I really like the default becouse blend good with the ones from FM. thanks :)

There are but they are never updated.
Sortitoutsi has them available - But not updated since 2022.

I only download the Metallic ones as they are the most complete and when you install them they overwrite the original standard logos.

Think I'll skip FM24, it should have been a DLC season update considering the alleged overhaul for FM25

I hate it when people say this. The amount of work that goes in to the game even if there's not huge updates each year, and the number of hours you get out of the game for the money? It's probably the best value for money game out there.

I hate it when people say this. The amount of work that goes in to the game even if there's not huge updates each year, and the number of hours you get out of the game for the money? It's probably the best value for money game out there.
I'm for a paid DLC like PES 2021 season update instead of releasing a new game each year.

SI nail the promotion every year as they always get me on board 😂. The new features and match engine improvements look great. Well tempted to start a J League save as the licensing has been added.

Shimizu S-Pulse 💪

I've changed my mind on purchasing based on a lot of improvements I like the look of in fm24 to the point I don't feel I could play fm23 anymore. But that doesn't take away that a paid dlc with the changes could of been a better thing to do, considering FM25 is having a major overhaul to a new engine etc. And the dlc may have appeased the fans that maybe don't feel FM24 is enough of a major upgrade to warrant paying full price of it

I've changed my mind on purchasing based on a lot of improvements I like the look of in fm24 to the point I don't feel I could play fm23 anymore. But that doesn't take away that a paid dlc with the changes could of been a better thing to do, considering FM25 is having a major overhaul to a new engine etc. And the dlc may have appeased the fans that maybe don't feel FM24 is enough of a major upgrade to warrant paying full price of it

The average FM user plays the game for 300 hours each release. A) For the number of hours played that's a ridiculously good deal. Not many better value money for games in terms of playing over and over again. B) They are a business, why on earth would they (and why should they) see any need to release a DLC to appease an ungrateful younger (presumption but I bet it's true) generation who have no appreciation for the effort that goes in to the game each year. All the data alone.

The game sells over a million copies, why would they choose to make less money.

£30 a year for 200+ hours of entertainment is incredible value for money.
I paid £70 for Spiderman 2 and will play for about 20 hours.

FM is about the only game year after year, I would happily pay £100 for.

The game is cheap for what it's offering imo. EA charges £70 for a product they have the audacity to call football. You know also Football Manager devs could easily go the microtransations way and implement a fantasy mode with cards or such.

With the positional rotation, one thing I cant quite be sure of is.. do players rotate as a result of an instruction given, or as a result of the role they play? I'm guessing it's the role you select for them?

Also...I watched a few minutes of the Madrid liverpool cl final game from the tactical game cam. FM 24 actually looks pretty close to the re thing...

With the positional rotation, one thing I cant quite be sure of is.. do players rotate as a result of an instruction given, or as a result of the role they play? I'm guessing it's the role you select for them?
As far as I can tell it's a combination of tactical settings, player role settings and positional awareness attributes.

So as a lower league manager in charge of a team with poor attributes and no stand-out talent to focus passes to, I will be playing long ball football, turning "creative freedom" to zero, selecting the opposite of "roam from position" (can't remember what it's called) and selecting the "no nonsense" player roles, which effectively keeps every player focused on their own positioning (which is what's important to me - making sure defenders are always back and there's always a winger to pass to and a striker in the box).

The players will move and rotate based on player role settings.

I get the feeling though that these styles of play will only work with exceptional players, so Man City, PSG, Barcelona..
So would rule out this working with shit Prem teams like Man Utd, Luton.

Hopefully the game isn't broken out the box this year, where you couldn't play any Central Midfielders - As you would lose.

Trying the impossible at the moment and winning the French League in FM with Troyes.
So far I have now managed to get anywhere near the title.

Just started the 6th season and 5th in Ligue One.
I have finished 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd in the league and closest I have finished is 14 points behind PSG.

In this time though, I have managed a Champions League 2nd Round and a SF appearance.
But drawing too many games - PSG win every week and are impossible to get anywhere near.

As far as I can tell it's a combination of tactical settings, player role settings and positional awareness attributes.

So as a lower league manager in charge of a team with poor attributes and no stand-out talent to focus passes to, I will be playing long ball football, turning "creative freedom" to zero, selecting the opposite of "roam from position" (can't remember what it's called) and selecting the "no nonsense" player roles, which effectively keeps every player focused on their own positioning (which is what's important to me - making sure defenders are always back and there's always a winger to pass to and a striker in the box).

I love this. I'm something of a football romantic in real life, but in fm and even pes, I love playing up and at 'em. As dirty and long ball as possible!!

I think it was pes 20 vanilla where I turned crystal palace into Big Sam's Bolton.

Back
Top Bottom