Football Manager 2012

Well I started a new, proper game last night. Decided I'd finally be a heavyweight team and see what I can do. I feel it's time I come in and make Chelsea unstoppable again. So far we've P4 W4 and conceded 0! I'm using a 4-1-2-2-1 formation with 2CMs and 2 Wingers, (Mata is actually in the role of Advanced Playmaker). Seems to be paying off, Mata especially is on fire with 2 MOTMs already, 2 goals and 4 assists. Champions League Matchday 1 next. In my group it's Chelsea, Villarreal, Zenit and Dortmund.

Playing with Udinese. I had to do quite a lot to select players for the CL, because i had not enough homegrown players (players to played between 16 and whatever age for Udinese). I had to take to players from my youth team and this at a moment i hadn't transferred a single player...IRL Udinese must have had the same problem...(this was just before the qualification matches, which in my game were against Benfica and not Arsenal).

Until now i've done one transfer: Jelle Vossen from Genk, who is very, very good in the game (much better than IRL)...

Was there another update released for FM last night?! Steam won't let me play FM in offline mode today?! Think it's halfway through an update...

EDIT: Yes, there bloody was. 12.0.4 out now.

Last edited:
Until now i've done one transfer: Jelle Vossen from Genk, who is very, very good in the game (much better than IRL)...

Gerd, how much did you pay for him? I guess I will get the game this weekend and surely I'll pick Gladbach as soon as it comes to my hands. From what I've seen, they need a striker so I was thinking in Vossen. Don't trust in De Camargo to be honest.

I will look it up Andre..i'm quite sure it was too much..i'm a very lousy negotiator (but a rather good judge of players).

Just downloaded and copied over the Face Megapack 4.

Bloody hell, 5GB's and it took about half an hour to unzip!

Over 92,000 faces of both players and staff. Jobs a good 'un.

Now onto the kits, logo's and other pictures.

Was there another update released for FM last night?! Steam won't let me play FM in offline mode today?! Think it's halfway through an update...

EDIT: Yes, there bloody was. 12.0.4 out now.

It barely updated anything, either. Certainly nothing that would affect the game too much.

Does anybody know how to keep my picture of me in the game as a manager pic? every time i load up the game it resets to a blank image.

ANyone enjoying this or prefferign it or see much differnece to FM 2011?

Cause I have a nice career on FM 2011 I am still enjoying though I like the new player match day talks in the fm 2012 demo.

DOes it have effect on the game/perfomances though?

Just starting a new campaign with Rishon Le Ziyyon in the Israeli Premier league (where I will be living!) :DD

I have to avoid relegation this season, my aim will be to get them in the Champions League within 5 years. Hoo Haa!

Does anybody know how to keep my picture of me in the game as a manager pic? every time i load up the game it resets to a blank image.

You need to go to preferences and turn on show ID's. Then find your manager ID number. Write it down. Find the config file associated with your manager picture and edit the ID number.

You need to go to preferences and turn on show ID's. Then find your manager ID number. Write it down. Find the config file associated with your manager picture and edit the ID number.

cool cheers mate

How highly do you recommend those 3d kits Tim?

And is there one link with all of the different leagues? Like a 3d kit megapack? Cuz I see the links for individual leagues but not big one.

Yeah that's what I've done too. Well, I've got all of England, plus the countries for who else is in my Champions League group! There's not many packs are available to be fair.

Ended up getting all the packs available except like Bulgaria :P

Still haven't ran the game to see how they actually look though.

anyway thanks for the link.

£19.99 for a Steam key here:

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/...y-%2d-Activation-Code-for-Steam-Download.html

I bought FIFA 12 from them for £16 and had no problems whatsoever so I can recommend them.

I should be getting my free copy from SI this week hopefully :SMUG:

Will NEVER be using this site again. They had no FM12 Steam keys on release day, then seemed confused when I asked for a refund as I got my key elsewhere, eventually agreed to it. Now 3 weeks later and I still have no refund. Can't find a contact phone number for them anywhere either and they are ignoring my emails now.

Just noticed that in Champions League matches there are the extra 2 officials behind each goal! Nice touch!

fifa 12 career and pes master league are now so advacned its liek playing old chamoionship manage+ great football game. Dunno if ill bother with FM again tbh

I love this game so much, it made me laugh the other day as i was in a pre match conference and some one from the daily mail asked me a question and about agents and i stormed out then the news feed said that "Tee goes Berserk" thought it was awesome.

FIFA and PES lack quite a lot, IMO FM is still the most immersive game around.

No way you can compare fifa and pes careers/master league to current FM.

But I am saying IMO the depth of management siulation in FIFA/PES12 is not far from old championship manger likes 97-98? etc..

Also, if you want to sit and watch your match and manage adn do team tactics in game. Then PES football life is the best management sim around!!! Just watching that game and changing formations, subs, tactics etc....its actually real fun to watch.

Last edited:
What formation are you guys using?

I had a belter on FM2011 that I uploaded and loads of the guys from SIGames and other forums were using it. Took ages to tweak as well.

Now I'm thinking of adopting Barca's setup with the 2 holding midfielders and the 3 attackers, but I don't know if that would work well with Spurs and the players I'd want to play and bring in. Sandro and Parker as the holding two, but then I have Modric ahead of them and that leaves Bale on the left and no room for van der Vaart unless he plays on the right, which I don't want. Bah.

I'm assuming Neymar and Ganso are still fantastic, too.

I have a 4-2-2-2 with a Ball Winning Midfielder on defend and Deep Lying Playmaker on support, then two wingers, left winger is Advanced Playmaker (Juan Mata) on attack and on the right wing is Kalou on Winger as attack. Then Drogba and Torres up front as Target Man and Poacher, both on attack. Working well so far.

I've also made Mourinho's old Chelsea formation, 4 at the back then an Anchor Man on defend in front of the back 4, same two positions in centre mid (BWM & DLP), same two wingers (AP & W) and just Drogba as Target Man up front. I sometimes use this one in the Champions League, or against better class opponents (Man Utd, Man City, etc).

I play using 4-1-1-2-2 formation.

Works a treat playing with Arsenal at the moment and top of the league after 20 games and only lost once, which was away to Fulham on opening day and have not lost since.

But with FM nowadays the formation helps but it is mainly about having the players to play the way the formation and tactics are set out.

My Roma squad has NO wingers! unbelievable! There is only the old Rodrigo Taddei really. All other mid-fielders are like central players, some attacking some defensive and some pretty well rounded like De Rossi who I just tied to a new long-term contract (something they haven't achieved yet in real life :P ) but no real 'side' players.

So I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 formation with the 2 full-backs getting forward and covering some much needed width while there are 2 central midfielders and ahead of them 3 attacking midfielders and finally one striker up front.

Back
Top Bottom