Football Manager 2012

Regarding the suggestions, Rennes is a very well ran club as I'm sure you know from your demo experience. I don't know if you can continue a demo save but I wouldn't want to anyway since it's a small database and basically a 'quickstart' with no other leagues loaded and hence a very small game world.

So why not start another one with them? If not but you wanna stay in Ligue 1, why not try to bring either Bordeaux or St. Etienne back to their glory days? The latter especially is a sleeping giant and while hardly resourceful, they are much bigger and richer than likes of Caen so it could be a nice challenge.

----------------------

In regards to your post about LOSC, I agree those 3 departures were HUGE losses for Lille. BUT, Pedretti, Payet and Marko Basa are very capable replacements. On top of that a fantastic keeper like Enyeama joined to give more competition to Landreau and cover for injuries (I find it very weird this happened in real life by the way. How many clubs do you know in the world even at highest level who have 2 better keepers in their squad? I can't think of any! And was very surprised when this happened. When I heard about it, I thought maybe Mikael is on his way out.)

BUT I think you missed my point altogether. I wasn't saying that Lille should be expected to fight for title let alone renew it, especially as you pointed out given the massive spending of PSG. However, it seems VERY accomodating to expect only a TOP HALF finish. You don't go for champions and a very well ran club to being okay with finishing 9th and not even a Europa League spot. Now you're right, Michel Seydoux and the Lille board are very sensible in real life and that seems to be well depicted, but I don't think Mr. Seydou would be happy with just a top half finish this year. He'd expect and demand better. He'd want his team to be fighting for title and be up there but if fall a bit short, then it's okay...

EDIT: Under these low expectations, you can finish 6th in Ligue 1, grab a Europa league spot with Lille right now and it would look like you've exceeded expectations and done very well. I don't think that would be a good season for Lille. They should be looking to qualify for CL again.

Last edited:
Yes Sina, i agree with you that a top half finish is a rather modest aim for a club like Lille. I think you forgot to mention Joe Cole who is doing extremely well at the moment.

I also agree that Pedretti (perhaps him least of all) Basa and Payet are pretty good replacements, but this new team has to gel, whereas the other team was an accomplished team that had found a way of playing that suited all players...now Garcia more or less has to rebuild. Luckily for Lille, Rudy Garvia is a very fine coach.

Concerning your suggestions, i might try Rennes or St-Etienne, Bordeaux is a fine club, but for some reason or other, i never really liked them...(i know, i can be weird sometimes).

Can I suggest you a few teams Gerd?

Montpellier: They have been improving since they got back to the top flight. Some good players in there like Belhanda, Ait Fana and Estrada. So, as Ligue 1 fan, you must consider this one.

Borussia Monchengladbach: The Bundesliga sensation has some tremendous young players: Jantzche, Reus, ter Stegen and Nordveit are only a few examples. Moreover, Gladbach is sleeping giant with an huge fanbase desiring for success. (I think I'll pick them as soon as I get the game)

Athletic Bilbao: Another example of a giant full of young stars. Athletic is a unique team, their Basque policy make them a very special club.

Corinthians: This one is my personal challenge - Win the damn Libertadores for the first in club's history. Unfortunately I've never been able to achieve my goal (I won Libertadores once with Santos though).

Thanks André.

I've played with Montpellier last season and that was a campaign i liked very much.
My carreer mode in FIFA12 is with Borussia Monchengladbach (and i'm doing fantastic i'm leading the Bundesliga well into the season).

Athletic de Bilbao: great club, but their Bask players only policy makes it hard for me.

I'm not interested in Brazilian teams, but i have played in FM with Newell's Old Boys and Velez Sarsfield (did not manage to win the Libertadores).

But i have another question for you (more concerning PES than FM maybe), is there an attractive playing Portugese team outside Porto, Benfica, Sporting or Braga? Can you recommend an interesting Portugese club?

Thanks in advance.

I can't believe you are doing this Sina! :LOL: btw, you will never win the Portuguese League with Sporting because SI have underrated them. From what I've seen, only Matias is ok, others like Wolfswinkel, Elias and Capel haven't accurate stats. So is Braga! Oh man, SI screw up big time! For instance, Ewerthon and Paulo Vinicius, who are by far Braga's best defenders, are the worst in game!

Well, Gerd, as for your question, yes there are some interesting teams playing good football, albeit no one is properly overachieving this season. Had you made that exact question last year and I would pick Paços de Ferreira in a no-brainier answer, they were by far the most enjoyable Portuguese team to watch besides Porto and Benfica, which made them reach the League Cup final. As for the present season, Marítimo is a good option, currently 4th in League. Baba Diawara, who has already agreed a transfer to Celtic Glasgow in January, is, alongside Cardozo, the top-scorer of the Portuguese League with 6 goals. Besides Baba, there are a few good players like Rafael Miranda, Sami (a promising African young player) and Danilo Dias.

Académica is a good option as well. In fact, Académica is kind of coaches' school, so this one is more of a FM recommendation. :P Didn't know if you have already noticed that but both André Villas Boas and Domingos Paciência grown up as coaches in Académica. Their current manager, Pedro Emanuel, former FC Porto captain, is said to be the next Porto manager. Anyway, and at what regards to the team itself, there are some interesting values. Éder is the target man. The 23yrs old player have been linked with Tottenham recently and he's probably the most valuable player of this team. Sissoko (a truly speed demond winger), Danilo (the man who dictates the pace), Cédric and Adrien Silva (both Sporting academy players) are all good players and reasons to play with Académica.

Thanks André. To be honest i was thinking along the same line as you: Maritimo or Coimbra.
Played a couple of PES matches with both teams and i was mightily impressed by a certain Cabral of Coimbra. I think he is a wing back...seemed a very good player in PES.

I will go and watch the Portugese teams in FM.

Erhm... Andre now you kinda put me off of it! lol

Asshole! :P

So just started FM with Roma. :)

Fuck Luis Enrique. Slick Sina is in town and he will bring the capital club back to glory and help it fulfil its immense potential! :)

Starting off with the backroom as always. Getting rid of that crappy Assistant and mutual terminations to 80% of staff and bringing in my own good ones from different parts of the world.

Was surprised to see transfer budget is less than a million! Roma are not the richest in real life and had lot of debt problems but I thought that was until the American-Italian investor took over last summer. They even sold players like Menez.

Gonna be tough then. Got no money to spend and the squad looks okay except for wings. They have NO one for wings. Old Taddei is there and guys like Osvaldo really aren't wingers. Probably gonna have to play their default 4-2-3-1 formation with no wingers as a result.

Was also surprised to see Catania manager and Roma legend, Vincenzo Montella have so many high ratings in so many important areas! Not sure he deserves that but whatever, let's see how he does. Both in game and in real life.

Erhm... Andre now you kinda put me off of it! lol

Asshole! :P

So just started FM with Roma. :)

Fuck Luis Enrique. Slick Sina is in town and he will bring the capital club back to glory and help it fulfil its immense potential! :)

Starting off with the backroom as always. Getting rid of that crappy Assistant and mutual terminations to 80% of staff and bringing in my own good ones from different parts of the world.

Was surprised to see transfer budget is less than a million! Roma are not the richest in real life and had lot of debt problems but I thought that was until the American-Italian investor took over last summer. They even sold players like Menez.

Gonna be tough then. Got no money to spend and the squad looks okay except for wings. They have NO one for wings. Old Taddei is there and guys like Osvaldo really aren't wingers. Probably gonna have to play their default 4-2-3-1 formation with no wingers as a result.

Was also surprised to see Catania manager and Roma legend, Vincenzo Montella have so many high ratings in so many important areas! Not sure he deserves that but whatever, let's see how he does. Both in game and in real life.

Feel free to report anything you think needs changing regarding data:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276208-Italy-(Official)-Data-Issues

With your knowledge of the game, SI could really improve the database IMO.

Thanks Dags. Yah I know about the data forums. I used to do that a few years ago when I had more time on my hands. Now I just can't bother especially since it's not like they'll just readily accept things. Most times, it gets either ignored or the editor who speaks broken english tries to say things are correct as they are.

I had big problems with the Ligue 1 French data researcher this guy called 'romjet' a few years back for example. The data was good but could've been so much better. Was just in the wrong hands.

But anyway, nowadays, I just try to enjoy it for what it is and sometimes play in leagues I know a lot less about. That's why I was tempted to try Portugal for example because outside the top 3 teams, I know very little and so any mistakes wouldn't have bothered me.

p.s. That Mega Cut out face pack version 4.0 for FM12 should be out over the next few days. Not gonna have any time to play till Monday again anyway (Gone for the weekend), so am looking forward to that!

I've mad my choice and started the game: Udinese.
Seems a good club...i hope their scouts in the game are as good as irl.

Good luck with Roma PLF, we'll talk that's sure...

PS: André, Coïmbra is for PES...

Good stuff. If it helps, I might put it on my Dropbox account for people to grab from. Depends on size though.

I think it'll be HUGE! But well worth it. :)

@Gerd, nice choice. Good point about their scouts. I'm sure they are pretty good but we both can check. :)

Mehdi Benatia has really turned into an awesome defender! Haven't looked at his ratings but he should be very impressive. He is great even on FIFA and FM obviously has much better research/database.

And I really like the versatile and hard working Isla! And of course Di Natale is the ultimate living legend! 2 years in a row, top scorer of the league and he's like 33 now isn't he? lol. I love Toto! he's just amazing!

QUOTE]

Usually clubs start with low budgets because SI take into account the players that were already bought in the summer window.

Yeah I know that B, like how much of their transfer budget they've spent in real life in that summer which is realistic and I like that.

But Roma actually sold quite a few players too.

Anyway doesn't matter. Either way it's a club I've always wanted to manage and bring it to its best. Looks like it'll be tough but I'll be doing my best. :)

You started with Fulham yet? :P

Gotcha.

Yeah I've started with Fulham. I can't seem to really get into yet though. Still in preseason. Not sure what the problem is. Maybe I've played FM too much in the last 3 years or 4 years.

Or maybe it's always been with Fulham and you need a 'different' challenge/environment? :P

I mean even though stuff changes year to year, there are plenty of players there from previous seasons whom you've already 'managed'. Maybe it's time for something completely new. New players, new staff, maybe even new league.

Anyway the mega cut out face pack is finally out guys! Has close to 100,000 pictures including staff, etc.

http://sortitoutsi.net/megapack/4-00_all.html

I even paid for the premium membership to get it all in one nice quick big download of 4G. Can't be bothered downloading 22 different files all with like a minute wait at shitty speeds (I tried), just a huge hassle.

Plus I think these guys deserve something for all the efforts they put in not just into this but everything else and all year long. Gotta contribute at some point. Can't just take.

Yah sure I don't mind giving evo-web friends a little treat. ;)

But 4 gigs and how / where can I do that? I'm a bit of a computer newbie and never done this so if someone can help me out, I'll give it a go and hopefully it won't take too long to upload because I'm leaving the house and will be gone for the weekend in about 3 hours.

Hey dude,

I tried. But when I select the zip file to upload, it said: "Oops! You're trying to upload a file that is bigger than you're allowed". I guess even though you have 50G free, they don't let you do single big files like 4G. I was denied.

Yes you can, think you have to move the save game file manually in my documents from the demo folder to the actual full game folder.

I bought FM yesterday once I got my new laptop, started out at Ipswich

Or maybe it's always been with Fulham and you need a 'different' challenge/environment? :P

I mean even though stuff changes year to year, there are plenty of players there from previous seasons whom you've already 'managed'. Maybe it's time for something completely new. New players, new staff, maybe even new league.

Anyway the mega cut out face pack is finally out guys! Has close to 100,000 pictures including staff, etc.

http://sortitoutsi.net/megapack/4-00_all.html

I even paid for the premium membership to get it all in one nice quick big download of 4G. Can't be bothered downloading 22 different files all with like a minute wait at shitty speeds (I tried), just a huge hassle.

Plus I think these guys deserve something for all the efforts they put in not just into this but everything else and all year long. Gotta contribute at some point. Can't just take.

The problem is I tried to start as another team (Portsmouth in the championship) and I couldn't get going with them either. I know I don't want to manage in another league. I only follow the EPL. I dunno. Maybe it will just click.

No, it means it automatically sets your past experience to match the rest of the managers in your starting division!

ScreenShot2011-11-02at195431.png

Yah after you guys suggested that. I've started as Roma with Automatic rep and right from the first day, there are players like Borriello who have: "Worried that his manager's lack of experience will hinder club's progress" and worse players like Osvaldo who have something much more certain in their view along lines of: "Doesn't believe his manager has the experience to achieve success for club" or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom