Football Manager 2012

Got cowdenbeath to division 1 after 2 seasons on a shoestring but two days after getting them promoted they tried to drop my wages by a ridiculous amount. So I left out of contract on a high.

Cant get a job now. boooooooooo

Well I resigned from my Chelsea job after 4 years in charge. Won 4 Carling Cups, 2 FA Cups and 1 Premiership. Looking to start a new game with updates, maybe at Atletico...

Bloody hell, that's low for you, B!

Started my Atletico game. Not a bad squad by the looks of it. I will be playing a 4-3-1-2 formation with Diego as the Trequartista. Looking to play a possession game, starting strategy on Control, short passing and high creativity.

My 1st match will be against some random team in the Europa League qualifier!

Yeah it is low for me. Took me a while to get into this version. But I am moving along at a steady pace.

Atletico is a good team. They knocked me out of the Europa League this season and they won it. Good luck with them.

Wow, not a great start for me, we fucked up big time in the first leg of the Europa League 3rd qualifying round against Tromso and lost 4-0! I used that 4-3-1-2 formation and it just didn't work at all. Won the return leg 1-0 but we go out at the first hurdle. Shocking.

At least I can concentrate on the league now! Switched to a 4-2-3-1 formation but with 2 CMs instead of DMFs. Won the first game 2-1 after going a goal down at Osasuna. 2nd match was at home to Racing. Totally bummed them but just couldn't score, and in fact had a perfectly good goal disallowed, 0-0 FT. Not a bad start, I'm happy.

Only problem is the squad is quite thin and I always disable transfer budgets during the first window. In the first league match Falcao tore his calf and is out for 3-4 months!!!

Going well in La Liga, Played 5, Won 3, Drawn 2.

Think my team talks are going well, seem to be getting the best out of players, and even one player who I called up from the Atletico B team due to injuries and unavailability, and he's performed brilliantly on the right wing for the first team, and scored a goal in our 4-1 win over Granada. Just beat Zaragoza 1-0 away, pleased with that too.

Next up, Barcelona!

I'm going to play a 4-1-4-1 formation, but I can't see us scoring and can't see them not scoring :LOL:. So we'll see.

Good start there atleast in the league. Barcelona is probably going to rape you. LOL. Hopefully you can defend for your life.

I've started out great in my Europa League Third Qualifying Rd. I beat Gaz Metan at my place 7-1. Now going to there's.

Transfer spolier
In the off season I brought in Berbatov and Juan Pablo Carrizo on a free. And bought Toby Alderweireld, Stefan Radu and Vladimir Weiss. I made offers for Adebeyor and Adam Johnson that were accepted. Then a couple of weeks later they were cancelled. Not sure why. No explanation or anything. Gonna try and get them again. They were going for cheap.

ScreenShot2012-03-03at110854.png

ScreenShot2012-03-03at110933.png

A win is a win and I'll take that every time. They did the job I sent them out there to do.

Just reached the Jan. transfer window in the 2013/2014 season. I am sitting in 3rd place 5 points behind leaders Man City. I play them next match at their place. This is a huge match. I'm in the first knockout stage of the Europa League. I'm in the 4th round of the FA Cup.

That sucks man.

I'm holding strong with Man City and Man United. I'm in 3rd place 2 points behind them both and virtually even on goal difference. I'm in Feb now. Didn't bring any transfers in because I had no kitty left.

Very nice, keep it up. Have you ever won the Champions League with Fulham?

I've got Atletico playing better again, went back to the original formation I created, a 4-2-3-1, which I used in the first half of the first season and we've won back to back games scoring 7 and conceding 0. So I think I'll stick with it for now. Also got a deep 4-2-2-2 formation as a backup for when I play against better teams, i.e. Barcelona & Real Madrid.

Won 5 in a row now :LOL:. Crazy. I think I was overcomplicating things and maybe trying to be too intricate with my tactics, when in actual fact the first one I made seems to be a pretty good one.

Just finished 2nd season with Atletico. Finished 3rd again. The gap between Barca & Madrid, and everybody else is just ludicrous. I'll keep going though, just signed a new 3 year contract. Hopefully I'll get a nicer Champions League group next season too!

Very nice, keep it up. Have you ever won the Champions League with Fulham?

I've got Atletico playing better again, went back to the original formation I created, a 4-2-3-1, which I used in the first half of the first season and we've won back to back games scoring 7 and conceding 0. So I think I'll stick with it for now. Also got a deep 4-2-2-2 formation as a backup for when I play against better teams, i.e. Barcelona & Real Madrid.

I wont he Champions League in FM 11.

So I went a season with Hertha Berlin. I was happy, the expectations were to end safely in midtable, but we ended up in a fight for European spots, more specifically the 4th Champions League spot. (Keep in mind you get no money starting with Hertha, and my only signing was Maniche on a free transfer) So the second to last game of the season was upon us. My Berlin side visited Bayer Leverkusen. We were both on 51 points. And the following happens:

KAvY2.png

Needless to say, I was in rage during the whole second half.
I did manage to win the last game of the season, but So did Leverkusen and Schalke caught up to me during the game I lost to Leverkusen.

Hxhqu.png

QPq4Y.png

RtFmy.png

Now I am starting my second season in charge. I tried to get some defenders, Bassong was on loan from Tottenham (With an option to buy for a 2.5 million Euro fee.)and Brugge's Swede defenfer Almeback.

Maniche was gone as he is old and only had him for a year. He was disappointing, and from a previous game with Gimnastic Tarragona, I recalled Antonio Longas. So I went and got him for 2 million euros. He will be my creative player, while Ramos Lassoga and Rafael do the scoring.
Here is a screen cap of my current team.

hBR0G.jpg

Wish me luck, we have European spot expectations this season.

Good luck! Nice read, that was :)).

I decided to stay at Atlético in my game. We have started the new season, (2013/14), and are doing pretty good so far. Played 13 in La Liga and won 8, drawn 3 and lost 2. Puts us 3rd in the table, level on points with Barça, and we are both already 12 points behind Real Madrid...! They've won all 13 matches so far!

Doing much better in the Champions League this season, my group is Atlético, Man Utd, Sporting Lisbon and Hoffenheim. We beat Sporting at home but lost 2-1 at theirs, demolished Hoffenheim 7-0 at mine and got them left to play away. Man Utd smashed us 5-1 at theirs, I got tactics and team talks wrong so my fault. However at home I decided to keep my Control 4-2-3-1 formation, and demanded a lot more with the team talks. We won 2-1 and dominated the game! So barring a minor miracle we'll be through to the 1st Knockout Round!

Before the season started I made 2 signings, Dario Conca an AM from Argentina for £2.5M. And Moussa Sissoko, CM from Toulouse for £18M. Both have settled in and are playing very well.

Haha, I was going to go after Conca, but his wage 0.o

Do you play a more short game possession oriented as you'd expect from a spanish team or are you going a different direction?

I am trying to implement a possession oriented team in Berlin, but most of my players have good physical and mental attributes, but few have the good enough technical attributes for such a style.

So I am playing like Inter did under Mourinho (not the Barca games mind you) but with Longas as my poor mans Sneijder, Ramos as Milito and quick counters. Lell and Ebert have been great on the right.

I always find getting a team to play possession football is really hard outside of big teams. You have to get really specific, like telling them not to cross as much, so as to keep possession longer, and having DM press harder, as well as your striker.

Back
Top Bottom