Football Kingdom [PS2]

Man, that header...fantastic!!! and the way the player kicks the ball, the goal-keeper animations...that's brilliant! At least in the replay it's all perfect! I see Namco have the sence of things that really should be in a football game and i really think konami better start working hard to improve we.

when will you tell me if there are any euro04 stadiums??? Benfica's one at least...and are there any animations for substitutions and injuries?

Dont get to excited please. I think WE7I is waaaaaay better really.

The keeper AI is completly stupid sometimes. For example; sometimes you are approaching the goal on the left and you are dribbling to the right and then give a great shot. But the keeper is still at the left site!!!! He doesnt do this once in a match but more times!! Really frustrating....

Another thing: Sometimes we are moaning about WE that the players leg for example disappaers in the other player. Well look at Football Kingdom!! The players dissapaer complete in eachother.

What is good about FK?? Crossing and long balls are really good in this game. You can act like Beckham! Great feeling to give a Beckham ball over 40 yards to the other player! The players also runs good into the Free Space. As mentioned hundreds times before the Net Physics are amazing! Also you can chose about 50 boots!! The Boots arent that good, but he what if WE8 has 50 boots, that would be superd! As you can see, Konami can learn something of this game. I hope Konami realise that and will implent this great features into WE8, then We8 will be Superb!
For now FK is fun to play for some time but is far from the level of the WE series.

Cheers

ok guys
i have played my first match in football kingdom.
for me its a mix between arcade and simulation which is a great change to we7i for me personally.
i was kind of sick of the bad shooting animations in we7i and this game just doesnt give me the impression of bad shooting animations which is great.
also the tacklings look much better than in we7i.

graphics arent as nice as we7i but i am still satisfied. animations look more fluid and also faster than we7i which must not be a great thing but as i said they are a welcome change for me here.

gamespeed is good.
as i said shooting looks great in my opinion.
long passes and crosses look superb as do short passes.

keepers seem a bit too good but i have just played one game so far however i havent noticed any misbehavior of the keepers like GFK noticed.

what can i say more...let me think...
jflores will be satisfied with the game as i am so far.
remember this is the first title in this series thats why its called "trial edition".

for a first effort i think its great.
it beats FIFA 2004 and TIF 2004 altogether by far and for me it is a welcome change to we7i.

i will play on and learn the controls.
i hope someone releases an english patch for this game too as jap as usual is too complicated for me ;) ...

i will post more thoughts when i have played a few more matches.

cya

cappz8 said:
what can i say more...let me think...
jflores will be satisfied with the game as i am so far.

Thanks for the info mate.. :D

It's well appreciated. ;)

If you can, please post some movies for me.

Play-asia has not shipped my order yet :x
Some movies would keep me excited until I get the game.

Thanks,
JFlo

Man flores, I would have a 1ooo movies for you already but none of the shit like PowerVCR works on my comp...

Says I'm missing some mpeg codes and shit. Nothin will run.

I have more programs like that, they all crush... :(

jumbo said:
Man flores, I would have a 1ooo movies for you already but none of the shit like PowerVCR works on my comp...

Says I'm missing some mpeg codes and shit. Nothin will run.

I have more programs like that, they all crush... :(

Jumbo,

That's alright. I really appreciate the thought.

Next time though, get your sh*t together and be ready. :mrgreen:

ok i have kept on doing free training for the last one and a half hour to find out the controls of this game.
you can set up a few different camera angles as well with zoom options too.
penalty kicks are great in my opinion and i think they are superior to we7i in both handling and animations of kicker and keeper.

i will post more info as soon as possible...

edit:
comparing football kingdom to we7i is wrong in my opinion even though namco has obviously stolen a lot of little things from the konami series.
however football kingdom is a completely different gaming experience as i have mentioned earlier its a mix of the arcade world and simulation world...
also you have more time in midfield to think and create chances than in we7i which might be cos i am playing on "normal" difficulty i dont know.
still this game is heavy fun to play for now...
cya

By next week, I hope. I don't to play this fuckin backup coz it's laser consuming...

Oh and Cappz8, I agree with you on the PK's. They awesome and very hard to put in!

I play on the default camera, 2nd nearest zoom.

the 2 companys should work together to create the perfect football game. ;)

MrCoopz said:
Wank game
this statement just doesnt make any sense, coopz. c'mon i know you regret this one.

let me give you one advice. do not approach and evaluate this game with we7i in your mind. in other words, do not compare them.
football kingdom is a completely different attempt towards a football video game. its based on fun factor rather than what we7i tries to do.
i am really sick of playing we7i and this one is a welcome change...

gameplay is convincing, graphics are ok and animations and movements are superior in my opinon to we7i.

i still rate we7i higher than football kingdom cos i am used to we7i.
so i score both games the following:
we7i: 9/10
football kingdom: 8.5/10

i hope these scores keep you all rather calm than heated up.
thanks...
ps: you have got to admit, the animations are simply superior to we7i...

jflores said:
ClassicD said:
You need to go cool off before you say something which you might regret, you're becoming a bit aggressive over a football videogame.

I have been cool all along. Your the one making threats here. As if I should be sooooo scared of you.

As I said in my previous post. Your a negative, hypocrate mate. And that is my personal opinion/perception of you. You can either respect this or not. That is your choice.

I'm done.......

;)

i think classicD is also a very negative person, (as i said in another thread) its no offence you cant help who you are

cappz8 said:
MrCoopz said:
Wank game
this statement just doesnt make any sense, coopz. c'mon i know you regret this one.

let me give you one advice. do not approach and evaluate this game with we7i in your mind. in other words, do not compare them.
football kingdom is a completely different attempt towards a football video game. its based on fun factor rather than what we7i tries to do.
i am really sick of playing we7i and this one is a welcome change...

gameplay is convincing, graphics are ok and animations and movements are superior in my opinon to we7i.

i still rate we7i higher than football kingdom cos i am used to we7i.
so i score both games the following:
we7i: 9/10
football kingdom: 8.5/10

i hope these scores keep you all rather calm than heated up.
thanks...
ps: you have got to admit, the animations are simply superior to we7i...

I agree.

The game's good, just enjoy it..

jumbo said:
I couldn't find a translation for this word. What does it mean?
to wank means doing dirty things with your hand in the lower area of your body if you know what i mean.
so to claim a video game to be "wank" could also mean it is so damn hot and sexy that you have to...well, you know what i mean :mrgreen:

btw. i agree with the thought that evoweb should have a "football kingdom" forum for all the people who like to talk about and discuss this game.

before i forget it, jumbo, do you think we could elaborate on the controls of this game a bit? just exchange tricks etc.?

cappz8 said:
jumbo said:
I couldn't find a translation for this word. What does it mean?
to wank means doing dirty things with your hand in the lower area of your body if you know what i mean.
so to claim a video game to be "wank" could also mean it is so damn hot and sexy that you have to...well, you know what i mean :mrgreen:

btw. i agree with the thought that evoweb should have a "football kingdom" forum for all the people who like to talk about and discuss this game.

before i forget it, jumbo, do you think we could elaborate on the controls of this game a bit? just exchange tricks etc.?

Lol, if the game makes him get off then it must be damn hot indeed... :mrgreen:

i wish i could exchange tricks but i don't know any. :D

in title screen you can see "trial version", maybe a beta or press release ?

that s would explain the long load time like on the beta of pes3

Milanista said:
page 14 or 15 has videos that i posted, check back man. :roll:

yeah i have seen them already.. i meant -new- videos..

can you upload more? :roll: :)

ok guys
i have played a lot more training and spend most of the time trying to figure out the basic controls and special tricks etc.
here's what i come up with so far:

R1 = run fast

R2= if you run without holding R1 and press R2 twice the player will pull off a fake run into the direction you press the LAS. pressing R2 once will result in the player to just stop and let you only move the yellow circle before him with the LAS. while standing, pressing and holding R2 and pressing back and fore on the LAS and then releasing R2 and moving forward will result in the player "flipping the ball over his head" trick move, the one jay-jay okocha made famous.
also pressing R2 while shooting will cancel the shot but not with a shotfake like in we7i unfortunately.

L1 = seems to give you control over teammate nearby, you can run into open space with him and then pass to him with either short pass, through pass or cross. this is probably the "free run" control.

L2 = while running with or without R1 pressing L2 and forward makes the player slow down and pull off a movement which players do usually just before pulling out trick moves in real life, look at what Christiano Ronaldo does before pulling off his special stepover dribblings and you you know what i mean.
pressing L2 and sidewards or back will result in the player doing the aforementioned christiano ronaldo stepover dribblings as long until you release the L2 button.
while doing the stepovers pressing R2 and a direction and at the same time releasing L2 will result in a very cool move where the player lets the ball roll under his foot and take it again after faking to take the ball with the other foot. something ronaldinho does in real life i believe but not the "one and only" ronaldinho move, another one he can do quiet well.

L2+L1 = the player falls down to get the freekick. a fake foul which in real life most referees punish with the yellow card.

ok guys thats what i have figured out so far.
now what i want to know is:

1. how can you do a simple one-two pass like in we7i?
2. how do you let the ball through the legs to the player behind you after a pass? like holding R1 in we7i.
3. how can you lob shot?
4. is there something like the high through pass in we7i? like when pressing L1 and through pass in we7i.
5. is there a way to pull of a fake shot? like shoot and x in we7i.

if somebody has an answer please respond ;)

ok i am off to play more of this beautiful game.
cya

Back
Top Bottom