Football Kingdom [PS2]

I managed to do 2 or 3 lobs using the cross button. Wait for the aiming dot (yellow) to reach the goal then release it. Ive done a fake shot before but that was holding L2. I have no idea how he did it.

Milanista said:
I managed to do 2 or 3 lobs using the cross button. Wait for the aiming dot (yellow) to reach the goal then release it. Ive done a fake shot before but that was holding L2. I have no idea how he did it.
thanks. maybe we can figure every move out in the near future.
just let us share our knowledge in this thread.
ps:
another question:
i have somehow managed to make the one player at the freekick fake the shot and let the other one shoot. i dont know how i did it...anyone?

cappz8 said:
while standing, pressing and holding R2 and pressing back and fore on the LAS and then releasing R2 and moving forward will result in the player "flipping the ball over his head" trick move, the one jay-jay okocha made famous.

:shock: wow great to hear that move is in the game... i love it!

ibo said:
:shock: wow great to hear that move is in the game... i love it!
yes its in the game but it could have been animated better, it looks too magical :mrgreen: i bet they put it in very late in the develop process at least thats how it looks like, still its not that ugly.

cappz8 cant you record it and put it online? sorry to be unpatient :roll:

cappz8 said:
another question:
i have somehow managed to make the one player at the freekick fake the shot and let the other one shoot. i dont know how i did it...anyone?
cool i can quote myself here. i have figured it out:
holding L2 while pressing shoot will make the player fake the shot and let the other one take it.

cappz8 said:
sorry i dont have either a tv card for my pc nor a digi cam or something...

no problem mate.. its enough to know its in the game ;)

when you fake a foul do you ever get a yellow card? that would be nice!!!

and again...any euro04 portuguese stadiums???

cappz8 said:
Milanista said:
thanks. maybe we can figure every move out in the near future.
just let us share our knowledge in this thread.
ps:
another question:

Before shooting, Hold L1!!!! Its really cool!!!

Edit - just saw your post lol, L1 works too anyway.

Milanista said:
Before shooting, Hold L1!!!! Its really cool!!!
Edit - just saw your post lol, L1 works too anyway.
cool, L1 works too.
thx man
i am just playing brazil vs argentina (cpu normal), man this game has finally fouls by the cpu i even got a penalty.
and not too many goals too.
its great so far!

The goalies are abit dumb. When the ball is in the area with NO strikers and NO defenders at all, they dont go and grab the ball, they watch.

Milanista said:
The goalies are abit dumb. When the ball is in the area with NO strikers and NO defenders at all, they dont go and grab the ball, they watch.
really? havent had such a situation so far.
anyway, this is the first title in the series, they cant have AI like we7i...

I like this game, but i still love WE.

has anyone managed to get club teams yet?

btw cappz try the moves in training mode, you can practice free kicks and corners. Ive scored a few curling corners already :D

cappz8 said:
MrCoopz said:
Wank game
this statement just doesnt make any sense, coopz. c'mon i know you regret this one.

let me give you one advice. do not approach and evaluate this game with we7i in your mind. in other words, do not compare them.
football kingdom is a completely different attempt towards a football video game. its based on fun factor rather than what we7i tries to do.
i am really sick of playing we7i and this one is a welcome change...

Na i dont regret it

there is some stuff that WE could do with i admit that but i dont see the point in bringing another footy game out which cant match WE/PES

and how can i not compare to WE/PES? Its a football game and when i play it i want it to feel and look like a real game. WE/PES comes closest to this so every other football game has to be compared to it

MrCoopz said:
Na i dont regret it

there is some stuff that WE could do with i admit that but i dont see the point in bringing another footy game out which cant match WE/PES

and how can i not compare to WE/PES? Its a football game and when i play it i want it to feel and look like a real game. WE/PES comes closest to this so every other football game has to be compared to it
i didnt want to offend you coopz, you know that.

if you dont like the game its ok.
i like it.
and i have played 3 games now on normal difficulty.
won all 3 but it was a good challenge.

the best is, i dont see any cheating CPU bastards running all over field like mice on ecstasy that you see in we7i on 5 stars.

and i have now discovered a whole new aspect of football kingdom:
THE FLOW OF A FOOTBALL MATCH.

does anyone agree here?
the game delivers so much opportunities in offense and at the same time it "flows" like a real football match.

try a little stepover and fake dribbling move with ronaldinho when challenging a defender and he will most likely tackle you down ending up with a freekick for you.

what a game!

when will you tell me if there are any euro04 stadiums??? Benfica's one at least...and are there any animations for substitutions and injuries? you get yellow cards for faking fouls?

Lol, I just got beat by Holland 1:3 on Normal, playing as Turkey.

I have no problems beating weaker teams on Normal, but it's pretty hard against the good ones like Brazil, Holland, Spain, Germany, etc.

Good game overall. After 1 day of playin I'm satisfied.

I feel like on crack. I'm all dizzy and shit and when I got off the floor (i lay on the floor while playin), I couldn't walk. My back hurt like a mother.

I've been doing those step-overs all day. They're really nice. You can't dribble like that in WE. Lol, you can't dribble in WE. Those stepovers and shit are only for show. The only thing that works for me in WE is the roulette.

Here, you can pull off some nice shlt.

The only thing that I can't stand are the loading times in the goddamn Edit mode.

Anyone know how to unlock the club teams? I won the Namco Cup and nothing.

Maybe you gotta beat the Kingdom Mode to unloack them teams....

Soundtracker said:
when will you tell me if there are any euro04 stadiums??? Benfica's one at least...and are there any animations for substitutions and injuries? you get yellow cards for faking fouls?

No, doesn't look it. I don't think there's any Portugese stadium in the game at all.

Yeah, there are animations for subs. Haven't gotten injured yet. Haven't tried taking a foul yet. 8)

this game is amazing!! although the japanese menus are a problem.

Hope there will be patches for this game in the near future.

Peace out!!

hubneo said:
in title screen you can see "trial version", maybe a beta or press release ?

that s would explain the long load time like on the beta of pes3

Nah it was explained somewhere, "Trial Version" is the name of the game.

From IGN:

The "Trial Edition" part of the title, incidentally, is not to mean that this is just a demo. Namco is merely calling it "Trial Edition" to mark the game as the company's return to soccer game development.

I don't know why anyone would be negative about this game having played it. Ok, i know it's not up to the simulation level of WE but as a first attempt it's fucking awesome. There are lots of nice touches, i've seen about 4 or 5 in my first game, like a volleyed clearance, Gudjonson rolling the ball with his studs, and some love first time control. Ok the player models are really rubbish, but it totally blows everthing except WE/PES out of the water.

Has anyone managed to save a replay to the memory card yet? If i can work that out then i'll create some videos.

wow, it seems there are a lot of moves and suprises that I haven't seen yet. The Jay Jay flick sounds the best ;) . Just a suggestion about loading times, I will put the game on a DVD-R and see if the game loads quicker. I'll report my findings. This game is causing a lot of arguments between ardent WE fans, who won't accept anything else than Konamis offerings and gamers who just like to play and can see the fun in this game. There's no point in arguing about it. If you like this game, then play it. If not, then don't and wait for WE8 and continue with WE7I. A lot of people will do both. I also think it would be a good idea to have a Football kingdom Forum, but let's not forget this is "Evo-Web - Pro Evolution Soccer, Winning Eleven and ISS fans all over the world" so I don't know whether Football Kingdom could be added to that.

played the game last night, i must say i'm quite surprised. it's better than i expected. some pros and cons so far:

+ good flow of the game
+ the annoying yellow aiming marker can be turned off
+ 16 running directions
+ good animations (eg. keeper) that connect well most of the time
+ nice goal nets
+ automatic in-game replay: ability to move the camera around the player in 16 steps, 3 angles, zoom in/out
+ offside replay: a yellow line moving with the last player, when the ball is played, the line turns red
+ players and ball feel quite solid
+ nice tricks to pull off with R1, L2
+ analog passing and crossing
+ short substitution animation
+ animations for bookings, animations for warnings!
+ linesman offside animation
+ more in-game statistics (assists/goals of the player that scored, both involved persons of a foul shown etc.)
+ good commentary flow, says a lot of names too
+ more exciting penalty system, not as static as in WE
+ no obvious (game balance) bugs yet

- overall too fast
- graphics overall not as good as we (models, textures, stadia)
- players slightly float over the pitch
- goal replay: 16 steps, 3 angles also, replay runs in a loop (no pause)
- shooting could be better (eg. low powerful shots)
- keepers maybe too good on the line
- 'offside', 'time up' shown on screen
- headers seem too easy
- crowd interaction is sparse
- only 3 zoom modes, 3 height angles, the angle-feature from WE is missing
- short celebration sequence when winning a cup
- only about 8 player values (0-100)

overall, it's not as arcady as i thought, i didn't score many goals, and that was on normal difficulty. FK does a lot of important things right that i always missed in WE, esp. the analog passing and crossing. where in WE the border between having the ball and not having it seems too strict, FK feels more open, the transition is more gentle.

if WE is 9, i'd give Football Kingdom a solid 8. it's definitely the second best football game out there, and a solid base to build a real contender for WE on.

so, fairplay please™!

;)

I dont see why you are all so statisfied with the game. I find this game not that good. I agree with MrCoopz.
The keepers are horrible! The never seem to move. For example If you give a cross from the left corner to the goal. The keeper will always be standing almost next to the Goal. He wont move to the centre of the goal but will just stands next to the goal. I am having this all the time! Maybe its a difficulty thing? I dont think so.
Although the keeper has some nice animations I must admit. But its a shame the keeper is behaving so strange...
The Crossing with triangle also seems very obvious, sometimes I held it very short and you get a fucking hard cross but next time you will have a veryyy slow cross! Is it me again??
The players are moving a bit as a pain in the arse. Its all a bit woody :)
Noo I am not very statisfied with this game. If WE had a 9 I would give FK a 7... sa far!
I will play more games see if my opinion changes, but I dont think so.

BTW I do admit Konami can learn something of this game.

Cheers

hmmm nice reviews u all got there....
some seem to loved it a lot... and some dont..

i dun have a PS2 but im sure i wld like WE better than this.. looking at the videos so far.... it seems like the animation and the fluidity of the game is kinda weak compared to WE's animation..

the only thing that impress me the most is the net animation of course...

i wld love Konami to have this similar impressive net animation on the next series. watver it is, im hoping some of my frens might buy FK soon so that i can check it out myself...

but watver it is.... all i can say is that.. its much much much much better than the OTHER *cough cough soccer game dont u think? heheh

[WE > PES] > FK > ISS >>>>>>>>>>> FIFA

maybe if i leaned these skill moves i would like it more

Also why does the keeper never catch a shot he always punchs it out at the same angle everytime

Back
Top Bottom