Fight Night Round 4 (PS3/360)

Yeah in Tiger Woods you render a face from front/side pics you either upload to the EA servers then download into your 360 or capture directly using the 360 camera, once in game you then can adjust it further with sliders :)

Here's my Tiger Woods gameface:

dscn0980k.jpg

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Xbox360/Sport/Boxing/~r416070/FightNightRound4/

frightnight.jpg

T&Cs: UK ONLY. Limited Offer while stocks last. Customers who have already preordered this product will also receive the bonus item. Your code will be emailed to you in time to play the demo on 14th May. You will need access to Xbox Live (Silver or above) or PlayStation Network in order to download your demo. Please ensure your email address in Your Account is valid.

Don't pre order just to get a demo

Wait until the day after and get it for free then find the game cheaper elsewhere

Yeah I'm sure the demo will be on Usenet/http, I don't believe there is any kind of enforceable legality issues to share a demo, just because it was given preferentially to those who pre-ordered.

I'm not sure if I'll pre-order or just grab it from a store here, will be more expensive in Sweden but then I'd know I get it on the release day rather than waiting for some UK store to dispatch it.

I must say that I'm not that impressed after watching the Cam: Cotto Vs. Chavez Round 1 Gameplay HD over at gametrailers. It doesn't look shit, but there is no power in the punches, don't you think?

i bet they take the money first

Coopz you have to know how to beat they system. By reading the Gamestation FAQ you can see that under the pre-orders section they state that 'no money will be taken out of your account until one week prior to the release of the game or product.' So since Fight Night Round 4 is not out until 26th June and the demo is out on 14th May I will obviously be canceling my order once I have received my key on the specified date. :JAY:

haha in that first KO the punch didn't even hit him

I think it looks more arcadey than simulation with all that ducking and weaving going on

I'm going to repeat myself and say the punches looks incredible weak. In ufc there seem to be much more realistic power/speed in them. The engine looks impressive otherwise.

Graphically it looks great but gameplay wise it looks weird. It's as if when they made the animations they motion capped someone punching at thin air or at a punching bag.

Also the animation of the punches look like the arm is limp and only the hand is being moved. It's hard to explain but if you imagine getting a 3D character model in front of you, then you click on the hand and move it about the arm would follow it. That's how the animation of the punches looks like here, as if they moved the hand around frame by frame until it was at the maximum reach and ignored the arms.

Graphically it looks incredible, Gameplay looks ok but it just seems a slugfest really, if someone just runs at you you can't really counter it other than do the same. Will have to wait for the demo but first impressions are good.

The walkthrough videos clearly showed that build has some problems with collision detection, the producers proudly showed the Ali uppercut that knocked down Tyson yet you can see no contact at all, also when you see a boxer throw a punch there is no visible impact on the arm, in reality when a punch connects you should see not only flesh/muscle being affected in the recipients face but also in the arm that landed the punch.

That said of course the game is looking bloody great and I can't wait to get my hands on it ;)

The IGN off camera videos were disappointing, really not interested in watching a room ;) So I decided to crop out the footage, upscale to faux HD and upload to youtube: YouTube - Fight Night Round 4 IGN Foreman v Frazier Cam HD

The short answer is "using TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress", but if you're meaning the specifics of what I said, basically I take the cropped videos, which are now 372x252 then in TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress I convert them to 1280x720@4000kbps which is technically HD video, upload to Youtube and you get the HD button :)

Thanks, I just googled it and...

TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress. Only $99.95

Oh well lol.

-

I've just seen movie maker has an option when you publish for 'hd' and xbox 360 hd' and they're set at 1280x720 so maybe that will work.

Well there are plenty of apps that will crop, some that will merge 3 clips into one, some that will do the upscaling, I personally use TMPGEnc as it does all three in one which makes it ideal for this kind of thing :)

p4pvidicon.gif

Saw someone using that as an avatar on the fight night forums, shows how Ali was crazy good in his prime, 4 very fast jabs and a right cross and his head movement makes them all miss :)

Of course I'm assuming it's Ali on the right, looks like him facially, correct shorts and stance so hopefully my boxing knowledge won't be embarrassed by someone saying "no it's......" ;)

Back
Top Bottom