FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

Wow, most under-whelming team in a final for ages.

Genuinely, have Argentina looked 'good' in a match so far in the World Cup?

Congrats to them for grinding their way there, but good lord it's dull. Football should be as much about trying to score goals as keeping the opposition out.

Last edited:

Wouldn't been much better with the Dutch team which would've reached the final with two shoot-outs and quite boring play. Like I said after the Spain match, it was Spain that sucked thoroughly in the second half and not Netherlands that were good. Ironically that's the only half Netherlands haven't been utter shite this WC.

Genuinely, have Argentina looked 'good' in a match so far in the World Cup?

Congrats to them for grinding their way there, but good lord it's dull. Football should be as much about trying to score goals as keeping the opposition out.

Whatever it takes to win. Argentina have it. I fancy them for the final.

Also notice that there was no fucking around from Romero, a proper sportsman. At least in this case, I don't know him well enough last few years to say much about his general standard.

Cillessen tried some "Krul" fucking around but was stopped by the ref, luckily.

Mixed emotions for me in the final. In one hand, I would love for a European team to win in South America, but Germany is by far the one team that I wouldn't like to see lift the trophy. Plus, if Argentina wins this, Messi surely will win the Ballon d'Or, despite having take the foot of the gas for the WC and the amazing season of CR7.

Well... let the football gods decide.

it's funny how everyone is waiting Argentina to win the WC just to prove Messi is the best in the history, when he didn'teven show a great level in this WC.
they give him credits for everything the team achieves.
in fact, he was poor in most of the games and yet those funny people still consider him the one who led the team to what they've done.

anywas, justice is when Germany wins this trophy. They're by far the best team in the world.

Statistically he has created more goal chances than any other player in the WC (20 or 21 now) and scored 4 (or was it 3?)

Wouldn't say he's been poor but he hasn't been fantastic, but that's also quite difficult with two-three men on him at all times.

Messi was poor for Messi standard. He's was decisive in the first four games. In the first three with goals, and in the Switzerland with an amazing play and assist. The last two wasn't so good.

@ZeroTheHero & @andy18cruz

I agree, but there's at least 5 german players who did a better WC than him, so it would be fair to see one of them coronated with MVP of the tournament.

but, you know, everybody neglects every player and only concentrate on Messi, if he just make an assist, oh yeah let's give him man of the match, and screw the other players.

Statistically he has created more goal chances than any other player in the WC (20 or 21 now) and scored 4 (or was it 3?)

Wouldn't say he's been poor but he hasn't been fantastic, but that's also quite difficult with two-three men on him at all times.

Like most great players this WC. Shitty excuse. Especially being the world s greatest player.

Like most great players this WC. Shitty excuse. Especially being the world s greatest player.

that's what am talking about, he's supposed to be one of the greatest, yet, he didn't excell, remember Romario and Baggio in 94, that's what we call a great exceptional performance, also Zidane 98, Ronaldo 2002. You can't compare Messi 2014 to 25% of what they've done.

in this WC, Bryan Ruiz was more brilliant than messi.

He got them out of the group stage, that's good enough for me. I don't even like the guy.

Thats true. argentina definitely floats on Messi. Which is why I want Germany to win it all and not just out of spite. It's a better team in a team sport. Except for Ozil. Ozil is Ozil. :COOL:

I can't wait to see LVG work his magic w/ Nani- Mata- Rooney .... Comparing how well he had Robben-RVP -Huntelaar playing:)

messi_maradona_1080.jpg

If Argentina wins it would utterly complete the Brazilian humiliation...

Not such much for the fact that they are our rivals, but it would be really bad if this German team don't win this shit after what they did to us.

Also, why do you guys hate this Brazilian team so much? Since the start of this tourney we took Barcelona's spot as the most hated team around here. Perhaps it's the poor refereeing we had in the opening match but isn't that overreacting?

Or is it something not only related to this team but our nation overall? Gerd had a post in which he display his despise for our president and even silly stuff as the 'thing' we did during the anthem (they kept singing it, was that it?)

I'm not offended at all. I mean, I'm well aware of this country reputation, but this got me thinking about it for a while.

Back
Top Bottom