FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

This is cautious football ... Someone says Özil doesn't play w/ energy. I just saw Messi dog walking around and only do spot sprinting! Brilliant players don't need to run endlessly it helps I know. Messi hardly even looks at the ball being passed around him.

Yes, Messi does spot sprinting and can decide games that way. Özil didn't even do that, that's the problem. If we wouldn't have Mustafi, he would have been the worst player of our team during this WC. And I don't blame Mustafi completely, he has no experience at that level, his nomination was a big mistake by Löw, that could've ended badly. From Özil though I expected much, much more and I don't see any reason to not prefer Schürrle over him for the starting formation of our team.

@beachryan do you know or even interest yourself in football at all?
I'm just wondering because a lot of your comments shows sign of lack of knowledge and interest unless there's two stretched teams and gung-ho football. There also haven't been a whole lot of feign injuries in this match, so there's that as well.

Nope, no interest whatsoever. Not even sure what this World Cup is all about. How can you fit the world in a cup?

I'm basing my view on the whole tournament, not just the first half. Argentina essentially didn't play football for the last half of the Belgium match. Must have wasted 30 minutes of that half. And throughout they've just stifled teams, hoping for a chance from free kick or what not. All of their matches have been like this. They have some genuine class in their team, but aren't turning it into great football.

That's fine, more than one way to skin a cat, but I'm just disappointed. Would hope a world cup winning team would show more ambition. Same reason I didn't like the Spanish win at the last WC.

Really impressed with Vlaar. Amazing is control over the match. His anticipation in this game has been perfect.

Nope, no interest whatsoever. Not even sure what this World Cup is all about. How can you fit the world in a cup?

I'm basing my view on the whole tournament, not just the first half. Argentina essentially didn't play football for the last half of the Belgium match. Must have wasted 30 minutes of that half. And throughout they've just stifled teams, hoping for a chance from free kick or what not. All of their matches have been like this. They have some genuine class in their team, but aren't turning it into great football.

That's fine, more than one way to skin a cat, but I'm just disappointed. Would hope a world cup winning team would show more ambition. Same reason I didn't like the Spanish win at the last WC.

I guess you've chosen to ignore the fact that most teams have played 5-man defenses against Argentina... and Argentina learned a valuable lesson last WC.

Sabella just wasted Enzo on the sides. He's a beast on the middle, and was the only one who had constructed something in this game, when he came to a central position.

If Argentine will win this game, will be despite Sabella's tactics. The've the game on their hands, just too afraid to grab it.

Back
Top Bottom