FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

Lukas: if I had to take a wild guess, a large part of it is that most Western European and North American nations can't comprehend football can possibly mean THAT much to a country. At the end of the day, most of us will "go home" and say.. "whatever, it's all we had to worry about". Obviously problems in Brazil run much deeper and football is a pleasant distraction from the state of affairs, especially when things go well. We may never understand how important the sport truly is to a nation like yours and to be frank.. That's probably where a lot of the contempt and misunderstandings come from.... Imho of course.

Not such much for the fact that they are our rivals, but it would be really bad if this German team don't win this shit after what they did to us.

Also, why do you guys hate this Brazilian team so much? Since the start of this tourney we took Barcelona's spot as the most hated team around here. Perhaps it's the poor refereeing we had in the opening match but isn't that overreacting?

Or is it something not only related to this team but our nation overall? Gerd had a post in which he display his despise for our president and even silly stuff as the 'thing' we did during the anthem (they kept singing it, was that it?)

I'm not offended at all. I mean, I'm well aware of this country reputation, but this got me thinking about it for a while.

I also felt astonished about it, such hatred pouring from this people.
A guy few posts ago called the president Dilma a hooker, another guy said the shooting and murders would start after yesterday´s game and another one said only drug dealers and thugs lived in favelas.
really sad many of you have this cliche view about Brasil. Very ignorant if you ask me.

I will be rooting for Argentina sunday! Vamos hermanos!

Last edited:
Tears. Yells. Euphoria. Excitement. 24 yeard. I wasn't even born since the last time we went through quarter finals and now the prophecy goes on, and we are back at a World Cup Final. I still cannot believe it.

Our style of play has definitely not been the best, mostly due to our manager (I keep saying that we've reached this stage in spite of Sabella rather than thanks to him), but I think that if there is something I have to recognize from this Argentina is their determination and their hunger for glory. Despite not being favourites against Belgium and Holland (which we clearly weren't), they left everything on the pitch, as we say around here, and most importantly, without cheating. Tell me one time when an Argentine dive was called on.

My total respects to Javier Alejandro Mascherano. He fought every single ball as if it were the last. And the actual last was a was the most magical slide tackle I have ever seen. We won't be able to see a player like this in the future.

EDIT: I just heard that after that slide tackle, and please don't make jokes on this, Mascherano tore his anus open because of the stretch. I can't imagine the pain he has been feeling since then.

Last edited:
Wow, most under-whelming team in a final for ages.

Genuinely, have Argentina looked 'good' in a match so far in the World Cup?

Congrats to them for grinding their way there, but good lord it's dull. Football should be as much about trying to score goals as keeping the opposition out.

So you do see it...strange.
That is the way your favourite team has been playing for years under Ferguson.
Granted they were more exciting than this Argentina, because very often they were goals down. this Argentina team never has been a goal down in this tournament.

I think it's pretty obvious that in the end the final will be contested by the two strongest teams.

To the Brazilian fans Ernesto and lukas.

You never heard the saying jealousy makes you nasty? ;)

You guys have 5 world cups and historically played football you could only be envious about. Sure some of the comments have been way offside and people tend to overreact on the Internet but I doubt there is truly hatred there.

Trust me I support barca and the amount of bias comments about my team are hurtful but its part of being a fan.

Not such much for the fact that they are our rivals, but it would be really bad if this German team don't win this shit after what they did to us.

Also, why do you guys hate this Brazilian team so much? Since the start of this tourney we took Barcelona's spot as the most hated team around here. Perhaps it's the poor refereeing we had in the opening match but isn't that overreacting?

Or is it something not only related to this team but our nation overall? Gerd had a post in which he display his despise for our president and even silly stuff as the 'thing' we did during the anthem (they kept singing it, was that it?)

I'm not offended at all. I mean, I'm well aware of this country reputation, but this got me thinking about it for a while.

I didn't say that out of spite or hatred, I said it because I believe it's true. If Argentina wins the WC in Rio it will sprinkle salt the the gaping wound that is Brazil at the moment.

I don't hate Brazil but I'm not going to tip toe around the subject that your team sucks either. I've said it since day one that this team would struggle to qualify from the group stages without the help from the referee's and I was right. The first match they weren't allowed and able to tackle the opponents out of their socks, they went on a howler for the history books.

Don't mistake facts and honesty for hatred, it's pitiful. Don't forget that Brazilians have generally criticized and belittled every other team on the planet that has played rough and predictable long ball football and claimed that "joga bonito" is the only proper way to play football, the Brazilian way to play, and yet resorting to primitive measures isn't below them after all. I think that's pathetic but it isn't hate. The only rage I've had is mainly towards the referee's in these matches, it's not Brazil's fault that they weren't able to officiate properly against them.

On the bright side, Neymar has turned into a world beater since he joined Barcelona. He was also much better than expected in this tournament. A better balanced team with less offensive minded central defenders and smarter side backs and a better composed midfield could've easily turned this Brazil tragedy around. I believe there are players available currently that could and should've been called up and created a proper Brazilian football team that would've amazed and enthralled the world with their football. I still don't think they'd won the WC but I think we all can agree that Brazil would've been better off with a fun team that lost "normally" than a poor team that struglled until they finally got annihilated.

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Proverbs 16: 18-19

Also note that I generally write about qand criticize the teams that I actually like. I generally don't bother with teams I don't like, with a few exceptions. I like Brazil, I like Barcelona and I absolutely love Argentina... three teams that hasn't been particularly praiseworthy the last six months...

Last edited:
Statistically he has created more goal chances than any other player in the WC (20 or 21 now) and scored 4 (or was it 3?)

Wouldn't say he's been poor but he hasn't been fantastic, but that's also quite difficult with two-three men on him at all times.

Very true!
Messi is absolutely outstanding, no question.

But this will be the tactics, Germany might go for.
Holland did that quite well yesterday, but even Argentina managed it not to let Robben come into play, except for that one chance.

These two players are the engine, the heart in that teams imo.

Comparing the quality of the players I think Germany has better options.
Messi is unexpendable for Argentina, Higuain is dangerous too, but then who´s left for a creative offense?
Di Maria is injured and Agüero´s form is not the best.
Lavezzi had quite a good game, yeah and Palacio gave good assists.

But comparing that to Müller (topform in this WC), Klose, Schürrle, Götze, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, Lahm, Neuer etc.

There is a difference imo.

But hey, anything can happen, you never know :).

I think the Germans will make it though.

Don't bother, this is the internet+football+videogames forum. People will overreact and hide behind anonymity.

A couple of posts ago I said its probably not personal and I stick to it, people are lazy and are not really interested in meeting real people and then get the facts.

Also its likely some of these guys gabe moni to a br in a nerd game and thats the image they have of us hu3 :P

I'm goin to assume that it wasn't aimed at me then.

I'd also like to add that there's nothing comparable between this Brazil team and Barcelona except the fact that they share some players. Barcelona get shit for refusing to take advantage of their overwhelming pressure in a decent way, Brazil got shit for being shit.

Last edited:
Its not, I'm saying its not personal.

evo-web has always been like this, heck football fans have always been like this, blind fanatics that tend to go with extreme passion or extreme hate.

But deep down they just see football, they don't really want a nation, or a certain group to burn, they are saying that with football glasses.

Do you feel like you are one of those? I don't, you even explained the post that lukas quoted.

But you also have to understand the original post was open to interpretation and lukas had the right to read the way he did.

edit: Hey after your edit I'm starting to think you are, look at these terms, Barcelona got shit Brazil got shit? Really? Shit? That's to extreme, like Tim Krul is 'fucking' around? Is he really 'fucking' around? Or is this just a 'fucking' game, strong terms like this give people the wrong idea.

Last edited:
It's quite clear that it's more personal than you let off or you wouldn't bother commenting in the first place. If you want it sugarcoated, it's fine by me.

"Brazil weren't especially good in this tournament and were really, really lucky with the referee's prior to the Germany match".

Mind you that I like Brazil and generally enjoyed watching their football so don't you fucking dare bring up that "haters gonna hate" shit because that's the most ignorant fucking defense in a discussion ever made up.

--------------

As for "entertaining football" in general I don't judge Argentina as harsh because there are perfectly viable reasons to play carefully against The Netherlands. Also, considering the fact that they only managed a single shot on target in 90 minutes tells me that the Dutch were pretty fucking cynical themselves. Argentina at least had a few decent attempts at goal. Argentina has also been defensively solid without being over the top rough in this tournament, in other words they haven't played dirty and they've hardly had any yellow cards as a result. I also don't expect Messi to constantly amaze me with fantastic football as long as the opposition stomps him in every duel, mark him with two-three men and burger-squeezes him in most instances. I do think Argentina could possibly take advantage of the space those people harassing Messi leaves behind though. They also need to take better care of their chances, they could easily won 3-0 against Belgium and should've won 2-0 against The Netherlands. These are coincidences that would've changed the perception of Argentina among those who isn't particularly interested in football unless it's gung-ho. Most people doesn't seem to be aware of the fact that offensive entertainment comes mainly through material superiority (better players) or tactical superiority.

I've criticized Spain, Chelsea and barcelona for being cynical when they don't need to. I've never criticized England or Italy for being cynical against better opposition. I've criticized teams who doesn't even try to score goals though, and The Netherlands didn't even try yesterday. 1 shot on target tells that story pretty obviously, and it was a long shot from Robben in extra time.

You may disagree with my assessments, which is fine, but I base my views on a little more than a whimsy feeling.

Last edited:
Breitner giving a very valuable lesson in ESPN Brasil last year.

http://espn.uol.com.br/video/424404...sde-2002?_ga=1.60573933.1324405481.1368307964
Great interview by Breitner.

I think one of the major problems with Brazilian football is the absence of creative midfielders. This is something that needs to be addressed at the ground roots levels. Since the nineties, with the demise of the number ten position, we have the creative role given to CMF or player that play further back (Xavi, Pirlo, etc.), and Brazil does not have any player like that. They have great/very good DMF ("Volantes"), like Gustavo, Fernandinho, etc., but they don't have anyone with the ability to think the game, to set the tempo, etc. And this since at least the 94 WC (the last one I remember). In today's game is very hard to have only one player to assume a creative role, especially because the pace and lack of space, makes a true number 10 life very difficult. Brazil needs to focus on this type of players. For me, outside the collapse against Germany, which IMO was more due to a mental breakdown that anything else, this was the biggest problem that Brazil had in the WC, even bigger than the lack of a decent CF.

Other problem I think Brazil have is, with the economical power that certain Brazilian clubs have, kids are not coming to Europe and staying home. Talents like Damião or Ganso are staying in Brazil for too long and not develop their game against stronger competition. And also, because Brazilian players are now very expensive, a lot of them are going to Eastern Europe instead of going to better championships because of money (Shakhtar Donetsk being the biggest example).

It's quite clear that it's more personal than you let off or you wouldn't bother commenting in the first place. If you want it sugarcoated, it's fine by me.

"Brazil weren't especially good in this tournament and were really, really lucky with the referee's prior to the Germany match".

Mind you that I like Brazil and generally enjoyed watching their football so don't you fucking dare bring up that "haters gonna hate" shit because that's the most ignorant fucking defense in a discussion ever made up.

Oh right, because I said all that stuff you are saying I did right?
Don't make me laugh man.
The forum is like this, you ask someone answer it. I'm not taking it personal.

What I actually hate. Is the football fairness douchie fans wanna see. Fans can act like bitches, use curse words. But when people that actually live of football and are really involved in it, have to be saints. This I take it personal.

Also something major, was not Lukas and I talking about an overall brazil 'hate' on the forum? Or were both of us talking about you? You was just his first example.

Last edited:
Great interview by Breitner.

I think one of the major problems with Brazilian football is the absence of creative midfielders. This is something that needs to be addressed at the ground roots levels. Since the nineties, with the demise of the number ten position, we have the creative role given to CMF or player that play further back (Xavi, Pirlo, etc.), and Brazil does not have any player like that. They have great/very good DMF ("Volantes"), like Gustavo, Fernandinho, etc., but they don't have anyone with the ability to think the game, to set the tempo, etc. And this since at least the 94 WC (the last one I remember). In today's game is very hard to have only one player to assume a creative role, especially because the pace and lack of space, makes a true number 10 life very difficult. Brazil needs to focus on this type of players. For me, outside the collapse against Germany, which IMO was more due to a mental breakdown that anything else, this was the biggest problem that Brazil had in the WC, even bigger than the lack of a decent CF.

Other problem I think Brazil have is, with the economical power that certain Brazilian clubs have, kids are not coming to Europe and staying home. Talents like Damião or Ganso are staying in Brazil for too long and not develop their game against stronger competition. And also, because Brazilian players are now very expensive, a lot of them are going to Eastern Europe instead of going to better championships because of money (Shakhtar Donetsk being the biggest example).

Everything you said is true. Very nice to see someone with an objective critic.
It´s true that Brasil today have one of it´s poorest generations in terms of talents, but the real problem for it´s exactly what Breitner said, the football played here and specially the mentality of it´s coaches are stucked in time.
Like I said many many times, a proper coach(a foreign preferably) would take the best of a player like Ganso for instance. There are good players here, what Brazilian football really needs its a new and fresh mentality.
There is a collective arrogance among CBF and many brazilian supporters believing that Brasil still is the best, the five times champions, tradition, that the yellow shirt imposes fear, bla bla bla. They believed this was enough to defeat Germany.

The chairmen at CBF and brazilian coaches in general would never admit Brasil football is walking in darkness, when Scolari said yesterday in the press conference that the result against Germany shouldn´t count because it´s ONLY one defeat, insisting with statistics and data that his work is great, you really feel Brazil´s future in football will remain in shadows for years to come.

Neymar`s agent has a go at Luiz Felipe Scolari https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsGz6VbIgAIBq8h.jpg:large

Wagner Ribeiro said:
"One – being Portugal coach and winning nothing," he tweeted.

"Two – going to Chelsea and being sacked the following day.

"Three – going to coach in Uzbekistan.
Four – returning to Brazil, taking over a big team [Palmeiras] and getting them relegated to the second division.

"Five – leaving the club 56 days before the end of the Brasileirao [season] to 'escape' the relegation.

"Six – being an old jerk, arrogant, repulsive, conceited and ridiculous,” he finished in brutal fashion."

Oh right, because I said all that stuff you are saying I did right?
Don't make me laugh man.

I didn't say you said anything, really, so the laugh all you want.

The forum is like this, you ask someone answer it. I'm not taking it personal.

Good for you.

What I actually hate. Is the football fairness douchie fans wanna see. Fans can act like bitches, use curse words. But when people that actually live of football and are really involved in it, have to be saints. This I take it personal.

Did you even see who my avatar is, do you really think I care about sainst and political correctness?

I expect fair play and unbiased officiating. If Romero had tried to pull some similar shit as Krul did and Cillessen pathetically tried to copy, i'd be all over him like fly on a fresh cowshit.

Also something major, was not Lukas and I talking about an overall brazil 'hate' on the forum? Or were both of us talking about you? You was just his first example.

That's where you're wrong. I don't even hate my mother-in-law and I assure you if anyone's hate-worthy in this world it must be her. I just say the truth without sugarcoating it as I don't give a rats ass about political correctness. If it hurts someone's feelings, so be it, it is what it is and it's not hate. Nothing hurts more than the truth.

Lucas.
I never wrote anything at all about Dilma, never.
I don't have anything against Brazil.

I have serious issues about this WC being organized in a rich country with as much very poor people, where billions were invested in useless new stadiums (Brasilia, Manaus and perhaps others).

About football.
Brazil is seen as a football super power. This is only biased on the past. I have seen world cups since 1970 and the last Brazilian national team that played good football was the 1982 team. In 2002 Brazil had great players but played very poor football and this under thesame coach, Scolari. I haven't seen a single god match from your tem during this World Cup.

If you want to think that this is haters, continue to delude yourself...

And on a personal note, if you criticise my posts, care to read them decently.

Good for you.
Damn straight its good for me, I can do this all day.

I didn't say you said anything, really, so the laugh all you want.
Oh you did not? explain this phrase for me then:
so don't you fucking dare bring up that "haters gonna hate" shit

Did you even see who my avatar is, do you really think I care about sainst and political correctness?
I love me some Ibra, if only our posts crossed more often.

That's where you're wrong. I don't even hate my mother-in-law and I assure you if anyone's hate-worthy in this world it must be her. I just say the truth without sugarcoating it as I don't give a rats ass about political correctness. If it hurts someone's feelings, so be it, it is what it is and it's not hate. Nothing hurts more than the truth.
You are an awesome word twister though, I'll give you that. If you forgot this 'I need to outsmart everybody' attitude you would realize we agree. When gabe.paul.logan asked why the brazil 'hate' around here a couple of pages back, I basically said because they deserve it, for pure football reasons just like you. We agree.
Then came another guy, lukas_rod and asked the same thing, his only mistake was he quoted you, then I did the same. I basically answer the same thing I did before, its football reasons. We agree here. Can't you see that? Really?

Last edited:
Oh you did not? explain this phrase for me then:
so don't you fucking dare bring up that "haters gonna hate" shit

It must be some linguistical twists here then, because where I'm from it's clearly a warning not to say that and not an implication that you did.

EDIT: I cannot even count the amount of times I've commented for example that Ronaldo has been weak in a match without getting the "haters gonna hate" comment in reply, and quite frankly I think it's the among lowest of all low comments I've ever read because it's almost never used correctly. I'm sorry if you're not one of those people who regularly use it out of context, but I was generalizing the forum here really.

I only really defended my views on Brazil and assured that it's not based on any hatred or whimsy feelings. You should see me on Swedish forums when we've played badly, I don't sugarcoat it there either. I never slaughter players for playing badly when it's out of their hands though, like Fred has been in this tournament. Had he gotten decent service he's also been a decent striker. He was mainly poor because he didn't get any help and it's tragic that he'll be remembered as the worst striker in Brazil's WC history because he probably isn't.

I'm also quite pragmatic in the sense that I haven't really commented on the defensive play Brazil has approached this tournament with. They probably needed it to get by, and I respect that. I'd call it smart and sensible as everyone who know a little something about football knew before the tournament started that this Brazil version wasn't the strongest we've seen. It's the nasty tackles and the hoof-ball I've criticized as it's exactly what Brazilians (at least those I know) has been so belittling about against everybody else for as long as I've known them.

Last edited:
It must be some linguistical twists here then, because where I'm from it's clearly a warning not to say that and not an implication that you did.

Right, outsmart me again. That seems to be your main focus in all posts around here.

I think you are finally realizing we are agreeing though, our posts are both to explain why the overall brazil hate and our arguments are nearly the same, but using different approaches.

Instead of keep replying to each other, lets wait for the original poster, if he wants to dive in this, which I doubt now.

No need to be political correct for me, but understand that if you are not, someone might interpret it the wrong way.

I think a lot of the negativity about Brazil stems from the fact that this Brazilian team is the diametric opposite from the 60's 70's and (early) 80's Brazil teams. Although there are Brazilian players with flair and talent on the ball (Oscar, Willian, Neymar, Coutinho, Lucas Moura) it seems (some of) these players are being neglected for more "direct" strikers/footballers who are devoid of skill and flair (Fred and Hulk).

The physical side to the game has its merits and if you look at Brazilian midfielders over the years (since say 1990) the defensive side has grown, you had players like Dunga, Cesar Sampaio, Gilberto Silva - all of whom were very talented but also more defensive in nature. However they were usually partnered with a central midfielder of flair (like say Rai, Maizinho, Juninho or even Ze Roberto) now it looks like all Brazilian central midfielders are defensive, Fernandinho, Luis Gustavo, Paulinho to me these three are far too similar yet most of the time at least two of these have been playing. My impression is that there were too many "destroyers" playing in midfield and not enough "creators". In order to create something you ended up with center backs (David Luiz) or full backs (Marcelo) playing far too high up the pitch or aimlessly lumping long balls. The whole team structure was pretty bad, there is nothing wrong with teams playing turgid defensive football if they aren't blessed with talented, Norway did this in the 1990s - horrendous football but it was effective and they were not blessed with a huge pool of talented flair players. But Brazil have better players, historically they've never been so turgid, it's unbecoming of them and they looked one dimensional, devoid of attacking talent and lacking of ideas - compare this team with the 2002 or 2006 ones (players like Rivaldo, Adriano, Ronaldo, Robinho, Kaka all in their prime) I think this is what may have turned a lot of people off Brazil.

But I would say that there are talented Brazilian footballers and the right manager with a restructure of the squad and getting rid of some players could turn it around, Scolari was yesterdays man and the CBF should look to abroad and get a coach like maybe Bielsa or Pekerman to shake things up (although it could be hard to accept).

Lucas.
I never wrote anything at all about Dilma, never.
I don't have anything against Brazil.

And on a personal note, if you criticise my posts, care to read them decently.

the person talking about Brasil`S president 'something about whoring about" was banned he started putting politics stuff in here lol

...on the other hand I didnt EVEN know Brasil`s president was a women until it came on here :)) Cool the term 'mother country' actually fits.

LIKE I said "WC forum can implode,explode emotionally ...a lil late but it happened . I told ya Zero!

...But I would say that there are talented Brazilian footballers and the right manager with a restructure of the squad and getting rid of some players could turn it around, Scolari was yesterdays man and the CBF should look to abroad and get a coach like maybe Bielsa or Pekerman to shake things up (although it could be hard to accept).

Pekerman would be huge with Brazil, pretty sure Ganso would be his key man too. His 4-2-2-2 would work brilliantly with some players. More Width and more Football.

Right, outsmart me again. That seems to be your main focus in all posts around here.

Paranoid, are we?

I think you are finally realizing we are agreeing though, our posts are both to explain why the overall brazil hate and our arguments are nearly the same, but using different approaches.

I don't see why that's relevant. I defended an attack on my integrity. If you have the same view as me I don't see the point of attacking in the first place. I never knew your view at all and if you hadn't repeated it in the last post I'd still not know.

Instead of keep replying to each other, lets wait for the original poster, if he wants to dive in this, which I doubt now.

Yeah, if he'd like to think criticism towards Brazil is hate-based then it's his prerogative.

No need to be political correct for me, but understand that if you are not, someone might interpret it the wrong way.

Not really, I'm always literal unless I'm using quote marks. People should learn to handle that. It would make the world a better place.

LIKE I said "WC forum can implode,explode emotionally ...a lil late but it happened . I told ya Zero!

Yeah... but it was great while it lasted. You're my new favorite guy on this forum after this WC.. I didn't have any previously though so there's no hurt feelings :D

I don't blame Brazilians from losing perspective after such a beating though, I was in shock myself. (NOT aimed at anyone in particular and that's LITERAL!)

EDIT:

I said earlier in this thread and I stand by it, most people here are great in my opinion. I don't dislike people who disagrees with me, they're interesting to discuss with. That's why I'm here after all as PES became secondary quite quickly seeing the state the game is in and I don't use mods either.

Last edited:
1426772397_eat20popcorn.png

Everything you said is true. Very nice to see someone with an objective critic.
It´s true that Brasil today have one of it´s poorest generations in terms of talents, but the real problem for it´s exactly what Breitner said, the football played here and specially the mentality of it´s coaches are stucked in time.
Like I said many many times, a proper coach(a foreign preferably) would take the best of a player like Ganso for instance. There are good players here, what Brazilian football really needs its a new and fresh mentality.
There is a collective arrogance among CBF and many brazilian supporters believing that Brasil still is the best, the five times champions, tradition, that the yellow shirt imposes fear, bla bla bla. They believed this was enough to defeat Germany.

The chairmen at CBF and brazilian coaches in general would never admit Brasil football is walking in darkness, when Scolari said yesterday in the press conference that the result against Germany shouldn´t count because it´s ONLY one defeat, insisting with statistics and data that his work is great, you really feel Brazil´s future in football will remain in shadows for years to come.

I would love to see a Bielsa or a Pekerman at the helm. Or at least some young Brazilian coach with new ideas, like the Germans did with Klinsmann/Löw.

The Brazilian typical scheme of two "volantes" is completely outdated. You cannot win games against great opposition if you put two destroyers on the middle and ask the strikers to assume all offensive burdens. It just not work in this day and age. Is so sad that the one of country that contribute the most for the tactical evolution (with the 4-2-4 and the 4-4-2) of the game is stuck with people who seemed to live in the past. If it wasn't for your great talent pool of players over the years I doubt you would've been contenders for the past 20 years.

I would love to see a Bielsa or a Pekerman at the helm. Or at least some young Brazilian coach with new ideas, like the Germans did with Klinsmann/Löw.

The Brazilian typical scheme of two "volantes" is completely outdated. You cannot win games against great opposition if you put two destroyers on the middle and ask the strikers to assume all offensive burdens. It just not work in this day and age. Is so sad that the one of country that contribute the most for the tactical evolution (with the 4-2-4 and the 4-4-2) of the game is stuck with people who seemed to live in the past. If it wasn't for your great talent pool of players over the years I doubt you would've been contenders for the past 20 years.

That´s were the problem lies, I don´t see anyone here with a modern coach profile, if you watch the horrible "Brasileirão" matches the way Brasil played in this WC is the rule. The ball flying from defence to attack.
Pekerman and Bielsa would be wonderful!
Call me crazy, but I would give Clarence Seedorf a chance as national coach.
He speaks Portuguese, he is respected among the players, extremely professional and intelligent, played here, knows the brazilian football, knows all it´s flaws and it´s virtues,he played with best and the worst Brazil can offer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom