FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

Monzon tackle was rude - at least a very dark yellow card. I just mentioned that red was harsh. Monzon's right leg was fully stretched, 30 cm high hitting klinsis leg with the studs - sorry, but this was a rude foul and the booking no joke at all.

I haven't watched the game since 1990 but I think I remember WG being lucky not to have a player sent off earlier in the match, wasn't it Brehme?

No matter, Argentina fought the referee's for the entire tournament and Maradona was the most fouled player in the history of a single WC in that tournament. Maradona and Caniggia were tackled out of their boots every single match, yet there weren't many red cards. There should've been several each match.

FIFA is against Racism, but is not against corruption and vicious results... :R1
Keep that clear...
They can banned Turkey teams from UEFA Competicions, but for World Cup they are paid to get the mouth shut.
Spain win 2 Europe cups and win one world cup, and this year was raped with no reason at all...
What about Portugal and now Brasil not playing 100%?
What about Neymar injury?
Germany paid to that player from Colômbia, only to get the defence weak yesterday?

Sherlock Holmes knows everything...

What kind of stupid conspiracy theory is this?
UEFA did banned turkish teams from UEFA competitions, not FIFA !!!

And for the next points: FIFA is responsible for bad performance of Spain, Portugal and Brazil?

What about Neymar injury? Also done by FIFA?

And by the way, which Player was paid by Germany - Zuniga for committing a bad foul on Neymar - which had no impact on weakening the defence or Ospina to get fouled stupidly by Thiago Silva?
Did not get this part... ;) :D :D :D

I've banned him. Drop me a pm or report him if he shows up again, I won't have much time to look in here over the next few days. Cheers!

It's neither the first time he got sacked nor the second. But now it's shoot on sight, he blew his chances with that one.

I've banned him. Drop me a pm or report him if he shows up again, I won't have much time to look in here over the next few days. Cheers!

Wow, really?
I gotta say, I saw people getting away with a lot more than what he said.

Unless he is a repeat offender, that is. In that case, you mods know better.

I have to say I'm very pleased and finally convinced that we might have a good chance to win the cup, this was maybe the best game I ever watched (esp the first half). BUT STILL we're one match away from doing so. What a historical evening we all participated in and I'm really proud of the team, except for one player:

FU Ozil! 1 goal away!

WTF is Özil doing there? Barely a single good action in all those matches so far and still he is in every starting eleven! If he scores, the score is 8-0 and we have a clean sheet. That single goal pissed me off so much (and Neuer, Boateng and Schweinsteiger as well, as you could see).

I have to say I'm very pleased and finally convinced that we might have a good chance to win the cup, this was maybe the best game I ever watched (esp the first half). BUT STILL we're one match away from doing so. What a historical evening we all participated in and I'm really proud of the team, except for one player:

WTF is Özil doing there? Barely a single good action in all those matches so far and still he is in every starting eleven! If he scores, the score is 8-0 and we have a clean sheet. That single goal pissed me off so much (and Neuer, Boateng and Schweinsteiger as well, as you could see).

I use to think 'if' a player seems ineffective, he may be a weak link. Then, 'if' a player is absent and the team doesn`t perform
then you`ll understand w/o seeing what a player contributes to the team.

I know Germany has loads of play-makers and OZil might look ineffective ,but he`s obviously doing something better then Geotz n Podi. Chemistry n performing is adding the right ingredients ...might be interesting to remove Ozil and see how true your assessment are.

There are also cases where a player is effective yet he's holding back the team to be collectively more effective. I.E. an effective player gets injured and the team performs better without him...

Özil had 2 assists didn't he? And he set up Philip Lahm for the cross that made the 3rd goal. I think he's in the thick of it most of the time, his passing is second to none.

But he is indeed a 'mood' player that sometimes can drift off, and can switch off for some moments. The goal scoring chance he missed was an example of that lack of focus, although I thought it was Mesut showing Brazil some mercy :P

Germany showed mercy on Brazil by playing high line and two defenders for 45 minutes. The only chances Brazil created were the ones they were allowed to create; long balls to the wingers who was unmarked on purpose. If it wasn't on purpose then this Germany team will receive a thorough beating in the finals so I honestly think it was on purpose to give Brazil a few goals to save face. Brazil didn't even manage that properly...

Also, if Klose had been a tad better ball distributor Germany would've scored the first goal after three minutes. Marcelo caught out of position, Müller highway on the right side but Klose fucked up. So in reality Brazil weren't even decent the first 10 minutes as some people pitifully has claimed. They were out of it before the match started, when they held that Neymar Jr kit and sang their national anthem. Thiago Silva wouldn't have helped either, as long as David Luiz and Marcelo were on that pitch Germany would've gotten at least 4 goals.

Last edited:
I'm expecting an Argie win today - just think without De Jong and Strootman, the Dutch midfield is not quite good enough to both create a platform and contain the lil man. Not sure that will result in Messi himself being key, but I think they'll over commit men in the middle, which should give space to others.

Apparently RVP is ill, so even if he plays probably won't have great energy. That basically puts the entire burden on Robben, who Argentina will kick out of the game (and not get cards, because this is the WC of not giving cards for consistent fouling).

Should be a closer one than yesterday, that's for sure!

I'm enjoying it for the sheer number of times Argentinian players go to ground, demanding a foul, faking injury, and then having to get up when one isn't given.

Great display by the dutch. They are clearly a weaker side, but there discipline, solidarity and effort are give them a chance.
Van Gaal is the biggest suprise in this WC. How a guy that was always so stubborn, have showed so much tactical flexibility this time around. Good news for Man U.

Man, I want Messi to win a world cup, but I can't stand this Argentinian team. Sooooo boring - the only thing they're world class at are the dark arts. Diving, feigning injury, complaining to the ref and time wasting. Absolute masters.

Playing attacking football, getting players up to support Messi, trying to create chances from open play? Not so much.

It's sad how effective playing essentially a back 7 (with keeper) can be.

This is cautious football ... Someone says Özil doesn't play w/ energy. I just saw Messi dog walking around and only do spot sprinting! Brilliant players don't need to run endlessly it helps I know. Messi hardly even looks at the ball being passed around him.

@beachryan do you know or even interest yourself in football at all?
I'm just wondering because a lot of your comments shows sign of lack of knowledge and interest unless there's two stretched teams and gung-ho football. There also haven't been a whole lot of feign injuries in this match, so there's that as well.

That red confetti or whatever garbage in the Netherlands box has been driving me mental! Maybe that says something about the action in this match

Back
Top Bottom