FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

I've played the PC versions of both games, I'll compare the PC versions of both games, I couldn't give a fuck what you think is or isn't a poor comparison, based on your posts you're clearly a rose tinted glasses, dyed in the wool PES fan who holds no respect for anyone's opinion if it's positive towards Fifa, that's fine, but don't come in this thread acting like your opinion is more correct or more balanced than anyone else's, it's not, it's simply your opinion.

Rose tinted?

Erm Pro Evo was rubbish between 08 and 13..... (during this period FIFA was better)

This year Pro Evo is very good. FIFA is good in areas also.

Are you actually reading whats being said?

So I say what I see and it is what it is. You're right, my opinion is worthless and irrelevant. Thats why I let the games speak for themselves. Which they do just fine.

Do they pay you to be like this or what? Whats your problem here? I'm talking about just the games and the developers here, now you're getting aggresive and going on like you have my number. When its clear you don't in any way, shape or form.

Lemme tell you something you already know. This very forum itself exists because of Pro Evolution Soccer. FIFA is a sub forum. If you dont like that people will prefer Pro Evo here (especially this years installment) and expose FIFA for what it is and has been for a number of years, I'd politely suggest you take your leave and post all your views on FIFA and sliders, on FIFA forums.

But if you want to debate like an adult and not result to aggresiveness and touchiness when FIFA's quality is soundly questioned. Please stay by all means.

Love where this is going.
Since i havent played Fifa 17, and probably wont until I see varied gameplay and realistic stats.
Then all I can do is compare demos,since I've played both,and FIFA 17 was absolutely horrible.
But then again I love my PES 17 and don't really care what FIFA players regard that game to be.
I've been on the fence for a long time and always end up playing the game that represents the best gameplay
Last year it was FIFA 16.
But defending a game blindly is just hilarious.
Bet if I told people that premier Leauge is shit and there's no atmosphere any more they'll defend that to.
Hopefully FIFA 17 will be a good game this year,hopefully they've incorporated real rules this year to...

Last edited:
Of course, I'm reading you saying that anyone who thinks Fifa is superior to PES is insane, unbalanced and biased, or do you not read what you write yourself? Hint:

I stand by the statement. I have nothing to run away from. There is no sensastionalism about it. Both games speak for themselves. They are what they are. So instead of cherry picking posts when its most conveniant and out of context. Tell us and me why, out of the box, FIFA 17 is better than PES 2017 purely in terms of the football on the pitch? In what way(s) is it better?

OK Chaps just agree to differ and stop pushing the personal boundaries of one trying to outsmart the other.
One likes PES and the other likes FIFA, and never the twain shall meet.
This will not be a fruitful exchange and is just hogging the thread.:YAWN:

OK Chaps just agree to differ and stop pushing the personal boundaries of one trying to outsmart the other.
One likes PES and the other likes FIFA, and never the twain shall meet.
This will not be a fruitful exchange and is just hogging the thread.:YAWN:

I actually like both for different reasons. Its a healthy debate and on topic as long as he can keep it civil and polite.

This is the first year I won't be buying fifa on release day since fifa 08..just not feeling it in 17..I've disliked pes since 2009 version and I thoughthink 16 was abysmal but 2017 feels superb. It wouldn't bother me if I couldn't edit the kits it's that good on the pitch ..but I can so bonus

I've been on the fence for a long time and always end up playing the game that represents the best gameplay
Last year it was FIFA 16.

Thats been my stance also. Last year was FIFA 16 for me aswell. PES 2016 just wasn't quite there. So I have no emotional attatchment to either as such right now. Unless we're talking about PES 5 and 6. Hahahaha

I've pretty much played FIFA since 2008. So I know how that goes inside out. Especially the last 5 or so years on that. But this years Pro Evo has swung me the other way, just on its gameplay alone.

Thats been my stance also. Last year was FIFA 16 for me aswell. PES 2016 just wasn't quite there. So I have no emotional attatchment to either as such right now. Unless we're talking about PES 5 and 6. Hahahaha

I've pretty much played FIFA since 2008. So I know how that goes inside out. Especially the last 5 or so years on that. But this years Pro Evo has swung me the other way, just on its gameplay alone.
I enjoyed PES 13/15, and even 16 post last patch,and up until PES 13 I played PES 5-6.
Remembered switching from PES to FIFA around FIFA 10 I think,and I was shocked how "arcady" it felt,but they've done a good job since
Didn't really get involved with FIFA until 15,liked it,and loved FIFA 16.
But this edition of PES is fabulous,just like old times mate,gameplay is so good,so hard to break down defences,so unpredictable.
But then again,people buy games for different reasons.
I understand why some buy a familiar package,people tend to go with what's familiar,branding.
It's shiny,its a product that suits what people think the modern game should be like.
That's not my cup of tea.
its going to be a good year for us PES players,what happends on the other side,couldn't care less.
If FIFA 17 turns out to be a great game,fantastic,then I'll have two games to play.

@Placebo

So having gone back a bit and browsed some of your posts here it seems you prefer FIFA because its less clunky. It also seems however, many of the reasons for your preference is due to the fact that you can personally tweak the sliders to how you like them and patch the PC version to how you like it to run. Which is fair enough. However thats not the default "out of the box" gameplay as such. Its been user tweaked from original. Nothing wrong with that if thats how you enjoy the game. However as far as I'm aware PES 2017 has no sliders, yet I feel no need to tweak how it plays "out the box" and even without the licenses, the gameplay "out the box" is steady.

I will agree to politely disagree with you. Reasons being you're comparing PC versions of the game, where PES is still a 360/PS3 port and that comparison is based on a tweaked FIFA up against an out of box PES 2017. Which is what I did actually ask for. Both compared out the box. No tweaks, patches or option files whatsoever.

Thats ok.

Thanks anyway.

PES 2017 is clunky, sluggish and the ai difficulty between Top Player and Superstar is messed up. On Top Player (master league) game feels meh, too easy but still feels clunky. Superstar (still master league) the ai hunt you down like a pack of wolves and because of the clunkiness I mentioned earlier, the game is too frustrating and you lose the ball far too easily and quickly.

I have also played both the PS3 and PS4 versions and can find virtually no difference in the way the game plays.... not a good sign if you ask me as there should be a fair amount of difference I would have thought and hoped?

Graphically it looks over saturated colour wise and lighting in night matches is way too bright.

I will agree to politely disagree with you. Reasons being you're comparing PC versions of the game, where PES is still a 360/PS3 port and that comparison is based on a tweaked FIFA up against an out of box PES 2017. Which is what I did actually ask for. Both compared out the box. No tweaks, patches or option files whatsoever.

It's not actually.

Having played both on PC Fifa is miles ahead of PES for me, and contrary to what some are saying I'm loving the player individuality and especially weak foot simulation, I'm messing up loads of passes/crosses/shots because I'm trying to do things with the wrong player, trying to do things when not set in the right position or off balance, trying to do things with the player's weak foot etc. etc. And this is just in FUT SP mostly with Sheffield Wednesday players, can't wait to get my teeth into career mode with slider tweaks etc.

In FUT there are no sliders, the only tweaks I've made are handballs on and game speed slow.

I enjoyed PES 13/15, and even 16 post last patch,and up until PES 13 I played PES 5-6.
Remembered switching from PES to FIFA around FIFA 10 I think,and I was shocked how "arcady" it felt,but they've done a good job since
Didn't really get involved with FIFA until 15,liked it,and loved FIFA 16.
But this edition of PES is fabulous,just like old times mate,gameplay is so good,so hard to break down defences,so unpredictable.
But then again,people buy games for different reasons.
I understand why some buy a familiar package,people tend to go with what's familiar,branding.
It's shiny,its a product that suits what people think the modern game should be like.
That's not my cup of tea.
its going to be a good year for us PES players,what happends on the other side,couldn't care less.
If FIFA 17 turns out to be a great game,fantastic,then I'll have two games to play.

I hope for this also considering I've purchased both. 2 good football games can only be healthy. Healthy competition should get the best out of both games. Unless your names NBA 2K and you've basically killed the competition. I'll end up playing Pro Evo when I really want to focus and concentrate on the football I want to play and end up playing FIFA when I just want a quick kick about and not have to concentrate too much. They both have their reasons for playing them. Well hopefully they do, but I'll find that out next week when FIFA arrives.

I hope for this also considering I've purchased both. 2 good football games can only be healthy. Healthy competition should get the best out of both games. Unless your names NBA 2K and you've basically killed the competition. I'll end up playing Pro Evo when I really want to focus and concentrate on the football I want to play and end up playing FIFA when I just want a quick kick about and not have to concentrate too much. They both have their reasons for playing them. Well hopefully they do, but I'll find that out next week when FIFA arrives.
Ea is trying to corner that market to with NBA Live,it's rubbish though,play a lot of 2k
Yeah I use both games for different reasons,I player career on FIFA( since you can controll th whole team)
But I haven't really felt the Magic in FIFA compared to the old ML adventures
I was psyched for FIFA until I played the demo,but it's probably fixable to suit my taste,no pre order though,usually wait until the forums has a grip on sliders before I jump in

I actually made the swap from FIFA to PES this year and I've spent years slagging off PES for being an unlicensed mess with horrendous goalkeepers.

But like @curdstar said, they've nailed the simplicity of football this year. Smooth passing, nuanced dribbling and an outstanding array of current tactical trends and options it really was a no brainer for me this year. Hopefully Konami can keep this up because I've been crying out for a half decent football game for the last couple of years and finally someone has delivered it.

PES 2017 is clunky, sluggish and the ai difficulty between Top Player and Superstar is messed up. On Top Player (master league) game feels meh, too easy but still feels clunky. Superstar (still master league) the ai hunt you down like a pack of wolves and because of the clunkiness I mentioned earlier, the game is too frustrating and you lose the ball far too easily and quickly.

I have also played both the PS3 and PS4 versions and can find virtually no difference in the way the game plays.... not a good sign if you ask me as there should be a fair amount of difference I would have thought and hoped?

Graphically it looks over saturated colour wise and lighting in night matches is way too bright.

Guess it was too difficult for you.

Guess it was too difficult for you.
Nah he's right. PES 2017 talks lots of BS in Superstar. Loads of scripting goes on. But then it's too easy on Top Player, there is no balance

Exhibition matches are great, ML and that Team Spirit algorithm has too much impact on the game.

I don't have any sluggishness on the FIFA 17 trial. The only sluggishness I have with recent FIFA titles is the pass speed. I always turn that up a bit because the ball rolls like it's in quicksand.

It should be said, while my current thoughts are that PES is superior on the pitch (where it matters for me) I intend to try FIFA again at some point.

I just think it's hilarious how uppity people get. I buy both and enjoy them both for what they are. No point throwing a tantrum in support of one corporation, or another.

Konami knows it'll take a while (50 years?) to reach FIFA's level of presentation so they focus on gameplay. And look where they are. Improved.
presentation is the easy part of development, no ai programming just camera work and commentary. Fifa's road to the top is longer. AI programming is what takes the most time.

the game is too frustrating and you lose the ball far too easily and quickly.
that's because you don't know how to play it. reason i say this is holding on to the ball is easy if you know how.
first off depending on the players stats is how well they can hold on to the ball. also learn how L2 works and learn how to time your movement away from the attacker.
this isn't fifa holding your hand helping you and were player stats don't mean squat.

maybe i'll upload a video showing proof

Last edited:
I just think it's hilarious how uppity people get. I buy both and enjoy them both for what they are. No point throwing a tantrum in support of one corporation, or another.

Exactly this. I always buy both games but neither are perfect, far from it.

It's people that give "PES is back, the best football game ever!" tagline every single year that does my swede in. We'll never help the game grow and flourish as a community if we all pretend it's amazing when it's not.

I actually think people like Adam Bhatti are really bad for the series. With FIFA you have a PR team but they don't block you on Twitter when you tell them the issues FIFA has. Bhatti and his minions throw their toys out of the pram like big kids when someone confronts them about PES and the old 'You're Blocked' routine happens.

Basically, Adam has been saying PES is the bestest football game eva eva eva since PES 6. He's a parody of himself now.

/Rant Over.

that's because you don't know how to play it. reason i say this is holding on to the ball is easy if you know how.
first off depending on the players stats is how well they can hold on to the ball. also learn how L2 works and learn how to time your movement away from the attacker.
this isn't fifa holding your hand helping you.

How do you know how he plays it?! What condescending nonsense.

Why is it when someone criticises a video game that you enjoy, the "But but but you don't know how to play it" replies comes out?

I have been playing PES since the PlayStation 1 days. I still find it clunky and frustrating in Master League.

How do you know how he plays it?! What condescending nonsense.

Why is it when someone criticises a video game that you enjoy, the "But but but you don't know how to play it" replies comes out?

I have been playing PES since the PlayStation 1 days. I still find it clunky and frustrating in Master League.
this isn't fifa holding your hand helping you and were player stats don't mean squat.

also can you go into detail on clunky?

Back
Top Bottom