FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Fifa still looks more realistic in goal mouth action. 4:34 in the gameplay video above for example, it is so chaotic and you sense the urgency of trying to score/prevent a goal. Also goalkeeper dives, the animations are far better and don't feel like they are playing out in slow motion.

My prediction is that the demo will be pretty darn good, then when the full game is released the game will be once again based on luck and not on actual gamer skill.

Exactly!
Fifa 17 demo > full game
Two different games. I played demo recently, totaly better than full. Enjoyable, good ball physic, good balance. In full game it feels every game is same. Even gameplay feels horible.

Nicely done EA...
Nicely done!

ron1.jpg

_95390528_ronaldobust.jpg

i am not a big fan of the guy, but the likeness in FIFA and the statue are just plain wrong. it is truly an insult to such a great player.

Specially when he's the main figure of your game. The highest rated. The cover star. The one you used for motion-capture and 3D face scan. You just can't get it wrong. With the level of technology and tools EA must have... You just can't.

Last edited:
Specially when he's the main figure of your game. The highest rated. The cover star. The one you used for motion-captured and face scan. You just can't get it wrong. With the level of technology and tools EA must have... You just can't.
well said:TU:

I mean.. come on for fucks sake! https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/893209343558012928

How long has Neymar been a superstar for? 6 years?
He was already a huge name worldwide in football when he was playing at Santos in 2011, 2012, 2013. Then he went Top4 when he became a Barcelona player. And STILL CAN'T GET A FREAKING DECENT FACE FOR HIM?.

This is unforgivable.
Gameplay is priority, I know and I agree. But... come on... this is ridiculous.

I'm not the type to care about faces, and I'm saddened by the negativity in here, BUT, even I have to say, @Chuny, I saw that video earlier on and I thought to myself "that Neymar face can't be from the PS4/XB1 versions of the game, it's got to be from the Switch or something".

Considering the hype around Frostbite, and how it's been their priority to shoehorn it into FIFA for a while now, it's got to be a little embarrassing that PES's faces (if not all of the graphics) absolutely destroy theirs.

That being said, still looking forward to it..

I'm not the type to care about faces, and I'm saddened by the negativity in here, BUT, even I have to say, @Chuny, I saw that video earlier on and I thought to myself "that Neymar face can't be from the PS4/XB1 versions of the game, it's got to be from the Switch or something".

Considering the hype around Frostbite, and how it's been their priority to shoehorn it into FIFA for a while now, it's got to be a little embarrassing that PES's faces (if not all of the graphics) absolutely destroy theirs.

That being said, still looking forward to it..

Yeah but the faces around Neymar are the same as always, so I don't think faces change from version to version. Maybe the texture quality does, but not the face itself.

I know how you feel (regarding negativity) but, honestly, don't you think it's very strange the way EA has been behaving around FIFA 18?.

I just went back to FIFA 13 today and for me, it's up there on one of the best FIFA game of all time. FIFA 17, FIFA 15 and FIFA 14 are there at the bottom of my least favorite.

They are confident.....without competitor they dont need make such of things in this moment. In 2008 yes they made it a lot because strong cometitor was in the market.... In these days? No ;)

Yeah but the faces around Neymar are the same as always, so I don't think faces change from version to version. Maybe the texture quality does, but not the face itself.

I know how you feel (regarding negativity) but, honestly, don't you think it's very strange the way EA has been behaving around FIFA 18?.
I have!! But now i understand why. If you graphically can not compete with your biggest competitor it would be wise not to show too much videos.
or maybe they just think, let them have their fun cause in the end we will outsell them again.

Either they've got something massive up their sleeve, or I don't know... I can't tell if they're just very confident (about their product or about the fact they'll outsell PES in any case) or scared of something.

Credit where it is due, I think that Konami's openess about PES 2018 is probably making EAs marketing this year seem really piecemeal in comparison. I think they have really had the jump on EA and it has been quite refreshing to see.

EA has been really slow to showcase any features beyond gameplay tweaks. This might not be a bad thing if they all bring greatly needed improvements to the way the game plays. However, if I'm not mistaken we had much earlier info about modes, leagues, stadia and in the lead up to FIFA 17. This years edition is looking a little bit threadbare at present. Perhaps EA will set off a few bombs closer to release.

That Neymar thing is a little bit embarrassing from EA. It is so obviously aimed at PES in a really cheap manner. Makes me suspicious about whether it has any more actual features that will enhance the game this year. It was a bit playground and EA usually stay away from such direct pops at PES.

PES games were always superior to FIFAs in term of models and graphics. Gameplay has always the final word.

Specially when he's the main figure of your game. The highest rated. The cover star. The one you used for motion-capture and 3D face scan. You just can't get it wrong. With the level of technology and tools EA must have... You just can't.
EA's like McDonald's big ass company with under paid employees = amateur work

I just went back to FIFA 13 today and for me, it's up there on one of the best FIFA game of all time. FIFA 17, FIFA 15 and FIFA 14 are there at the bottom of my least favorite.
yep, i remember 12 to 13 was impressive it was the new ignite engine

Fifa still looks more realistic in goal mouth action. 4:34 in the gameplay video above for example, it is so chaotic and you sense the urgency of trying to score/prevent a goal. Also goalkeeper dives, the animations are far better and don't feel like they are playing out in slow motion.
speaking of slow motion, or matrix keeper diving "i like to say". I think it's because PES game speed has been slowed down so much it's affecting the players movement as well. Maybe this or Maybe not, but Fifa wins the keeper battle this year in movements and intelligence.

or maybe they just think, let them have their fun cause in the end we will outsell them again.
exactly

Last edited:
I have!! But now i understand why. If you graphically can not compete with your biggest competitor it would be wise not to show too much videos.

I doubt outselling PES is the target that EA are setting them. They want high metacritics, they want critical acclaim, this attitude we imagine EA having is really ignoring the reality of how the developers making the game approach things, they don't want to just collect their paycheck knowing the game will outsell PES no matter what they do. I think it's also clear from some interviews that the FIFA developers are already looking over their shoulders a bit and realising they can learn something from the other game, and for that reason I think people are being too quick to write FIFA 18 off, it may be you have to feel the changes to appreciate the difference this year.

I also think we are seeing the reverse of what happened around 2008, where PES had this hugely successful formula and they didn't feel it was necessary to have any kind of strategy for staying ahead long term and also understimated the opposition. In the case of FIFA they have this huge monolithic game and codebase that they can't really change radically without a complete overhaul, something that their bosses would never sanction. Whereas PES of course has now been working for years on the fresh base they created with 2014. In other words, you won't see FIFA changing its formula until PES is once again seen as the better football game, which is the direction we are heading in even if I think people in the PES community have tried to jump the gun a bit, PES still has a long way to go to regain its old stature.

PES games were always superior to FIFAs in term of models and graphics. Gameplay has always the final word.

Not always. Maybe in terms of player models PES was superior most of the time, but in terms of graphics? No way.

Graphically these games beat it's competitor:

*FiFA 2001 to FiFA 2009 straight out beat PES games in terms of graphics.
*PES 10 to 17 beat FiFA games in terms of graphics.

That is if we consider the overall graphics. Older PES games had better player models, untucked shirts that FiFA never had back in Ps2 era. Again, PES 08-13 had atleast pseudo 3D grass whereas FiFA games had flat garbage grass [apart from instant replay]. Now FiFA 17 has best cloth physics whereas PES 17 doesn't even come close to it.

They are confident.....without competitor they dont need make such of things in this moment. In 2008 yes they made it a lot because strong cometitor was in the market.... In these days? No ;)

With that attitude, PES will easily take over EA in terms of everything in the next couple of years. Competition or not, you always need to improve your game before people gets fed up with the same recycled bullshit. I can't wait for 2K to come to the footie game scene as well and then FIFA will become a 3rd choice footie game for non-casuals.

With a team their size and their budget, it's shambolic how lackluster the last couple of years had been for FIFA. It almost feels as if they take 1-2 months of development time to work on FIFA every year and the rest goes on planning how to add more micro-transaction and FIFA UT bullshit. I can't believe how people are still happy with FIFA and still playing the game which has the same problems since FIFA 12 and no major innovation.

Going by the comments they have made in both PES and FIFA threads, LosFenomeno and shez could very well be anti-corporate/product transparency to the point they will openly mock transparency, along with invent rules and standards as to what partnership/exclusivity/licensing means. They've totally jumped the shark on this. I actually think they might be anti-competition; apologists of crony or predatory capitalism. Anti-consumer, with a dash of self-loathing, seeing as they are consumers themselves. They are exactly the type of customer EA or any huge corporation wants: loyal, unquestioning and compliant, even if whatever the corporation does goes against their own interests. So long as the corporation has more money than another, that is all that matters. They win.

The only question they have is "when can I pay?" not "what am I paying for?"

If they do ask what they are paying for, and it is answered, they will mock it; not because of what they are told, but because they are being told. They will mark that up as business weakness.

Inject me with that syringe, EA. Don't tell me what is in it, just do it. You have all the money and history tells us, categorically, that whatever corporation has the most money is honourable, even more so if aren't telling us where it came from or what they are doing with it. Them not telling us always results in a massively pleasurable surprise. Always.

Last edited:
With that attitude, PES will easily take over EA in terms of everything in the next couple of years. Competition or not, you always need to improve your game before people gets fed up with the same recycled bullshit. I can't wait for 2K to come to the footie game scene as well and then FIFA will become a 3rd choice footie game for non-casuals.
It's not like KONAMI really improved PES in the last 4 years. FIFA has certainly made greater progress in the same time. It has gone from a game clearly inferior to PES regarding gameplay to a game that's absolutely ok in my eyes.

Apart from that, Gamescom starts in 2.5 weeks. They are probably going to wait until then with releasing more information.

Back
Top Bottom