FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

It's a "legacy" game on the Switch, i.e. it won't be anything like the videos you're seeing - I wouldn't bother!

It's made especially for switch. Not frostbite or ignite. Which means no Journey or certain celebrations - modes I never use.
Seen some clips on YouTube. Looks good fun. The days of serious gaming is over for me!

Gameplay doesn't look that bad but FIFAs gameplay never felt that bad. It was the AI and the scripting that had always ruins FIFA for me. So nothing to really say. Doesn't look that different from FIFA 17

From what I've seen in that video I posted, this year the players look like they were made of clay when they move. I'm talking about from the gameplay camera. Although, during cutscenes, they look A LOT better than last years.

Still nowhere near PES in terms of graphics and models.

Honestly , we have seen not many for judge gameplay
FIFA gameplay has been fundamentally flawed for several years. Do you truly believe that this year will be any different? Unless they have completely overhauled the gameplay code then gamers can expect the same frustrating mediocre football experience.

-Dribbling is definitely better.
-The way players receive the ball needs to be refined, sometimes it looks really good and other times not so much.
-There seems to be a few more fake shot variations that I noticed.
-The animation of Kroos getting pulled back at 2:44 was really nice but I don't know why a foul wasnt called.
-Cross speed might be a bit too floaty but some of them looked beautiful (4:33 for example).
-Don't know wtf kind of running animation that was from Theo at 5:09 that looked horrendous.
-The shot of the crowd during the celebration looked fantastic.
-Not too many misscontrols which is disappointing but that can be fixed with sliders.
-The fake shot/nutmeg goal combo at 8:28 for Ronaldo was incredible.
-The La Liga scoreboard looks great.
-Cdm's were really staying back.
-There were some off-balance crosses and passes that didn't pan out.
-On two occasions, chest controls looked much better.
-Passing animations are often two quick and responsive. This really speeds up the game negatively. The prior animation doesn't have to fully finish.
-Crissy's offball run at 13:30 was so lifelike it was scary.
-Cristiano made a diagonal run from out wide at 15:09. You wouldnt see that in the past few iterations of the game.

Despite all these little positives I still feel a bit disappointed with what I saw. I just feel like we should be further than we are with footy games in 2017. Graphics are really good, night lighting still seems a bit off. But I just was hoping for a huge step. Still will probably be a day 1 purchase for me however.

MY GOODNESS,:SHOCK::SHOCK::ANX::ANX: i really hope it feels better then it looks cause this year it will be the only thing that it has going for itself by the looks of things.
they have got to get a hell of a marketing team to sell this turd.
but hey, who knows, maybe its a frog that can turn into a prince:LIE:

I agree that it looks pathetic

I also think you are all hypocrites for judging the game on a video

I agree that it looks pathetic

I also think you are all hypocrites for judging the game on a video
So let me get this straight. Are you saying the game looks pathetic then accusing others of being hypocrites for judging the game off a video?

So let me get this straight. Are you saying the game looks pathetic then accusing others of being hypocrites for judging the game off a video?

Yes because I judged both games from videos and both aren't that impressive.

Others are judging FIFA from a little video and abused anyone who said anything about PES because apparently we haven't tried it lol

Anyways carry on covering the game, Just wanted to point that out

I don't tend to watch videos of FIFA too much as the game always changes massively on release.

As after playing FIFA at EGX a couple of times, it is so different compared to the actual release.

FIFA 14 NG was an incredible experience, it was very slow and felt like a simulation, but on release someone had fed the game steroids and it became the usual counter attacking game FIFA has always been.

why they have 1080p youtube setting and it's clearly not is :RANT:
3:00 - 3:05 is something i don't see in PES, it's very flexible body movement in animations.
i also like the speed of the ball, it looks proper to real life, unlike PES slow motion ball.
Looks good player vs player but what about the player vs AI?

-Dribbling is definitely better.
-The way players receive the ball needs to be refined, sometimes it looks really good and other times not so much.
-There seems to be a few more fake shot variations that I noticed.
-The animation of Kroos getting pulled back at 2:44 was really nice but I don't know why a foul wasnt called.
-Cross speed might be a bit too floaty but some of them looked beautiful (4:33 for example).
-Don't know wtf kind of running animation that was from Theo at 5:09 that looked horrendous.
-The shot of the crowd during the celebration looked fantastic.
-Not too many misscontrols which is disappointing but that can be fixed with sliders.
-The fake shot/nutmeg goal combo at 8:28 for Ronaldo was incredible.
-The La Liga scoreboard looks great.
-Cdm's were really staying back.
-There were some off-balance crosses and passes that didn't pan out.
-On two occasions, chest controls looked much better.
-Passing animations are often two quick and responsive. This really speeds up the game negatively. The prior animation doesn't have to fully finish.
-Crissy's offball run at 13:30 was so lifelike it was scary.
-Cristiano made a diagonal run from out wide at 15:09. You wouldnt see that in the past few iterations of the game.

Despite all these little positives I still feel a bit disappointed with what I saw. I just feel like we should be further than we are with footy games in 2017. Graphics are really good, night lighting still seems a bit off. But I just was hoping for a huge step. Still will probably be a day 1 purchase for me however.
i agree with this, i believe it's because of great sales in this sport. Look at the amount of work you see going into NBA 2K every year. Smaller market harder to make sales. Fifa and Pes don't need to do much every year and they still rake it in. Reason they are behind others like NBA 2k in representing the sport.

Last edited:
MY GOODNESS,:SHOCK::SHOCK::ANX::ANX: i really hope it feels better then it looks cause this year it will be the only thing that it has going for itself by the looks of things.
they have got to get a hell of a marketing team to sell this turd.
but hey, who knows, maybe its a frog that can turn into a prince:LIE:
how can you tell?
this videos not in HD.
shit video quality = bad looking FIFA

Watched the gameplay video. Can't really talk about how the game plays based on the video (obviously) but so far as look goes it looks horribly unathletic and a bit janky.

I dunno what it is, as the players are doing footballer things regards positioning but it all looks so dull, lifeless, and yes, just unathletic. Okay, maybe not completely lifeless but at the very least geriatric in flow.

Watched the gameplay video. Can't really talk about how the game plays based on the video (obviously) but so far as look goes it looks horribly unathletic and a bit janky.

I dunno what it is, as the players are doing footballer things regards positioning but it all looks so dull, lifeless, and yes, just unathletic. Okay, maybe not completely lifeless but at the very least geriatric in flow.

I think the word is emotionless. Because they don't look lifeless... but more so like they were doing it without wanting to do it. Like when you tell a little kid to tidy up his bedroom.

I don't know... maybe PES has grown so much this year (specially in the emotions department) that it just made FIFA look so dull.

I think the word is emotionless. Because they don't look lifeless... but more so like they were doing it without wanting to do it. Like when you tell a little kid to tidy up his bedroom.

Yeah, it just doesn't look like a bunch of athletes playing their chosen sport with any enthusiasm or determination. It looks like the are all just adhering and accepting the fact they need to play, but don't really want to. Lacks dynamism and drive. Very passive.

The only two things I like better from FIFA in comparison to PES are: Players positioning (it looks more crowded, less space, forces you to think quicker and make more mistakes too) and the crowd.

Other than that... yeah, no rivalry for me this year. I'm sticking with PES.
But I will try FIFA too, of course.

The only two things I like better from FIFA in comparison to PES are: Players positioning (it looks more crowded, less space, forces you to think quicker and make more mistakes too) and the crowd.

Other than that... yeah, no rivalry for me this year. I'm sticking with PES.
But I will try FIFA too, of course.

I like the positioning as well. Reminds me a bit of FIFA 16 with this midfield battle.

Back
Top Bottom