FIFA 17 - PC Discussion

I tried that, but in the program profile settings, maybe I should apply it for the global profile? I'm not in front of the pc just yet.

Figured it out by way of download DxTory and using the limit FPS option to 30 FPS, works like a charm in full screen!

I tried that, but in the program profile settings, maybe I should apply it for the global profile? I'm not in front of the pc just yet.
It was supposed to work if you added that in program profile. Anyway, dont enable in global profile- all your games will be plagued with 30fps then.

Okay, try to use Nvidia inspector and see if it works from there. Oh, when you set "adaptive half refresh"- make sure you select "No limit on Fps" or the game somehow screws up with 30 fps.

And last but not the least, if it occurs that the game is not running at 30fps lock but you arent getting screen tearing (aka Vsync is working), then just limit the Framerate to 30fps using Nvidia inspector.

If you are using Amd card, use Radeon pro. They are quite similar.

Figured it out by way of download DxTory and using the limit FPS option to 30 FPS, works like a charm in full screen!
Oh didn't noticed it.

Glad that worked for you. Do you have to keep dxtory opened to make 30fps lock? Or ia it aimilar to Nvidia inspector where yu can simply srt a profile and turn it off?

It's still in the early stages and so far tested only on the demo, a custom launcher runs the game and tells it to read mod files from a mod folder and that is working apparently, but Fifa retail is a bit different so requires further work on the mod launcher before it's tested/released. Friend of mine is the brains working on it :) It's just nice to have some hope and be able to share that hope!

It's still in the early stages and so far tested only on the demo, a custom launcher runs the game and tells it to read mod files from a mod folder and that is working apparently, but Fifa retail is a bit different so requires further work on the mod launcher before it's tested/released. Friend of mine is the brains working on it :) It's just nice to have some hope and be able to share that hope!
Thank goodness. I need a LoD MoD. Cloth physics is life. And cloth physics is turn off during gameplay. Looks no different than Fifa 98 during gameplay.

I'm not sure if you already discussed about this:
Subject: commentary
Is there a way to enable them all without wasting time?

I had Italian commentary only (Pardo / Nava) and to get the English one (Tyler / Smith) I went on: Origin / games library / right click on FIFA17 / games property / advanced options and selected the English language.

But so program begins the verification of the game files, repair and installation, and takes about an hour.

I believe that of all the commentary files are already inside their folders, but for some reason are locked.
Right now I'm downloading the Spanish commentary and downloading is still being repaired.
I hope I was clear.

I'm not sure if you already discussed about this:
Subject: commentary
Is there a way to enable them all without wasting time?
My understanding from something I read, is the files are specific to the game's region. Meaning someone with the files (inside data/win32 folder) you want has to upload them, after which you can download and install in your game.

My understanding from something I read, is the files are specific to the game's region. Meaning someone with the files (inside data/win32 folder) you want has to upload them, after which you can download and install in your game.

So let's try the Brazilian commentary, for example: if this is the only folder necessary to, just copying it to the location:
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Origin Games \ FIFA 17 \ Data \ Win32 \ superbundlelayout \ fifa_installpackage_00

It should work

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-50HwKPf584M0FYTnJ4WHNKVnc/view?usp=sharing

Really looking forward to more info. Could your friend join that Discord group with the guys trying to make modding possible?

AF 16x:
35amb5y.jpg

To me, the screen on the left (on) looks washed out and flat. The screen on the right (off) has depth and the correct amount of brightness vs contrast. If you want more bright green in the turf - which is all the game needs really - simply adjust your nvidia RGB desktop settings: quick, easy and works fantastic.

To me, the screen on the left (on) looks washed out and flat. The screen on the right (off) has depth and the correct amount of brightness vs contrast. If you want more bright green in the turf - which is all the game needs really - simply adjust your nvidia RGB desktop settings: quick, easy and works fantastic.
Do you even know what AF is?

Anyway, that comparison wasnt good (wasnt shown from same angle and the picture itself is blurry).

AF aka Anisotropic Filtering makes the grass and other textures more sharper while viewing at an angle. Now the above picture was blur enough to make it unnoticeable. Anyway, this clear grass teztures is very noticeable during gameplay.

Made a huge difference on the goal nets, that's what I saw first when trying to see the difference, went and turned AF on as I'd turned it off at some stage :)

Setting Anisotropic Filtering to 16x (or 8x back in the old days of 2002 world cup) is the first thing I have been doing before startin a football game.

Fifa 2006-2010 on Pc without 16x AF looks like crap, especially that blurry grass.AF barely hits performance too.

So... in real life, you see the blurred objects?

I see them as in the image on the left. The quality is excellent textures and depth as well.

To me it does not affect me in performance. MSAA 4x, 16x AF, Ultra and 60fps with a GTX660Ti and i3-6100.

pd: oh my damm!

I did more than that, I tried AF 16x. Can't say I saw any difference, although it was already 8x by default so maybe that's why.
Yeah, you didn't see much because 8x AF is good too.

Trt 0x AF and see the blurred mess.

Anyway, it depends on person. Ou ain't graphics whore, so you won't notice it. Just play the game and enjoy.

Anyway, I would rather play with 0x AF to have Max LOD cause cloth physics and yada yada.

Anyway, it depends on person. Ou ain't graphics whore, so you won't notice it. Just play the game and enjoy.
It did seem slightly grainier maybe, in fact it seemed a bit harsh and harder to look at. I tend to prefer downgraded graphics in some cases for that reason, I find them easier on the eyes. But yeah, thoroughly enjoying the game, found some sliders and settings that get rid of most of the cheat boosts - the bane of my FIFA existence as you know - and just playing game after game right now. 0-0 every game, 1-0 maybe every 3-4 games, it's perfect.

Back
Top Bottom