FIFA 17 - PC Discussion

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
Seeing as the PC version is so different and hopefully will include modding it should have its own thread as before.

First demo "mod", some of the .ini tweaks from past versions work on the locale.ini file contained here:

\FIFA 17 DEMO\Data
Code:
HALF_LENGTH=10
AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH=10

Set to whatever you want but stamina probably won't be balanced at this point and players will be dead on their feet after a short time!

Code:
SKIP_BOOTFLOW=1

If you just want to start in the arena to practice shooting and such this starts you in the arena with Sergio Aguero.

Code:
STATE_TITLE_SCREEN_WITH_STARTBUTTON=0
TITLE_SCREEN_TIME_BEFORE_PRESS_START=0
STATE_LEGAL_SCREEN=0
LEGAL_SCREEN_DISPLAY_TIME=0
USE_LANGUAGE_SELECT = 0
AVAILABLE_LANG_1 = eng,us

(remove the USE_LANGUAGE_SELECT = 1 from lower down)

These should speed up loading but need some tweaking .

Seeing as the PC version is so different and hopefully will include modding it should have its own thread as before.

First demo "mod", some of the .ini tweaks from past versions work on the locale.ini file contained here:

\FIFA 17 DEMO\Data
Code:
HALF_LENGTH=10
AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH=10

Set to whatever you want but stamina probably won't be balanced at this point and players will be dead on their feet after a short time!

Code:
SKIP_BOOTFLOW=1

If you just want to start in the arena to practice shooting and such this starts you in the arena with Sergio Aguero.

Code:
STATE_TITLE_SCREEN_WITH_STARTBUTTON=0
TITLE_SCREEN_TIME_BEFORE_PRESS_START=0
STATE_LEGAL_SCREEN=0
LEGAL_SCREEN_DISPLAY_TIME=0
USE_LANGUAGE_SELECT = 0
AVAILABLE_LANG_1 = eng,us

(remove the USE_LANGUAGE_SELECT = 1 from lower down)

These should speed up loading but need some tweaking .
thanks

Did you try this to fix the fatigue issue?

Code:
FATIGUE = 0

[FATIGUE]
MAXENERGY = 1000

Aha trying now! But I read this didn't work in the Fifa 16 demo as stamina usage is somehow hard coded to 4 min halves? But we try! :)

I think the biggest thing we need right now is some way to save controller settings, I change multiple things such as tackling/2nd man press etc and it's a right pain setting it up each time!

Setting half to 45 real mins will make it easier to impress Jose in the 20 minute The Journey cameo ;)

Aha trying now! But I read this didn't work in the Fifa 16 demo as stamina usage is somehow hard coded to 4 min halves? But we try! :)

I think the biggest thing we need right now is some way to save controller settings, I change multiple things such as tackling/2nd man press etc and it's a right pain setting it up each time!

Setting half to 45 real mins will make it easier to impress Jose in the 20 minute The Journey cameo ;)

Did you copy/paste your buttonDataSetup.ini file from your previous FIFA 16 Documents folder to your FIFA 17 Demo documents folder? I will try it now and see if that works.

I read this didn't work in the Fifa 16 demo as stamina usage is somehow hard coded to 4 min halves? But we try! :)

It was possible to fix this fatigue problem with longer halves in previous demos by changing match length in the demo database. Of course we need the tools to extract and edit that first. And then hopefully we can modify sliders in the demo.

PC gamers : What graphic card are you playing on? On my HD7950 the game doesn't run that smooth as FIFA 16 did and it is up time to get the GPU upgraded. How many frames do you get playing on ultra?

PC gamers : What graphic card are you playing on? On my HD7950 the game doesn't run that smooth as FIFA 16 did and it is up time to get the GPU upgraded. How many frames do you get playing on ultra?

4gb AMD RX 480, on ultra 1080p I get like 160fps which is pointless as my monitor only does 60fps so will downscale from 2k or 4k probably.

anybody knows the requirements for each settings, im playing with high settings on a measly gtx 860m, feels alright tho

R9 fury (unlocked to FuryX) locked at 144fps on a 144hz freesync panel.

Drops to 72fps on cutscenes, free kicks goal kicks etc....

Ultra 1080p...vsync force in with radeon pro.

Your gpu is way better than ps4's to handle fifa 17. do you have vysnc on ? or try to work around radeon pro setting.

The game looks ugly during gameplay camera due to ugly lods. Why even give 'Ultra' graphics in settibgs panel if the lods arent maxed out?

Seems like the game is unmoddable now and it will take years to download the demo with 15 kb/s here...

We need ultra lods. And how does it perform on 980Ti during cutscenes? Just tell me the framerate of cutscenes, not gameplay. Preferrably at ultra 1440p

has anyone managed to use a Dualshock 4 in Fifa17? i cant seem to find the buttonconfig.ini where it used to be in previous versions

has anyone managed to use a Dualshock 4 in Fifa17? i cant seem to find the buttonconfig.ini where it used to be in previous versions

Yes I use one with inputmapper so it pretends it's an Xbox controller. There's a buttonDataSetup.ini file in C:\Users\<yournam>\Documents\FIFA 17 Demo

Cesc Fabregas said:
Also to note, the button data files still work. So just copy over the files from your FIFA 16 folder and your controller will work fine again.

First attempts at an early gameplay mod by Paulv2k4:

paulv2k4 said:
Heres my 1st attempt at a Gameplay patch

This uses the locale file within FIFA 17 DEMO / Data so please back it up!

One main feature of this patch is the huge reduction of the passing accuracy of the AI. I played 2 games vanilla, both times it came out 97% AI Pass Acc. 2 Games with my adjustments 78% and 80%. These games were Seattle vs Seattle for testing.

Hope this helps anyone who is annoyed like me by the ridiculous amount of times EA get this stuff wrong and keep "ping-pong" passing in the game.

Goodnight guys!

http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3958263&postcount=515

Just an old tip (worked on past FIFA games) for some who experienced strange stutter and a bit of lag at various times, not to mention the capped cut-scene frames. This is for NVIDIA gamers.

Make sure:

FIFA GAME SETTINGS:

Frame Rate is set to - No Limit on FPS

NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL:

Thread Optimization - OFF
Tripple Buffering - OFF
Vertical Sync - ON
Almost too smooth on ULTRA even.

Back
Top Bottom