FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

Are these new player ratings a joke or what, giving cristiano ronaldo a better rating than lionel messi, and giving payet pass rating 87 and busquets 71!!!!! Gerard pique while clearly one of the best defenders around isn t even mentioned, and jerome boateng is still considered the best in the game!!!! Big issues at ea.....

Are these new player ratings a joke or what, giving cristiano ronaldo a better rating than lionel messi, and giving payet pass rating 87 and busquets 71!!!!! Gerard pique while clearly one of the best defenders around isn t even mentioned, and jerome boateng is still considered the best in the game!!!! Big issues at ea.....

Yea, I think this was there worst year with rating players in a loooong time

If your playing single player why not just use sliders to find the right pace that you like

I guess you are right.
Tbh I´ve never thoroughly got myself into sliders, only shortly before FIFA 16 came out, I used them for FIFA 15.
Been playing FIFA 16 with vanilla sliders all the time.

So with sliders I could reduce the players sprint speed yeah?

Guess I´ll do so, in case I find it too fast.

The only explanation i see for this is the partnership of the Barcelona with konami

Barcelona stats didn't change much since FIFA 16. Rakitć and Alba updated +2 for example. However, EA stats were always a joke. Pique has 76 PHY, Alba 75 :LOL: T. Silva is still 89 OVR. EA, please. It's not 2010 anymore. At least Robben and Ribery got downgraded, finally. Stats are mostly based on popularity in most cases.

If your playing single player why not just use sliders to find the right pace that you like

I know two problems: even if you decrease this sliders, animations will still play withn "normal" speed so it will look weird and, more importantly, acceleration slider is linked to fatigue so if you reduce acceleration players will fatigue much less.

Still no official date for the demo? What the hell is going on?!
Player models definetely improved. LOT better. Plus you can really tell who is who from distance. Lamela, for example, looks so skinny.

Cannot wait to get this game. Haven't been this anxious for a game since I was a kid I think.

original.jpg

Graphics and animations looks pretty good. Gameplay looks responsive but my biggest gripe. EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE A CLONE!! Every team and every player is the same. Middlesbrough's passing looks like they are Bayern Munich. I had played a lot of games in FIFA and literally a League 2 side plays the same way a team like Barcelona would play. Heck I lost 2-1 against a League 2 side in World Class and won 5-0 against Barcelona with Chelsea. It's so bloody annoying and it makes the game so repetitive and boring after a while. When it comes to online, it's another thing. But offline is just not worth it.

From that video how have you come to the conclusion that Middlesbrough play like by Bayern ? I saw poor touches , Chelsea dominating , a panic clearance off the line , and cheap in possession..just wordering if there's another video I haven't watched

From that video how have you come to the conclusion that Middlesbrough play like by Bayern ? I saw poor touches , Chelsea dominating , a panic clearance off the line , and cheap in possession..just wordering if there's another video I haven't watched

That's the difficulty level.

looking good. great presentation and nothing beats playing on your own homeground. these are defenetily what makes FIFA worth getting. looks and sounds authentic.
didn't really notice the urgency while defending from Bournemouth.
looking forward to the demo

Gotta say the cutscenes look a lot more natural than the years before.
It´s just the transitions to other animations that are off like @4:30 when the player starts to run. Nitpicking though.

Nice chest pass @4:42. I hope that was intended.
yup the cut scenes and celebrations look much better. something about the dribbling does bother me but i can't really explain it

Night lighting was dull but in fifa 16 it was improved a bit. Day lighting is good but the Auto exposure was crap during clear weather (From 12:00pm to 3:00pm). Because durin gameplay camera the pitch and whole screen looses the brightness severely, just unreal. Atleast in cloudy weather it was good and I prefer cloudy in fifa 16 (its not overcast). Btw, I think clear weather is still dark in fifa 17, from some of the beta videos.

Day - Cloudy (1pm - 6/7pm in summer) - absolutely best lighting in FIFA 16. A normal, clear day lighting was so bad. The same opinion about the night lighting, overcast or cloudy. I didn't like it at all. Fortunately, there is a SweetFX + ReShade which helps the game to get much better and more realistic look. I wish I wouldn't have to use it, so fingers crossed for this year's lighting in the game.

I like finding players myself, can't stand those cheat sheets. Occasionally I'll use Sofifa to create a list of players in a specific age range that use a specific foot for a specific position (for example left footed wingers) but that's only because the ingame search is so woeful.

axvLBjl.png

I see some great signings for me in career mode :D

I hate fixed potential for players in FIFA. It ruins the replayability knowing every time you start a new season whose going to be a top player in the future. I wish it was actually based on match performance and form. Miss the good ole days of FIFA 08-FIFA 10.

Back
Top Bottom