FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

Take it you haven't watched a single Stoke match for about 3 years then? They're nothing like the Pulis side (thankfully).

It's the same beta everyone had is it not? No idea why they put demo in the youtube title (probably click bait) but it's clearly the beta.
Yeah, 100% click bait.

Still no official date for the demo? What the hell is going on?!
Player models definetely improved. LOT better. Plus you can really tell who is who from distance. Lamela, for example, looks so skinny.

Cannot wait to get this game. Haven't been this anxious for a game since I was a kid I think.

I don't know if this is true, don't really think it is, but it says on this website demo is coming out on September 6th, that'll be this upcoming Tuesday.

http://fifa17news.com/fifa-17-dates-demo-date-release-date-web-app-date-and-many-more/

That link was posted previously and is garbage, they don't even have the official release date correct.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/450783/FIFA 17 demo comes out on September 13/

Skip to 11:28 of the video, confirms September 13th.

Watched the Liverpool Stoke video.

The same problems from previous versions:

- All goals from inside the box
- One foul all game
- AI boring , repetitive and probably identical in style.
(Some weirdo mentined that stoke play short passes in FIFA 17 because its how they play on real life, So you're claiming that teams will have distinct styles? How did you reach this conclusion or you're just simply making false claims?)
- And of course the 90 minute scripted goal.

Oh well ...

- One foul all game
(Some weirdo mentined that stoke play short passes in FIFA 17 because its how they play on real life, So you're claiming that teams will have distinct styles? How did you reach this conclusion or you're just simply making false claims?)

Oh well ...
My biggest gripes with what I have seen so far and an age old problem on FIFA
The AI movement as a team us pathetic. You don't see them moving as a unit. It's 2-3 players at most trying to get into positions to try and open up play.

Fifa 16 I found myself yelling at the TV for players to get into positions when I was trying to attack.

My biggest gripes with what I have seen so far and an age old problem on FIFA
The AI movement as a team us pathetic. You don't see them moving as a unit. It's 2-3 players at most trying to get into positions to try and open up play.

Fifa 16 I found myself yelling at the TV for players to get into positions when I was trying to attack.

Yup too systematic and linear. Every match you are forced into the same sequence of passes either to an always free fullback or a boring one two in midfield.

Add to that the fact that every team is camped in their box, Most goals are from the edge of the six yard box or inside the area.

Tedious and boring.

Yup too systematic and linear. Every match you are forced into the same sequence of passes either to an always free fullback or a boring one two in midfield.

Add to that the fact that every team is camped in their box, Most goals are from the edge of the six yard box or inside the area.

Tedious and boring.

Day 1 purchase for you? :-)

- One foul all game

Oh well ...

If that's aimed at me I posted a video of how stoke play and that makes me a weirdo..mods please address this 12 year old behaviour unless they are 12 and behaving in line with their age then I'll let it go

Wonder if any of the beta players tinkered with the tactics and found them to be working.

If that's aimed at me I posted a video of how stoke play and that makes me a weirdo..mods please address this 12 year old behaviour unless they are 12 and behaving in line with their age then I'll let it go
Ignore him mate, he's just being an arsehole for some reason.

So Stoke play like every CPU team in Fifa 15-16-17?

There is no doubt that FIFA looks good this year but I have always felt some kind of scripting taking place at key moments, so it ends up frustrating rather than enjoyable.

There is no doubt that FIFA looks good this year but I have always felt some kind of scripting taking place at key moments, so it ends up frustrating rather than enjoyable.
There's always been such a "scripting" both online and offline. I don't know why, it just seems it's there to make matches more "tense".

Then, you may want to separate the "scripting" from the impact engine fails like the one that follows:

I was playing FIFA 12 yesterday afternoon, Seattle (me) vs. Philadelphia.
At minute 45 they had a counter, I performed a perfect sliding tackle to dispossess the opponent just inside the box... 100% ball, and... Penalty. :SHOCK:

Looking at the replay, it looked like my defender unwillingly tripped an opponent (unrelated to the ball carrier) with his arm while starting the sliding tackle.
By giving it a closer look, I saw that the opponent was just jogging near my man as my man was going down for the sliding tackle and stumbled upon his arm.

In a similar fashion, I had a dozen of weird penalties awarded against in FIFA 16 (each of them happening as my keeper tipped the ball over the bar).
It turned out the game would count it as a handball if it had been previously deflected by a defender (like in this case):

i've switched off this option
Pure io... :RANT:

Handball decisions made by the referee were abysmal at times in FIFA 16 and they never got fixed (to the extent that, like you, also I had to de-activate handballs in the box, leaving them on only for the rest of the pitch).
Surely a bug in the engine, which probably counts a cross deflected by a defender like it's a backpass (expecting the keeper not to be allowed to tip it over the bar).
The bad thing is that it's been reported several ways in the forums, to Rob, to the live chat... And they did nothing about it (at least until patch 1.06, that's when I decided to turn handballs off in the box).

Back
Top Bottom