FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

I hate fixed potential for players in FIFA. It ruins the replayability knowing every time you start a new season whose going to be a top player in the future. I wish it was actually based on match performance and form. Miss the good ole days of FIFA 08-FIFA 10.

It's not been fixed for 3 or 4 Fifas though, players can fail to reach their potential if not played enough, likewise players can surpass their potential if played regularly during their prime development years.

They should introduce the Football Manager potential system where players are given a ranking up to I think is -6.

So - means a potential of 90-100, -5 is 80-90 and so on... Doesn't quite solve the problem but least every career game will be different.

But then don't have a clue about player stats.. Not seen Exeter obviously, but year on year our best players are always the shit scorers..

It's not been fixed for 3 or 4 Fifas though, players can fail to reach their potential if not played enough, likewise players can surpass their potential if played regularly during their prime development years.

I guess I am in a strange career mode spree. I put young players in bench and they grow crazily whereas I have a 25 years old unknown striker that scores 41 goals in PL and didn't grow a single point due to his fixed potential. That has happened to me in FIFA 15. In FIFA 16, I usually just used the training so I didn't notice much of that. I hope what you are saying is true in FIFA 17, which would mean that I can grow an unknown player based on their match performance and make him a superstar.

fifa-17-demo.jpg

lhjhbB9.gif

Probably the same build. Some people saying the game speed is different, some people don't. The usual stuff when it comes to this, you know ;)

Will this be the year of correct badges?
Promoted teams wearing the PL logo,teams relagated wearing The FL logo?
Or is that to much to ask?
It's only 2016 EA,and FIFA has been around for ages.
How about 3 games suspension for a red card?
And no,don't need any smart kit remarks from the PC crowd,I know you can change them there.
That has been pretty much my only complain for this series the last years
Let's hope

Last edited:
Will this be the year of correct badges?
Promoted teams wearing the PL logo,teams relagated wearing The FL logo?
Or is that to much to ask?
It's only 2016 EA,and FIFA has been around for ages.
How about 3 games suspension for a red card?
And no,don't need any smart kit remarks from the PC crowd,I know you can change them there.
That has been pretty much my only complain for this series the last years
Let's hope
Its because the league logo is part of the kit design, in Pro Evo the game displays the league badge that is selected, EA should do the same thing.

I have to admit this is looking damn good. Watched a Boro v Liverpool match on YouTube and I like the flow of the game.

I will probably buy this AND PES this year.

-2 feels slower than the demo and it doesn't feel right, the animations suffer and seemingly the keepers, playing at 0 fixes this and is as good as the demo, very odd as the demo felt fine on -2.

Hopefully have a video soon from an excellent master league game uploaded.
Hopefully posted in the right thread. ;)

So according to Twitter, the demo will be available today 2pm UK time if you change the location to New Zealand.

Back
Top Bottom