FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

I absolutely agree, but back in 2012 when I was lucky enough to visit the team in Vancouver, the word "Metacritic" came up a few times. The higher-ups definitely put that score into the equation, even with the best-selling games. If there's a noticeable dip, I think they'll take notice. But otherwise, like you say, they'll keep counting the money.

2012? Was that before UT? Nowadays, they'll only take notice of the critics if their reviews affect sales. But I don't think they would now. UT is just so huge among the kids and they all want bragging rights in the playground, the critics views don't matter at all.

Every single year we get the same rhetoric..he patch has killed the game..in 2016 the patches were great especially the last one.

Multi Player Online is crap - to be fair it probably always will be - if you have a football game that allows 22 people to do what they want what do you expect --same for any multi player game really..best sticking with mates who play a similar way in the same room in my opinion for good multi player

Every single year we get the same rhetoric..he patch has killed the game..in 2016 the patches were great especially the last one.

Multi Player Online is crap - to be fair it probably always will be - if you have a football game that allows 22 people to do what they want what do you expect --same for any multi player game really..best sticking with mates who play a similar way in the same room in my opinion for good multi player

Yes the last patch for Fifa 16 is really really really good:SHOCK:
I haven't the beta of Fifa 17, so i can't tell if it's true or false.
I only want the demo and EA ACCESS to judge by myself if it's a garbage or a good game:COOL:

Can anyone with beta confirm if the defensive midfielders will stay back if given the instruction to do so this year?

Yes the last patch for Fifa 16 is really really really good:SHOCK:
I haven't the beta of Fifa 17, so i can't tell if it's true or false.
I only want the demo and EA ACCESS to judge by myself if it's a garbage or a good game:COOL:
when did u get the latest patch of fifa 16, i haven't had any patch since buying it a couple of months ago....

Really dont know what to think. From vids it looks and "feels" like 16 which im tired of. Need to try the demo. I loved the demo of 16, and the game itself at the begining but then.... EA patched it.

Can anyone with beta confirm if the defensive midfielders will stay back if given the instruction to do so this year?

You can do that on FIFA 16, but its not where it should be.

You know those custom tactics? The default shooting is 65, that's what makes every freaking player go up. Play on something like 35 and you will see a huge difference, you can even afford to put balanced attacking runs on your side backs and they will be perfect. If the CDMs and CMs have stay back and shooting is low you will feel in total control of when they join attack, they will only do so if you involve them on a play with the R1.

On the 17 beta the CDMs are very smart, whenever you are trapped in the back passing side to side and there is no decent option, your CDM will step back so you can have an option to pass, actually pretty much every player can do this. The offensive flow is just insane in 17, maybe its even too easy cause the defenders are still so bad at recognizing space and runs.

Thanks for that info about FIFA 17 defensive midfielders and the attacking AI. Sounds promising.

In Fifa 16 I pretty much always have 30s for the shooting slider in custom tactics BTW. Otherwise I find everyone and his dog is running offside.

Patch has done absolutely nothing to the game speed, just FYI.
You should look at the Beta Feedback forums. They are calling you a liar because their most clicked thread is the one claiming the patch returned everything back to FIFA 16 levels of speed and arcade.

You should look at the Beta Feedback forums. They are calling you a liar because their most clicked thread is the one claiming the patch returned everything back to FIFA 16 levels of speed and arcade.

I did wonder why I had been struggling to sleep lately...

My mate is beta testing and we've noticed no difference at all. He's extremely finicky and times the runs he makes from areas of the pitch and has noticed no difference in player speeds.

But if people are complaining, then they are obviously seeing/feeling something different. Doesn't matter how many folk say it's faster, slower or the exact same - if they aren't happy, what does it matter?

Back
Top Bottom