FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

Goalgerd both pes and fifa players do it. I have been screaming look long in many of these videos as well lol. They don't even think to swing a ball high and wide other than to cross into the box. Fifa atleast has the variation on trajectories but no one seems to use it.

Goalgerd both pes and fifa players do it. I have been screaming look long in many of these videos as well lol. They don't even think to swing a ball high and wide other than to cross into the box. Fifa atleast has the variation on trajectories but no one seems to use it.

it's shocking that these 2 football games are basically basketball games then , you might as well be playing nba jam

See, the problem I have with adjusting the CPU pass error in FIFA 16 is that when you turn it up, it doesn't alter their passing in an "organic" fashion. Instead they just randomly boot the ball for throw ins even when they're under no pressure whatsoever, or their crosses end up rocketing off in some odd direction.

I agree. I found it better to reduce CPU passing speed. They would still attempt passes at reasonable speed, reducing chances of interception, but the consequent errors seemed more realistic and 'organic'.

Sorry for slightly OT. Enjoying reading everyone's impressions of FIFA 17.

Still no date for the Demo? That's really strange. Almost one month away for the full game to be released!

snow texture as asual..is really bad!

That´s true.

Snow shouldn´t be in the pitch, just outside behind the sideline.
That would make it much better.
And seeing the players´ breath in cold air would be nice.
Interesting that FIFA doesn´t have it unlike PES, even they show so much love for little details, but that´s nitpicking.

I hated snowgames in the last releases. Good, that you can set the weather in a CM before starting the match.

Saw some nice footage and some not so nice.

I´m fine with it visually...waiting for the demo.

Ever consider that some vids look fast bc they are being played on fast? The vast majority have shown the speed to be the same as fifa 16

Have no issue with speed in the beta the videos being uploaded are not representative of the actual pace plus as mentioned before speed in options is set to fast by default for some reason wonder how many are using it in these videos

I think 1v1 the gk are a bit too easy right now if this was the release i would be upping the gk slider

Day time games in summer look superb

Absolutely. Trust me the game feels nothing like the videos in terms of weight and speed. Stick it on slow and as long as EA don't mess about with it too much, you'll enjoy it.

And oh my days the Nets are perfection.

Absolutely. Trust me the game feels nothing like the videos in terms of weight and speed. Stick it on slow and as long as EA don't mess about with it too much, you'll enjoy it.

And oh my days the Nets are perfection.

Thx!

That´s actually what I thought, right when I saw that first ugly one with Reus playing.

I guess it will be the same as previous years. Great demo (pace, balance, AI). Then kids will cry on EA forums for changes and EA will release patch that makes game like it was in the previous years. Yuck.

Yuck, each to their own but I'm still playing single player and its close to 2017 release. i thought the last couple of patches have been great for FIFA 16. I've only altered a couple of sliders too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Us6gchCaQ

Leaked story mode sorry if it has been posted already probably has

I hate that EA have spent time o features like that, it's almost as if they think the gameplay is perfect.

I know many will disagree but I think they should have focused more on gameplay tweaks and perhaps focusing on team individuality, adaptable a.i and more emphasis on player individuality.

Then again I understand why they've done that. It's yet another bullet point to add to the game marketing.

I know many will disagree but I think they should have focused more on gameplay tweaks and perhaps focusing on team individuality, adaptable a.i and more emphasis on player individuality.
Not many in here will disagree, I reckon. We all want the gameplay to improve. Particularly team identity and individuality.

I've got no interest in playing as an imaginary player, I want to be me. Which is why it's even more annoying, to me, that in the manager mode, you have a selection of 11 pre-made avatars that I can't identify with.

This is the curse of Frostbite.

Not many in here will disagree, I reckon. We all want the gameplay to improve. Particularly team identity and individuality.

I've got no interest in playing as an imaginary player, I want to be me. Which is why it's even more annoying, to me, that in the manager mode, you have a selection of 11 pre-made avatars that I can't identify with.

This is the curse of Frostbite.

Honestly if EA could implement a real adaptive a.i like what Konami have suggested, (I say suggested as I've not tested it for myself and I've not really seen any evidence of it in gameplay videos) and really emphasise the different ways teams play, the game would be close to perfect for me.

I guess a.i is probably not a major focus point for them, as ultimate team is probably the biggest draw for people. You look at a typical fifa youtuber that get millions of views and it's all pack opening videos, hence why EA are shouting about a new pack opening animation, I mean man I look at things like that and it depresses me.

As someone that rarely plays online I really hate how online focused gaming has become.

Imagine if online multiplayer wasn't a thing, EA would focus all their attention on career mode, and a.i, it would be beautiful.

Honestly if EA could implement a real adaptive a.i like what Konami have suggested, (I say suggested as I've not tested it for myself and I've not really seen any evidence of it in gameplay videos) and really emphasise the different ways teams play, the game would be close to perfect for me.

I guess a.i is probably not a major focus point for them, as ultimate team is probably the biggest draw for people. You look at a typical fifa youtuber that get millions of views and it's all pack opening videos, hence why EA are shouting about a new pack opening animation, I mean man I look at things like that and it depresses me.

As someone that rarely plays online I really hate how online focused gaming has become.

Imagine if online multiplayer wasn't a thing, EA would focus all their attention on career mode, and a.i, it would be beautiful.
It is the way of reaching a worldwide audience which results in more sales, more money.
The presentation is absolutely stunning. They really captured all the lovely bits you wanna see on screen before and during the game

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

That's the dream, for me (that and/or an online manager mode in a persistent universe that doesn't involve silly cards).

But unless we get another developer on the scene (if only Sony could reappear with This Is Football), or online gaming dies (come on governments, ban online gaming, you know you want to)... It'll never happen, you're right. :(

I mean, at this point, I'd take being able to play the standard career mode online with a friend instead of having to be at their house or vice-versa. But even that's asking too much.

It is the way of reaching a worldwide audience which results in more sales, more money.
The presentation is absolutely stunning. They really captured all the lovely bits you wanna see on screen before and during the game

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes absolutely.

At the end of the day publishers want to make money, that's why micro transactions and paid dlc is so big nowadays.

There's also no doubting that Fifa is a slick experience, from the in game menus, to the soundtrack, to the match day atmosphere.

That's the dream, for me (that and/or an online manager mode in a persistent universe that doesn't involve silly cards).

But unless we get another developer on the scene (if only Sony could reappear with This Is Football), or online gaming dies (come on governments, ban online gaming, you know you want to)... It'll never happen, you're right. :(

I mean, at this point, I'd take being able to play the standard career mode online with a friend instead of having to be at their house or vice-versa. But even that's asking too much.

To be honest I'd even be happy if they decided to throw micro transactions (non-essential of course) to career mode, if it meant they'd focus on it more. I mean perhaps transfer budget, so if someone wanted 1 billion pounds for their team they could purchase it as dlc, so that way they could make money, but anyone not wanting to spend money could still get enjoyment out of their offline career. I guess you could look at football manager too, they have micro transactions that can change the offline game, but are in no way essential

There's some things that I don't understand the absence of, like the chemistry thing in ultimate team, why can't they implement something like this in career mode. It's the equivalent of team spirit in pes.

To be honest I'd even be happy if they decided to throw micro transactions (non-essential of course) to career mode, if it meant they'd focus on it more. I mean perhaps transfer budget, so if someone wanted 1 billion pounds for their team they could purchase it as dlc, so that way they could make money, but anyone not wanting to spend money could still get enjoyment out of their offline career. I guess you could look at football manager too, they have micro transactions that can change the offline game, but are in no way essential
Yeah - they do it in every game they make (particularly sports games), and they do it with Ultimate Team, so there should be nothing stopping them.

Whatever you do in single-player in terms of microtransactions doesn't affect anyone else, either - whereas in their golf games... I don't know if it's still the case now, but a few years ago, if you couldn't be bothered levelling up your golfer, you could give him/her the perfect stats with a microtransaction. Who you can then use online. Hitting your ball 400 yards and getting hole-in-ones. So if everyone else didn't do the same, they may as well go and get a refund for the game.

Slightly off-topic... But, my point is, if they do it everywhere else, why don't they try it for career mode and give us the hope of some new features (other than "you can be your team's marketing manager" - no thanks)...

Here's the thing,doesn't matter which of the games you play.
The market nowadays is all about "experience that suits as many as possible"
You see it in mainstream movies,music,fashion,the modern arena experince,you name it,it's everywhere.
Think a third party that really dares,and understand our "small" market would be the solution.
Just like independent movie makers etc,all about making good stuff.
The sim thing,won't happend with FIFA or the other game.
Think those times when they cared about our fan base,that ship has sailed a long time ago
You either accept what's being produced,or you don't.
Sadly

Whatever you do in single-player in terms of microtransactions doesn't affect anyone else, either - whereas in their golf games... I don't know if it's still the case now, but a few years ago, if you couldn't be bothered levelling up your golfer, you could give him/her the perfect stats with a microtransaction. Who you can then use online. Hitting your ball 400 yards and getting hole-in-ones. So if everyone else didn't do the same, they may as well go and get a refund for the game.

Yeah pay to win isn't a mechanic I like at all, and while micro transactions won't be going anywhere I'd like those mechanics to go away.

But as you say in offline play it wouldn't affect anyone so I'd be happy for them to add lot's of micro transactions if it meant that the focus would shift to career mode, but again as we know I'd say the core audience of Fifa is interested in ultimate team.

The concept is great in theory, but I just don't enjoy online games where people do whatever they can to win, the games are just unrealistic. I'd rather lose 2-0 playing a good game of football, than win 3-0 sprinting down the wings non-stop.

You either accept what's being produced,or you don't.
Sadly

You're right, and each year I'm closer and closer to just not accepting it and simply not playing football games anymore. I can see myself turning into a "casual" gamer and playing football manager touch on an ipad and not even owning a console.

Even though I'm being quite negative, I'm still looking forward to playing Fifa 17 this year, in terms of value for money there's not much entertainment out there that costs £40 and lasts 12 months.

Last edited:
Yeah pay to win isn't a mechanic I like at all, and while micro transactions won't be going anywhere I'd like those mechanics to go away.

But as you say in offline play it wouldn't affect anyone so I'd be happy for them to add lot's of micro transactions if it meant that the focus would shift to career mode, but again as we know I'd say the core audience of Fifa is interested in ultimate team.

The concept is great in theory, but I just don't enjoy online games where people do whatever they can to win, the games are just unrealistic. I'd rather lose 2-0 playing a good game of football, than win 3-0 sprinting down the wings non-stop.

You're right, and each year I'm closer and closer to just not accepting it and simply not playing football games anymore. I can see myself turning into a "casual" gamer and playing football manager touch on an ipad and not even owning a console.

Even though I'm being quite negative, I'm still looking forward to playing Fifa 17 this year, in terms of value for money there's not much entertainment out there that costs £40 and lasts 12 months.
Hear you,and agree,even though im waiting til i see some proper CM/player career mode videos.
Usually play both,first PC,then retiring into Manager mode.
And the first one is sadly a joke,or more of an insult.
Since I'm not FIFA through and through,I'll go with the other first,but usually play both.
And for what's it worth,value of game,guess my purchase of the,treading carefully here,hoops game,man that's give me value each year,5-10 seasons at least.

oh man what i wouldnt give for an online career mode in FIFA maybe have different lobbys or private ones but they know it will take sales from FUT when you can buy ronaldo/messi with fake in game cash instead of people buying coins

i played career on 16 with my cousin 2 player coop it was superb so much fun even an online coop would be brilliant

Back
Top Bottom