FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

15 to 50 GB means we're getting some great textures and possibly 4k support for PC, it's almost 4 times more than last game lol, it can't just be that new story mode. The frostbite will push the visuals to the maximum on PC for sure, possibly lots of other new modes and stadiums, clubs and so on they haven't revealed yet. I've got good vibes from this for some reason.

But hey, as i'm a PES PC player, anything's better for me than what i get from Konami.

Last edited:
Nope :) ..people are just extremely picky these days

15 to 50 GB means we're getting some great textures and possibly 4k support for PC, it's almost 4 times more than last game lol, it can't just be that new story mode. The frostbite will push the visuals to the maximum on PC for sure, possibly lots of other new modes and stadiums, clubs and so on they haven't revealed yet. I've got good vibes from this for some reason.

But hey, as i'm a PES PC playter, anything's better for me than what i get from Konami.
Bro when it says 50 gb it doesnt mean literally 50 gb, its gonna be 35gb, always when a game is mentioned to require more than 20 gb its usually less by 10 gbs, over 30 means less by 15 gb, only few games require 50 gb, and by that i mean wolfenstein games were big because of megatextures, same like the new doom coz idtech6 works like that. As u can see bf4 is 25gb original install.

Bro when it says 50 gb it doesnt mean literally 50 gb, its gonna be 35gb, always when a game is mentioned to require more than 20 gb its usually less by 10 gbs, over 30 means less by 15 gb, only few games require 50 gb, and by that i mean wolfenstein games were big because of megatextures, same like the new doom coz idtech6 works like that. As u can see bf4 is 25gb original install.

well how much space did they recommend for 2016?

Yeah, people are suddenly acting weird while most of the next gen games are at 30-70GB range. Just buy the physical copy if downloading bothers.

Yeah, people are suddenly acting weird while most of the next gen games are at 30-70GB range. Just buy the physical copy if downloading bothers.
I will, most likely, buy the physical copy as usual.
But I can't see it being distributed on 10 DVDs (I hardly remember DVD-DL discs being used for games, might be wrong): it would probably be sold on blu-ray discs (two of them, or three) and I don't see many people having blu-ray readers in their rigs (I do for archiving reasons, I have a blu-ray writer, but that's another story).

I will, most likely, buy the physical copy as usual.
But I can't see it being distributed on 10 DVDs (I hardly remember DVD-DL discs being used for games, might be wrong): it would probably be sold on blu-ray discs (two of them, or three) and I don't see many people having blu-ray readers in their rigs (I do for archiving reasons, I have a blu-ray writer, but that's another story).

Yeah, there are no blu ray drives in my country. So I have to stick with downloading.

By the way, I hate it how they still use disks. Disk are too sensitive and de easily. They should release games with some kind of Pen drive or whatever it is with USB 3.0 or......

I reckon we should stop talking about the 50GB situation now and keep this on being a news thread in regards to FIFA 17.

50GB it is what it is.

The downloadable game might be around 25/30 GB, but after installation it can be that 50 GB then.

Last edited:
Can we please stop talking about the 50GB..

It is moving this thread away from topic and we know the recommend spec now so there is no need to continue the conversation and flooding this forum topic with it.

That gameplay video from a few pages ago was removed due to copyright. Does anybody have any other way that I can still watch it?

got a beta invite for career mode, interested if others have any additional info other than the invite? what can i expect in terms of amount of teams that will be playable?

got a beta invite for career mode, interested if others have any additional info other than the invite? what can i expect in terms of amount of teams that will be playable?
:CRY:

Please let us know what (if anything) has changed in career mode - if the NDA allows you to... :CRY:

Will share what I see/my experience as long as the EA goons won't track me down!

Been a long, long-time lurker here and have always appreciated FIFA discussion/sliders so I'm happy to provide input as well.

It's galling that sites like Futhead did a sit down with the CM producer so know all the answers to the eternal question (ie is there any new stuff in CM this year or did they invest their annual £3 CM budget on "the journey" and us CM fans get shafted yet again), but they're not allowed to release anything until Gamescom (starts August 17th).

Back
Top Bottom