FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

Whatever are you suggesting, Asim?

1128s3k.jpg

Lol low blow. We all know that FIFA is all about graphics of course... What could we expect from Konami's boy Asim but a brainless come-back ?? Fanboys be Fanboys

I honestly think this one of Konamis major issues. They have people like this as part of the company writing on social media. I doubt it helps the company's/brand image as they come across as immature.

Even if it is tongue in cheek we are talking about representing a multi million pound brand.

Its just something you would never see off an EA sports representative. Sure they talk the game up but they do it in a professional manor

Someone needs to take that GIF keyboard off you Zee, you're using the same ones on a loop now. ;)

I seriously doubt any of these guys Asim or Adam have ever played a Saturday or Sunday league game. I think their whole football experience is built around gaming. And not just them a lot of the other dev's too. I'm not saying you would have had to have played to understand the game but sometimes some of the shite they come out with shows that they have no understanding how the game really plays. I mean i don't know much about animations but you have to just watch and try to copy how players run, pass head the ball. You can come on and give a load of office speak but with people born and raised on football it don't wash. Not sure if i've strayed off topic.:CONFUSE:

FUT LIVE! AT GAMESCOM - FIFA 17 - EA SPORTS

Mark your calendars for FUT LIVE! at Gamescom on August 16th at 10:30am PT / 6:30pm UK / 7:30pm CET. During this hour-long live stream, we'll be revealing exciting news about the feature set for Ultimate Team™. Get the first look at two new modes in FUT, new Legends, and a lot more!

FUT LIVE! will also see the premiere of the brand new Gameplay Trailer for FIFA 17 and a first look at a new FIFA on Mobile.

Save the date, August 16th, FUT LIVE! at Gamescom will be the kick-off of FUT 17!

Pre-order FIFA 17 Super Deluxe Edition and get up to 40 FIFA Ultimate Team Jumbo Premium Gold Packs, Team of the Week loan players, and other great FUT content! Click here to read about all our available pre-order offers.

I only care about gameplay videos, licenses (what about Barca, Milan, Inter and other Italian teams, cause rumours say KONAMI deal) and demo release date.

FUT sucks.

Pray that response time ins't garbage like Fifa and Pes 14. Fifa 16 had good response time and I hope it stays that way :/

Edit: By the way ^, cool stuff.

But the 3D grass is looking damn awful. looks very similar to shitty Pes 3d grass.

Oh, you mean like the ones you used to promote PES 2015 for PC both on the cover of the retail copy and on the Steam page? :FAIL:

it gets better, aLe!

He claims that PS4 screens and trailer were put on steam by mistake. If that's true then not only did they make the same "mistake" 2 years in a row on steam but the same "mistakes" were made on back covers of retail versions of PES 2015 & 2016. Mistake my ass!
Atleast they won't be able to use that excuse for PES 2017.:SMUG:

I wish they would add half empty stadiums for when you are in the second tiers or below expectations. More generic stadiums would be nice for lower tiers too. Seats being your team color would be cool too.

Just little details for immersion add up.

Again, youth team should be much simpler than what they do. Regens according to your youth development money alloted. So if you allot a big chunk of your budget to youth, you get better chances of getting good regens. Also regens should mostly be of the country the team is in.

All the Bundesliga stadiums would be nice too.

Also regens should mostly be of the country the team is in.
Totally agree.

So if you allot a big chunk of your budget to youth, you get better chances of getting good regens.
I somehow agree with you here, too.
I wouldn't really like to automagically find better regens just because I spent more money in the youth team but I'd surely be more than happy to grow better regens instead.
Ideally regens need to start more or less equal to each other (mostly), then they should develop differently according to how many facilities they have and according to how good these facilities are (so, in the end, according to how much money you spend).

How long does Fifa online services stay alive? For ex: how long will I be able to play Fifa 16 online?
Aren't FIFA 12 servers still alive? Or am I mistaken?

it gets better, aLe!
Well, to be fair not even EA is completely "clean" when it comes to touched up screens: I remember a screenshot (was it from FIFA 11 or FIFA 12?) where they added artificial blur to the background to simulate depth of field but forgot to add it between the player's legs (so the adboards were all blurred around the player but perfectly sharp in the gap between his legs while {running|kicking}, I don't remember what he was doing).

Have to say those screens do look legit (I tip my hat to whomever made them if they are fake!) and it sounds very intriguing indeed, it's possible they actually made some big improvements this year! Imagine taking a league 2 club and building their brand into ManUtd scales that'd be awesome!

"Brand Exposure" is nothing to do with the manager, though. That's the marketing guy's job.

Also, notice the manager avatar section. Exactly the same situation as the Rory McIlroy golf game - pick from 12 heads that look nothing like you and you can't customise. Rubbish.

Well the fact youth is one of the criteria, hopefully there's ways to invest more time in that, would be awesome to be able to play the U21 development team matches or something along those lines. Imagine if there could be a meld of the two types of CM, manager mode with one of the youth players being your "be a pro" so you play as just that player in the dev matches and grow him to be good enough for the first team...

"Brand Exposure" is nothing to do with the manager, though. That's the marketing guy's job.

Also, notice the manager avatar section. Exactly the same situation as the Rory McIlroy golf game - pick from 12 heads that look nothing like you and you can't customise. Rubbish.

I thought this too.

FIFA isn't FM, there's no need for in depth options about marketing and stuff, it was the same in the old PES master league too. If they want to include these hings perhaps they should go for a club boss type mode that PES tried a few years back

Back
Top Bottom