FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

Liking the slower pace, although I reckon that will be patched out on Day 1. It seems like we go down this route every year. Early footage is slow and gets quicker the closer we get to release date.

Also, it's still so easy to knock the ball around. The marking is so lax going forward that there's always somebody open. You never have the ball and think, "Oh crap, what do I do now?"

Liking the slower pace, although I reckon that will be patched out on Day 1. It seems like we go down this route every year. Early footage is slow and gets quicker the closer we get to release date.

Also, it's still so easy to knock the ball around. The marking is so lax going forward that there's always somebody open. You never have the ball and think, "Oh crap, what do I do now?"

To be fair you rarely see Premiership or top European teams "crapping themselves" when they have the ball. The big league teams always seem to allow opposition time on the ball. Very rare it's high intensity now unless it's Sunday league.

To be fair you rarely see Premiership or top European teams "crapping themselves" when they have the ball. The big league teams always seem to allow opposition time on the ball. Very rare it's high intensity now unless it's Sunday league.
The thing is, all of this is related to difficulty level, and I have a feeling that the video we're talking about was played on Professional (or easier).

If the difficulty was cranked up by a single notch, I'm willing to bet the marking will become much closer (which is crap - it shouldn't change a team's gameplan, only their ability to carry it out correctly, but that's the lack of complexity we're looking at for the time-being).

The thing is, all of this is related to difficulty level, and I have a feeling that the video we're talking about was played on Professional (or easier).

If the difficulty was cranked up by a single notch, I'm willing to bet the marking will become much closer (which is crap - it shouldn't change a team's gameplan, only their ability to carry it out correctly, but that's the lack of complexity we're looking at for the time-being).

Quite.

I'd rather stab myself in the eyes than watching anything with that attention seeking twat KSI.

:LMAO::LMAO:
the point i was trying to make was that i am not impressed with the movement of FIFA17. i expected better.
FIFA13 looks much more lose and free compared to what i've seen from FIFA17 till now

FIFA13 looks much more lose and free compared to what i've seen from FIFA17 till now
Did you not see the bit within the first minute of gameplay (2:20 onwards) where the midfielder's pass is intercepted by the defending midfielder, and that guy's pass is intercepted by the defending midfielder, and then that guy's pass is intercepted by the defending midfielder...

That ball is not even close to being "loose and free"...

Last edited:
Did you not see the bit within the first minute where the midfielder's pass is intercepted by the defender, and that defender's pass is intercepted by the midfielder, and then that midfielder's pass is intercepted by the defender, and then that defender's pass is intercepted by the midfielder, etc...

That ball is not even close to being "loose and free"...
I was focusing a bit more on the players animations. Instead of the ball. They don't appear to have weight like they do in FIFA13 .
Maybe I am not explaining myself correctly but those gameplay videos of FIFA17 just look wrong.
Not the lighting not the movements nor the physics have impressed me.
Looks like they only focused on the licensing this year

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

that's the principle of LOD and you need it to have the game running at steady FPS...

not trying to defend anything here, but yeah, this is completely normal

that's the principle of LOD and you need it to have the game running at steady FPS...

not trying to defend anything here, but yeah, this is completely normal
No, in closeups, you should see maximum detail, LOD is only relevant for cameras that are far away.

im not judging anything until ive played it..crappy photos under who know what circumstance doesn't tell me anything..im away with work this week and have brought my ps4 with me to ease the boredom, guess what on the hotel tv the faces, pitch etc look crap compared to my 4k tv..who knew

The goals are too far from the stands. Typical EA.

allianz-lg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom