FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

I still think the gloss hasn't been added. Even the weird 3d grass when the psg player celebrated wasn't close to last year's offering. That has to be pre alpha or something

The game play vid is really old build. Complaints were never warranted. No net physics implementation yet. Nor was there any magic spray semi circle for the free-kick. Cosmetic changes were left out and so I think there's nothing to worry about. The Fifa demos also often seem to be attack favoured. But that always gets balanced by the final game

That makes sense, yeah.

Those nets in the final game would be very strange, since they were good in the last games, except for 15 maybe, where the bar kept hopping up every friggin time :)

Frostbite engine can handle net physics for sure.
I don't expect a terrible transition period from EA like Konami's. (Hopefully :))

Frostbite engine can handle net physics for sure.
I don't expect a terrible transition period from EA like Konami's. (Hopefully :))

I'm confident the Frostbite engine will improve graphics and physics.My main concern is that gameplay won't get as much attention as it needs.

Did anyone else noticed that the graphics of Fifa 17 look quite similar to that of Fifa 14 Ng presentation video? Maybe that Fifa 14 video was running on frostbite to show off graphics.

Hmm despite the horrific music and poor video quality I was quite impressed with that TBH, speed looks good, movement and such looks decent, like the way the ball moves, Chelsea were AI right? Like how they passed/moved/attacked, seemed very different to previous Fifas, getting to the wing and cutting back and then a short low pass into the box and stuff like that.

Presumably EA will have it removed so I uploaded it here as well just in case: http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/5mdHwzii/file.html and https://mega.nz/#!0tJk0DJQ!U1r8kzw4jmagpTtz-f5gqpj2L_y4sIGrB8OBoudtS0k

It's official for me, Frosbite is only a engine which improves the game superficially, like lightning and level of textures details. Physically and in animations terms it remains the same. Old players models too.

Sounds like a Fox Engine, but without Havok, but i don't think current gen consoles can handle more than what we've got and that's the biggest problem if you truely want to re-create a game with a very solid engine

Last edited:
For me I saw some worrying things from the defensive side of things. The cpu is still allowed to receive the ball in the space between the defence and the midfield, due to the back line just dropping off for no reason. This is combined with the DM having no awareness of whats developing two yards behind where he is standing.
It's one of those things that starts grating after a while (same as the full backs artificially tucking in to create space for the attackers down the wing) I was hoping would be fixed, and needs to be.

J-League in FIFA 17

image.img.jpg

+ Suita City Football Stadium (Gamba Osaka)

image.img.jpg

Good news for EA, surely another licensing blow for Konami, not sure how that will affect Winning Eleven.

Hopefully, with the new graphical engine EA improve the generic players faces, Especially given how awful generic Asian players look and that more than 90% of EA's J league is going to be comprised of them.

No J-league, even in WE 2015
The last one with that feature was WE 2014 Aoki Samurai

Shame we see a lot of the same animations from previous fifa. They need more after all it's all about movement.

I will play fifa17 for sure.
But huge dissappointment if they dont make acceptable body models and less weird animations even with a new engine.

The Twitter video clip is disappointing. Starting at 1:01, with the stupidly perfect 135 degree pass by the cpu from a difficult high bouncing ball, which literally goes precisely to the foot of the advancing cpu player, and leads to a sequence of laser guided cpu ground passes which are all perfectly controlled, and every cpu player has identical first touch and dribbling ability, it's all too familiar.

And I can only hope that the human player dropped his controller at 1:34, which is why the human controlled defender just stood and watched the ball right in front of him in the penalty box, allowing the cpu to come in and take it.

The proof of the pudding is in the playing but nothing in that vid gets me excited or shows any obvious sign of progression.

thanks then i cant see this as a blow for PES. its a nice middle finger but nothing else

ROFL! Good one :P :APPLAUD:

Guess it'll just be me playing Fifa17 then :)

Not just you :)

And I can only hope that the human player dropped his controller at 1:34, which is why the human controlled defender just stood and watched the ball right in front of him in the penalty box, allowing the cpu to come in and take it.

That´s obvious to me that exactly this happened.

To be honest,
when I heard about FIFA using the frostbite engine I thought of a rework in player models and animations as well.
That´s not the case and well...why should they have even done that?

Visual upgrades with that engine is a nice touch, nothing else.

If the gameplay is right (or at least similar as FIFA 16) I´m ok with this - in case PES 2017 will be a let downer for me like 2016 was.

I don´t find the animations so bad actually, except for a few ones.
The problem in here is, that some movements just happen too fast as the slo mo replays look good.

The problem in here is, that some movements just happen too fast as the slo mo replays look good.

I suppose they make it like that because the UT crowd want responsiveness, responsiveness, responsiveness. That's why all the players spin faster than a champion figure skater, and players' limbs twist like a bad horror movie. To my eye, it just looks so unnatural and breaks the spell of trying to recreate a football experience.

I suppose they make it like that because the UT crowd want responsiveness, responsiveness, responsiveness. That's why all the players spin faster than a champion figure skater, and players' limbs twist like a bad horror movie. To my eye, it just looks so unnatural and breaks the spell of trying to recreate a football experience.

Yeah that´s probably it.

I wish FIFA had those fine player animations as PES 2014 did (I think 2015´s and 2016´s are good either).

It´s not a gamebreaker for me as I love that unpredictable gameplay which PES used to have in earlier years.

Back
Top Bottom