FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

The guy moaning about the pass rate and the no individuality is an absolute tool. He hasnt played the game. We havent played the game. His comments are absolutely fruitless and baiting. He is analyzing a video which is horrible quality. Really evo web? Really? Is this new to you? In the 3 years I've been here I see comments like his all the time around this time of year. FFS

I'm not trolling

These are parts of the game that needs addressing and instead of abusing me try to get the message across to EA

Of course you're trolling, this is a Fifa17 news thread, what you think is broken about Fifa16 is not Fifa17 news, plain and simple, your post belonged in the Fifa16 thread if it has to belong anywhere.

he's not trolling

Again, this is the Fifa17 news thread, discussions should pertain to news of Fifa17 as we receive it from previews, images, videos, etc. etc.

Lacing up our boots and checking out this years effort from EA Sports.

Can you post the source for that? Not least because it's really bad netiquette to post stuff from one website to another without crediting the source (which posting the link does indirectly), some website get really arsey about that and we don't want a situation where Evo-Web because persona non grata for the sharing of news and stuff :)

The guy moaning about the pass rate and the no individuality is an absolute tool. He hasnt played the game. We havent played the game. His comments are absolutely fruitless and baiting. He is analyzing a video which is horrible quality. Really evo web? Really? Is this new to you? In the 3 years I've been here I see comments like his all the time around this time of year. FFS

100%

Again another insult.

My point was that these issues are the ones that need to be addressed and examined in fifa 17 and the reviewers and community members need to stress these issues to EA whenever possible.

Placebo you've spent years tuning your sliders to no avail. When I suggested new sliders (A feature that would help you actually instead of spending hours trying to get the AI to react to loose balls or the ref to award fouls) here you are calling me a troll.

No wonder these games are directed at kids and nobody respects you lot anymore.

Last edited:
Again another insult.

My point was that these issues are the ones that need to be addressed and examined in fifa 17 and the reviewers and community members need to stress these issues to EA whenever possible.

Placebo you've spent years tuning your sliders to no avail. When I suggested new sliders (A feature that would help you actually instead of spending hours trying to get the AI to react to loose balls or the ref to award fouls) here you are calling me a troll.

No wonder these games are directed at kids and nobody respects you lot anymore.

Next wind up post and You get a break from this board for a while.
You made a shitty negative post based on no real substance then Your all out trying to cover it with anyone who engages You.
This is the FIFA 17 news thread,if You want to spread negative ill thought out stuff then find a forum who is prepared to suffer that bullcrap.

No midfield play as every game is a counter attack fest and shots from the edge of the area (check out you tubers' goals)

No individuality again all player weigh the same and can do the same stuff regardless of size, level or stamina

Not true! At least not the way I play this game.
Individuality IS there. Could be better but it's there.

And you and no one else don't have a clue how 17 is gonna be.

Low shots:
I'm really excited about this as I loved to do them in PES 2014.
I just wonder how you're supposed to pull them off.
I hope it's not like pulling the left stick in the opposite direction.
Couldn't think of anything better than square and quickly triangle.

Some of the responses to what are just trailers and shakey cam videos have been, quite frankly, embarrassing.

All from people who I never see in the Fifa threads during the rest of the year...

And one of them has the nerve to call us children.

Untitled_1.jpg

grass and pitch looks more detailed

Oh my God. The beautiful blades of 3d grasses are gone. The player is lying on a flat pitch with some low density 3d geass that looks bald. Omg this is not happening, please. If anything important for graphics in a Football game, its the grass. Its becoming Fifa 12 again, great graphics but flat grass :CRY: And theres a very short 3d grass which is fine but it can only be seen at the very loeer part of the screen. Thats not even 1/15th part of the screen. I am so worried. I hope modders can fix it.

Only had a quick look. Lighting looked really good. Ball physics looked a bit so so and still too many of the same passing animations but let's check out a demo before we start going nuts :P

Just to quote a post from weng forums:

"Not really, calling fifa 16 as a sim is a complete joke and anyone who believe so is also an ignoramus. Heres why, it was branded to ''play beautiful'' which to some extent it did by bringing in midfield passes but it doenst mean it did things better. The most agile player slowed down and felt sluggish for no reason, the first touch were atrocious even for the like of Pirlo and messi (fifa 13 did first touch better), players waited to receive the ball so much so that l2+r2 at times didnt work."

Holy fucking shit, thats EXACTLY what I meant when I talked about Fifa 16 not being enjoyable for this EXACTLY same reasons (specialy the one about player waiting too much to recieve the ball and control it) , and I even get very surprised by the fact that there arent more people experiencing this.

For the reason mentioned above, imo Fifa 16 simply does not capture the natural flow of a real match, the game does not give you proper control to dictate the pace of the match. The "more slower/buildup emphasi" just gives that illusion that the game has a more sim aproach than other versions, but the way the game suddenly slow down the pace of the match is something totally, 100% forced, its not because YOU wanted to slow down. Passes (specially lateral passes in midfield) suddenly become so slow and players wait far to much for the to reach their feet, sometimes forcing you to make a first time pass when you didnt plan to do that, and noticed players (even skilled ones) wasting too mucn time to trap the ball (for ex) on their chest and put under control. Even when I switch plays, lets say, from Alaba to Lahm, a perfected weighted ball, Lahm takes to much time to trap on his chest and put it under control, completely retarding and killing the whole flow of the game.

To sum up, the way the game is slow down the pace is something that just not feel natural, organic, the game doesnt make you feel like you are in control, that you are the one who can dictate the pace of the match. Even when you need to seed up the play as you have spacd to advance on attack, things suddenly become slower like ball control. I also hate like the way even skilled and agile players turn when there isnt much space around the final third.
In the final third they suddenly become so slow to make small and tight turns.
Thats not realistic at all.

Please, dont understand me as a troll or anything like it. I dont hate Fifa. Some of these problems were not very evident in Fifa 14NG for example. That was a good game as a base. I just think that their attempt to make Fifa 16 feel slower, with more emphasis on midfield etc made those little annoying issues so notable to ignore. At least online these issues are very easy to note. Maybe offline is not as evident.

Exactly how I felt about FIFA 16.

Just to quote a post from weng forums:

"Not really, calling fifa 16 as a sim is a complete joke and anyone who believe so is also an ignoramus. Heres why, it was branded to ''play beautiful'' which to some extent it did by bringing in midfield passes but it doenst mean it did things better. The most agile player slowed down and felt sluggish for no reason, the first touch were atrocious even for the like of Pirlo and messi (fifa 13 did first touch better), players waited to receive the ball so much so that l2+r2 at times didnt work."

Holy fucking shit, thats EXACTLY what I meant when I talked about Fifa 16 not being enjoyable for this EXACTLY same reasons (specialy the one about player waiting too much to recieve the ball and control it) , and I even get very surprised by the fact that there arent more people experiencing this.

For the reason mentioned above, imo Fifa 16 simply does not capture the natural flow of a real match, the game does not give you proper control to dictate the pace of the match. The "more slower/buildup emphasi" just gives that illusion that the game has a more sim aproach than other versions, but the way the game suddenly slow down the pace of the match is something totally, 100% forced, its not because YOU wanted to slow down. Passes (specially lateral passes in midfield) suddenly become so slow and players wait far to much for the to reach their feet, sometimes forcing you to make a first time pass when you didnt plan to do that, and noticed players (even skilled ones) wasting too mucn time to trap the ball (for ex) on their chest and put under control. Even when I switch plays, lets say, from Alaba to Lahm, a perfected weighted ball, Lahm takes to much time to trap on his chest and put it under control, completely retarding and killing the whole flow of the game.

To sum up, the way the game is slow down the pace is something that just not feel natural, organic, the game doesnt make you feel like you are in control, that you are the one who can dictate the pace of the match. Even when you need to seed up the play as you have spacd to advance on attack, things suddenly become slower like ball control. I also hate like the way even skilled and agile players turn when there isnt much space around the final third.
In the final third they suddenly become so slow to make small and tight turns.
Thats not realistic at all.

Please, dont understand me as a troll or anything like it. I dont hate Fifa. Some of these problems were not very evident in Fifa 14NG for example. That was a good game as a base. I just think that their attempt to make Fifa 16 feel slower, with more emphasis on midfield etc made those little annoying issues so notable to ignore. At least online these issues are very easy to note. Maybe offline is not as evident.

You play manual or assisted ?

Some of the responses to what are just trailers and shakey cam videos have been, quite frankly, embarrassing.

All from people who I never see in the Fifa threads during the rest of the year...

And one of them has the nerve to call us children.

Well said.

This is.the Fifa 17 news thread though? Why is this even in here?

And well said again.

There's some right crap being posted in here of late, so much for a news thread, I bet t'other game's news thread gets better treatment.

Edit: Actually I take that back I read the PES17 news thread's last two pages and it's full of whining about Konami hating PC gamers (nothing new there). Maybe both news threads need a bit stronger handling to keep the content and discussion purely about news of the upcoming games rather than discussion of the old games, or they're no longer considered news threads?

Last edited:
Fuck! The one decent gameplay video and EA took it down

gLKvBaP.jpg

They're so frustrating at times, they release their crappy PR videos that only show stuff unrelated to gameplay, in their interviews they only ever stick to the script to talk about their shiny new feature and don't talk about the modes people actually play and care about (in my case career mode).

I guess it's fortunate I thought to download that video when I watched it really...

http://www85.zippyshare.com/v/bCEkbaK0/file.html
https://mega.nz/#!9tJUXYIY!k-UOdn_khTH3K-B5wvFiw_nMTtiEhGg-hw6mTVFCWTg

I think they took that video down because some UT player complained that it was too slow, so they've gone away to patch it.

I think they took that video down because some UT player complained that it was too slow, so they've gone away to patch it.
:LOL:

"And there wozn't enuf goals and and there wozn't enough skillz SKILLZ I LUV SKILLZ and and and I want to play it and it's not faiirrrrrrrrr why don't you invite me EA you suckkkkkkkkk and and and is it my nap time yet?"

The game play vid is really old build. Complaints were never warranted. No net physics implementation yet. Nor was there any magic spray semi circle for the free-kick. Cosmetic changes were left out and so I think there's nothing to worry about. The Fifa demos also often seem to be attack favoured. But that always gets balanced by the final game

Back
Top Bottom