FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

Every year people moan after seeing mobile phone footage..I'm surprised some people manage to get out of bed before dinner time they are that negative.

PES/ISS always looked the same before release you just felt the difference when you actually played it

Re: FIFA 16 Discussion Thread

EDIT: Moved.
Cheers :D

Btw. about the visuals: I like what I see for now, lightning seems really upgraded. The kit textures are still have way too low resolution, though. Makes it look weird with those sharp face textures if you ask me.

Last edited:
Happy with that video! Nice find, looks really good, pace is decent (probably on default normal?) passing and movement looks good, funny to see the managers on the sidelines reacting to stuff, some nice low shots, not happy they changed the penalty system as I thought the last system worked very well but I'm sure it'll be ok once figure out. Setpieces are such a huge part of the game it definitely makes sense they revamp the whole system which was pretty stale, obviously won't know if it really works until get some hands on time with it!

Visuals were nice but not as impressive as I'd imagine the Frostbite engine can be, maybe toned down for a console version? Hopefully the PC version will have a lot of graphical options to tweak.

Nothing negative about the video, as I liked 16 a lot.

Except for two things:
- penalty system: seeing it the same way as placebo
- net physics: come on man...seriously? The net didn´t move at all when the ball hit it. Steelcage like PES 2015?

Please nooooo

looks better to me, they sure know there camera work
Untitled_1.jpg

Well, that's 3 or 4 positive comments in a row.

Now we await the:

"Looks shit."
"It's basically Fifa 96."
"The nets are awful."
"There's nothing new. It's just the same game of football."

etc.

Then back to the positives. And repeat.

the animations are still the same, maybe a little more fluid but nothing big of a change, one thing fifa will never nail as pes, is the goal kick trajectory,and how the ball goes high and then falls down.
graphics are mostly the same a bit better lighting thats all.

Happy with that video! Nice find, looks really good, pace is decent (probably on default normal?) passing and movement looks good, funny to see the managers on the sidelines reacting to stuff, some nice low shots, not happy they changed the penalty system as I thought the last system worked very well but I'm sure it'll be ok once figure out. Setpieces are such a huge part of the game it definitely makes sense they revamp the whole system which was pretty stale, obviously won't know if it really works until get some hands on time with it!

Visuals were nice but not as impressive as I'd imagine the Frostbite engine can be, maybe toned down for a console version? Hopefully the PC version will have a lot of graphical options to tweak.
Untitled_1.jpg

i like they ditched the meter for penalties.
it was an idea i had to improve difficulty.. it was to easy before, plus meter wasn't smooth from left to right anyway..

hopefully you use left stick for accuracy, then based it on players skill, should be better idea.

Last edited:
Well, that's 3 or 4 positive comments in a row.

Now we await the:

"Looks shit."
"It's basically Fifa 96."
"The nets are awful."
"There's nothing new. It's just the same game of football."

etc.
the animations are still the same, maybe a little more fluid but nothing big of a change, one thing fifa will never nail as pes, is the goal kick trajectory,and how the ball goes high and then falls down.
graphics are mostly the same a bit better lighting thats all.
Scutch, what will all the Euros scores be tonight? :LOL:

Scutch, what will all the Euros scores be tonight? :LOL:
well man i am saying the things that are obvious, it's still the same animations, wasn't everyone's wish is to have new animations more fluid with frostbite, did u see any change? the players feel more fluid but still robotic as fifa 16,everybody was talking about an animation overhaul which i cant see here..

well man i am saying the things that are obvious, it's still the same animations, wasn't everyone's wish is to have new animations more fluid with frostbite, did u see any change? the players feel more fluid but still robotic as fifa 16,everybody was talking about an animation overhaul which i cant see here..
As I said in the PES thread, though, that doesn't necessarily affect gameplay, as long as they don't "lock you in" to a stumble and/or glue your player to the ground PES-style etc...

All I can tell from these videos is that gameplay looks slower and that the runs look a little more intelligent, but I can't tell anything from the defending, and I'm worried that it's going to be as blunt a tool as it is now (with defenders skipping past strikers).

The videos don't really amount to anything - from the previews, tactics are still useless, and if that's the case, nothing else will make a big-enough difference to sell me (I'm still playing 16, and enjoying it, but if 17 doesn't fix the faults that piss me off the most, what's the point in me personally upgrading).

Nothing negative about the video, as I liked 16 a lot.

Except for two things:
- penalty system: seeing it the same way as placebo
- net physics: come on man...seriously? The net didn´t move at all when the ball hit it. Steelcage like PES 2015?

Please nooooo

Fully agree with the net part. I think they are fine in 16, never bother much with/about nets.
But seeing the goal in this vid : the nets look totally unrealistic.
As you said, rigid / steel case. Hope they fix this cause it hurts my eyes.
Penalty system and set pieces can only judge once i get my hands on them.

Overall i really like this vid. Gameplay seems slower indeed. I like the flow of the play.
Love that low driven shot that went it. It is sorely missing from 16.
Hoping to get some more news/vids soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom