FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

Untitled_1.jpg

grass and pitch looks more detailed

Re: FIFA 16 Discussion Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQXW2iCdkr8

This actually looks good the players look more weighted.. the problem is that many fifa fans will not like this. I remember FIFA 16 demo and when it first came out felt really good, I could just play it out of the box with the default settings. but after many complaints EA started patching the game in it changed more to FIFA 15 and I needed many sliders adjustment to make the game better again.

What are the icons above the players? The triangle and ball icons that sometimes pop up.

I wondered the same...

Here's one:

zcp518b.png

It seems to be when a player is one on one to challenge with another player, always seems to be the player without the ball that has the icon?

Last edited:
Spot kicks are terrible! Now you can place 100% precise spot kicks anywhere you want? That for me is BS. It would only make sense if that little circle's size would change based on attributes how good is a players. If the player isnt that good at spot kicks, the circle would be bigger and there would be room for error.

Now its a mess up at the moment for me. Also dont like the change on penalties, until now it was stat based and well done. No ...we dont even know whats going on.

I wondered the same...

Here's one:

zcp518b.png

It seems to be when a player is one on one to challenge with another player, always seems to be the player without the ball that has the icon?
I think it might be a new series of prompts for the "trainer".

That icon looks like a circle of arrows pointing to the middle, meaning "press the team-mate pressure button now".

It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm thinking the nets indicate an older build. Can't tell anything about player weight and differences from that video.

No new sliders
No new cameras?
No individualism
%99 passing accuracy by 3rd div teams
Non existent midfield play
Scripted snorefest

Welcome to 2017

No new sliders
No new cameras?
No individualism
%99 passing accuracy by 3rd div teams
Non existent midfield play
Scripted snorefest

Welcome to 2017

Dont post crap like that again,You have not had Your hands on the game so that is just spewing negative message for the sake of it.
When You have played it,try posting again but more constructively.

It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm thinking the nets indicate an older build. Can't tell anything about player weight and differences from that video.

I really hope it is from an older build. But I doubt it. The nets are changed compared to FIFA 16 and I see no reason why they let it unfinished at this stage. On the other hand, we all know that Konami for example changed the nets just for the release date last year. But that was Konami...

FIFASoccerBlog Preview:
http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-17-preview/

They say EA are focusing on individuality by assigning different animations according to player types.

Individuality goes beyond the visual. EA has always struggled to make players in FIFA 'feel' different even though I believe FIFA 16 is not too bad in this regard. Pace and power are still the two standout qualities in FIFA whereas in PES you can really appreciate the players with good touch and passing ability.

Oh, and yeah...Looks Shit™

Looks good to me. Looks like a lot of old legacy code is still in there, but I never had a problem with it. I think FIFA should build off of what has worked, versus changing everything just because it's a new engine (PES..hello).

Pace of play was very fast for my taste, but of course it's P1vP2 and most likely on normal speed. I like the penalty kick no-meter, but I'm not really a fan of the free kick camera, not a big deal though.

Looking forward to more videos!

Just to quote a post from weng forums:

"Not really, calling fifa 16 as a sim is a complete joke and anyone who believe so is also an ignoramus. Heres why, it was branded to ''play beautiful'' which to some extent it did by bringing in midfield passes but it doenst mean it did things better. The most agile player slowed down and felt sluggish for no reason, the first touch were atrocious even for the like of Pirlo and messi (fifa 13 did first touch better), players waited to receive the ball so much so that l2+r2 at times didnt work."

Holy fucking shit, thats EXACTLY what I meant when I talked about Fifa 16 not being enjoyable for this EXACTLY same reasons (specialy the one about player waiting too much to recieve the ball and control it) , and I even get very surprised by the fact that there arent more people experiencing this.

For the reason mentioned above, imo Fifa 16 simply does not capture the natural flow of a real match, the game does not give you proper control to dictate the pace of the match. The "more slower/buildup emphasi" just gives that illusion that the game has a more sim aproach than other versions, but the way the game suddenly slow down the pace of the match is something totally, 100% forced, its not because YOU wanted to slow down. Passes (specially lateral passes in midfield) suddenly become so slow and players wait far to much for the to reach their feet, sometimes forcing you to make a first time pass when you didnt plan to do that, and noticed players (even skilled ones) wasting too mucn time to trap the ball (for ex) on their chest and put under control. Even when I switch plays, lets say, from Alaba to Lahm, a perfected weighted ball, Lahm takes to much time to trap on his chest and put it under control, completely retarding and killing the whole flow of the game.

To sum up, the way the game is slow down the pace is something that just not feel natural, organic, the game doesnt make you feel like you are in control, that you are the one who can dictate the pace of the match. Even when you need to seed up the play as you have spacd to advance on attack, things suddenly become slower like ball control. I also hate like the way even skilled and agile players turn when there isnt much space around the final third.
In the final third they suddenly become so slow to make small and tight turns.
Thats not realistic at all.

Please, dont understand me as a troll or anything like it. I dont hate Fifa. Some of these problems were not very evident in Fifa 14NG for example. That was a good game as a base. I just think that their attempt to make Fifa 16 feel slower, with more emphasis on midfield etc made those little annoying issues so notable to ignore. At least online these issues are very easy to note. Maybe offline is not as evident.

same every year mate, just trolling
he's not trolling, he is saying the clear things that needs to be done to make this game a great one, he is right about what he said, not everytime someone says something negative about the game that you people start to sayL troll troll, this is not trolling when u notice things that needs to be changed.

Spot kicks are terrible! Now you can place 100% precise spot kicks anywhere you want? That for me is BS. It would only make sense if that little circle's size would change based on attributes how good is a players. If the player isnt that good at spot kicks, the circle would be bigger and there would be room for error.

Now its a mess up at the moment for me. Also dont like the change on penalties, until now it was stat based and well done. No ...we dont even know whats going on.

i read about that but couldnt find a video to illustrate it. can you provide a link please!? want to have a look at it myself.

he's not trolling, he is saying the clear things that needs to be done to make this game a great one, he is right about what he said, not everytime someone says something negative about the game that you people start to sayL troll troll, this is not trolling when u notice things that needs to be changed.

99% Pass rate on 3rd div teams ??
No midfield ?
Scripted
No individuality?

Sorry mate but some of it is hugely exaggerated and some of it nonsense ..the issue is feedback like this to EA will do the game no favours and if I was them I wouldn't listen to this either.

Regarding the pens another poster comounted on is a wait and see..the last pens weren't stat based it was just a thinner green line..if you were accurate on a pad it was just as easy to score with terry as it is with Messi

Lacing up our boots and checking out this years effort from EA Sports.

FIFA 17 doesn't come out until late September, but there were some demo stations available at E3 2016 for those who were interested in a sneak peek. I tried it on the Xbox One and recorded the gameplay against another player. What do I think so far? Hit the play button to find out.

Note: The game isn't final yet so that things may change before its release.

The presentation looks mostly the same, but you'll notice a significant difference when the camera zooms in on the faces. There's so much more detail. You can see scars or even pimples on the players' faces. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, because players now look older (though that alone doesn't change how they play).

Penalties, free kicks, corners, and throw-ins look different from the previous version as well. There's no more left or right indicator during penalty kicks. During corners, there's a ball indicator that you move before a kick. The longer you hold the X button, the stronger the kick will go to the spot.

Free kicks further from the net stay in Tele Broadcast view. You can press the Left Stick to change it to the close-up view that we're used to in FIFA 16. Free kicks closer to the net look better. During the kick, the camera zooms in, and then automatically zooms out if it gets deflected or doesn't go inside. Also, I noticed you can now move the player throwing in the ball.

FIFA 17

Moving the ball is mostly the same, but there's an improvement in how players physically interact with each other, whether it's blocking a run, or shielding the ball. Your player will slow down if he gets bumped by an opponent. It feels more realistic than the previous version, which makes me happy.

I noticed that passes were a little more difficult. Passing blindly didn't work most of the time, and I found myself needing to be more patient to target whom I'm passing to.

A new major feature for FIFA 17 is The Journey, where you live your story on and off the pitch as the Premier League's next rising star, Alex Hunter. Unfortunately, I did not get to play this mode, since there were people behind me who were also eager to play.

Overall, I'm happy with FIFA 17 so far. I'm planning to pre-order from the Xbox Store. What do you think? Let us know in the comments!

Pre-order at Xbox Store

99% Pass rate on 3rd div teams ??
No midfield ?
Scripted
No individuality?

Sorry mate but some of it is hugely exaggerated and some of it nonsense ..the issue is feedback like this to EA will do the game no favours and if I was them I wouldn't listen to this either.

Regarding the pens another poster comounted on is a wait and see..the last pens weren't stat based it was just a thinner green line..if you were accurate on a pad it was just as easy to score with terry as it is with Messi

Here is a non-exaggerated list:

AI playing with %80 pass accuracy regardless of player level

No midfield play as every game is a counter attack fest and shots from the edge of the area (check out you tubers' goals)

Scripting is something I'm not go into anymore as it's obvious what I mean.

No individuality again all player weigh the same and can do the same stuff regardless of size, level or stamina

And the new sliders, new camera features are due by this time of the development of the game (Specially with VR coming close and 4K technology) Maybe a free cam for us to choose?

Again you call my opinion nonsense so I guess that's that.

Back
Top Bottom